Bellazon

Angelina Jolie
Thumbnail

Dennis

Angelina Jolie: Press Junket & 'Parade' Extras!

Angelina Jolie leaves a press junket on Friday (July 9) in Washington, D.C.

The 35-year-old actress (in an Elizabeth and James Elizabeth Blazer) spoke to the press about her new movie, Salt at D.C.’s Newseum.

Ang covers Parade magazine’s latest issue, and the mag released more excerpts from her interview today on Parade.com! Here’s what she had to share:

On avoiding the dangers of the movie business: “There are many people we’ve seen lost in this business because other people haven’t stopped to make sure they’re OK, you know? People are aware when others are breaking, but in this town they don’t tend to stop and help them. In the end, it costs a life. Part of the sadness in this business is that there are a lot of people in it looking for approval and love. I’m lucky because I was raised with so much love that I can take a lot of knocks and not take anything personally.”

On her opinion of religion: “I respect all religions. What I don’t respect is when people use religion to attack others. I’ve met people across the world, in the middle of nowhere, who are just trying to survive and all they have is religion. In some way it helps them, and I wouldn’t take it away from them. There are also people who use it to hate and kill. I don’t consider them religious people.”

On what her children are being taught to believe: “Brad and I are raising our children to respect everyone. We have a bookshelf in the house that has the Bible, the Torah, the Koran, everything. We will take our children to church, temple, Buddhist ceremonies, Mosques, teaching them about all faiths. Whatever religion they choose, the choice will be theirs.”

Thank you so much for the pictures, everybody!!

Does anyone know what the new tattoo on her thigh says?

Never mind, I think I figured it out for myself--apparently it says Whiskey Bravo, which some people are saying is the military alphabet equivalent for WB, the same initials as Brad's real name, William Bradley. Don't they also use that alphabet for regular aviation? Makes sense, since they're both pilots.