Bellazon

Fan Talk

Neo52285

couldn't agree more with everything you said :thumbsup:

I like to say she was something of a Phenomenon right from the very start (and already was so, with or without Leo/VS in 99') Along with all the countless magazine records she broke that year that you mentioned, she also won the model of the year award in 99'. She was already making a name for herself in 99'. If you were too young to remember her impact in the late 90s/early 00's, than just read old interviews from fashion people and magazines. The buzz on her was insane right from the start. Everyone wanted to meet her,see her,sign her you name it. Far before ever getting with leo. So she was already Fashions little darling. That cannot be debated. By 2000, she was already the Fashion' Queen. For heaven's sake I was in highschool around the time she was blowing up and every girl wanted "the Gisele hair" so Leo made her hair famous too? :rofl::cain:

I gotta also agree with you on her making Leo relevant again. 2000's were not Leo's years. The 90's were.. with all the Titanic mania...To be honest he was pretty low key and under the radar in Hollywood during that time; until he got with "Gisele" (THE "it" girl model ...) so IMO she re-created the buzz on him, and they became the power "it" couple together. With Tom, while some here in the US I guess, could refer to her as "Tom Brady's wife", the same can be said for him as "Gisele's" Husband in virtually every other country in the world. :rofl: He is not world-wide famous like she is.

Point is: Gisele was going to be GISELE with or without Leo or VS. ;)

Christy Turlington gives a few small mentions of Gisele in her new interview from the Daily Telegraph :D

Not many models over 40 can make the same boast, but all six of the supermodels who haunted a generation of young men in George Michael's Freedom 90 video possessed a quality that has endured. "We were this oddity that occurred in pop culture at that time," she says. "But I don't think we created anything; I think we just happened to be there at that moment."

So does she buy into the modern lament that supermodels no longer exist? "I don't know." She gives a diplomatic wag of the head. "Maybe there haven't been that many at any one time again, but just think of Gisele [bundchen] and Daria [Werbowy]. And look at Kate: I met her when I was 18. Her father worked for Pan Am and so did mine, so we had that in common. She was always funnier than everyone else, and savvy. What has kept her going all this time is the fact that nothing takes her over; it's she who takes over."

Yet most of the new girls – Gisele aside – pale in comparison with the glamazons of the Eighties and Nineties who didn't "wake up for less than $10,000 a day". "Maybe our body types were more feminine, but I often felt that we were too glamorous," she says. "Because I'm not very glamorous it didn't feel true to me. I relate far more to the fashion of today than the Chanel miniskirts and Versace jackets of that time. Plus, having to wear all that make-upe_SLps what a waste! Cindy was much more that kind of persona; I don't think the 'sexy girl' thing is my image at all – I get more attention from females."

telegraph.co.uk

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

at that period I was very young and didn't know about her,but later I was only in my class,who loved Gisele :D none of them liked her,because of her face

most of the people I know,don't like her,can't imagine why,her face is so beautiful and different from others

yeah! I like her websites

her official site is the only one celeb site I know,which puts so many pics and information about the person.

it's like fansite

Well too each their own. Alot of people don't get her look and alot of people do. Isn't that the case with almost every celeb? lol I think her face is stunning. I don't like Playboy looking girls. Those are usually the people who will never get Gisele. She is too unique/regal looking and I also hate fat faces. Back in the day before she was over-exposed (thats why most people don't like her now, imo) everyone talked about Gisele (in a good way).

overall Gisele may not have been as beautiful as the 80s/90s models (what model is?? haha) but she was sooo beautiful compared to the late 90s models. which is when she first arrived. She was a breath of fresh air in the modeling world.

I agree,I don't like fat faces or like round faces :yuckky:

I don't like very much past years' models,I mean 90's. the only one I like from them is Kate and Claudia :p

in 90's there were the legendary women,like Naomi,Cindy,Eva.... don't like them very much,but respect a lot cuz they changed the fashion industry. if I'm not mistaken,they were the women,witch brought the status of SUPERMODEL in fashion industry,90's was the era of fashion.

Gi is just another case,I can't discuss about her with these 90's legendary women,she's so much better than those girls that I can't write her name with Naomi,Cindy and so on.

Gisele is the new legend of fashion,absolutely ideal with her Brazilian hot body and exotic face :heart:

yeah round faces for me is too much of a common girls trait. Not supermodel enough for me. :)

Overall I noticed people who only like commercial models think Gisele is too high fashion looking and people who only like high fashion models think she is too commercial looking, so she can't seem to win with some either way. It's the exact reason why I love her and what makes the most talented models IMO. A perfect balance of the two ;) That's why she can work for brands such as Victoria's Secret one day and the next for Balenciaga. Not many models can say/do that.

Gisele has now even surpassed those other legandary Supermodels. (Has more covers,campaigns,etc...) and she is only 30. Pretty amaizng if you ask me. No one has to like her look, but they are stupid if they are too blind to see that she is/was a phenomenon. :)

I have a round face ;) :laugh:

Ok, I clearly can see why someone doesn´t like Gisele. She has no real hips, her figure is rather boyish, and her face is hard and too muscular. I can see that and I accept that. She´s not really what you can call "beautiful". There were times when I would NEVER accept or say this, but just like in love, I think I have grown up ;) and now it´s something more than just "oooh she is sooo beautiful."

BUT (oh yeah, there is always some BUT), just as I said, there is something much more to Gisele than just her looks. Okay, we can all clearly see she has such a killer legs (amazing amazing amazing!!) and a killer walk, and a killer presence. Her hair is magnificient, the colour of her eyes pretty calming and her smile shines through :)

I don´t like body types like Gisele has, but I love HERS, because she can rock it. DAMN WELL. She is more than just a "model". She made a brand from her name, and that´s something. Pretty faces and pretty bodies, many of them will NEVER achieve this.

She did, and she is phenomenon. AMEN :D