Bellazon

Angelina Jolie
Thumbnail

Dennis

Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Score Golden Globe Nods

There may be another set of twins coming to the Jolie-Pitt household – twin Golden Globe Awards, that is.

Both Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were among those nominated Thursday morning for Golden Globes, part of Hollywood's pre-Oscar awards' season frenzy now underway.

Pitt was nominated for his leading dramatic role in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, which, along with director Ron Howard's adaptation of the stage drama Frost/Nixon and another stage-to-screen transfer, Doubt, led the Globes' list, with five nominations each.

The Reader, Revolutionary Road and Slumdog Millionaire are also nominees for best dramatic picture. Best musical or comedy movie nominees are Burn After Reading, Happy-Go-Lucky, In Bruges, Mamma Mia! and Vicky Cristina Barcelona.

Meryl Streep nabbed two nominations: best dramatic actress for Doubt and musical or comedy actress for Mamma Mia!. Kate Winslet also has the chance for double honors, as leading dramatic actress in Revolutionary Road and as supporting-actress in The Reader.

Besides Pitt, the other dramatic leading actor nominees are Leonardo DiCaprio, Revolutionary Road; Frank Langella, Frost/Nixon; Sean Penn, Milk (that acclaimed film's only nomination); and Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler.

Jolie and Streep's competition for best dramatic movie actress will come from Anne Hathaway, Rachel Getting Married; and Kristin Scott Thomas, I've Loved You So Long.

In the TV division, the Globes smiled upon Tina Fey, whose Emmy-winning NBC sitcom 30 Rock was nominated as best comedy series, along with that same network's The Office, Showtime's Californication and Weeds and HBO's Entourage.

In the dramatic series category, those cited were FOX's House (the only broadcast network nominee), HBO's In Treatment and True Blood, Showtime's Dexter and AMC's Emmy winner Mad Men.

See a full list of the 2009 Golden Globe nominees.

The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards will be broadcast Jan. 11 from the Beverly Hilton at 8 p.m. on NBC.

Giggles for Franco, Cruise

Thursday's nominees were announced by Elizabeth Banks, Brooke Shields, Terrence Howard, Rainn Wilson and Jorge Camara, president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which presents the awards.

Giggling broke out when the names of James Franco and Tom Cruise were announced, for their respective comedy roles – in Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder.

A year ago, a strike by the Writers Guild of America effectively shut down the Globes telecast, with nominees refusing to cross the picket line to attend a ceremony. Instead, a small-scale TV special was aired, simply to announce the winners.

In terms of predicting the Academy Awards, the last movie to win both the Golden Globes' best drama and best picture at the Oscars was 2003's The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Last year's top Globe drama trophy went to Atonement, which left the Oscars empty handed.

This year's Oscar nominations will be announced Jan. 22.

source: People.com

post-19430-1229041888_thumb.jpg

Angelina Jolie: Honored By Golden Globe Nomination

Angelina Jolie was just nominated for a Golden Globe in the category of Best Actress in a Motion Picture for her role in the Clint Eastwood-directed film The Changeling.

Jolie told ET, “I am honored to be nominated by the Hollywood Foreign Press in a category with so many extraordinary women. What an amazing experience, having the opportunity to work with Clint Eastwood on a film I care so deeply about.”

The 33-year-old actress is up against Anne Hathaway (Rachel Getting Married), Meryl Streep (Doubt), Kristin Scott Thomas (I’ve Loved You So Long) and Kate Winslet (Revolutionary Road).

UPDATE: Brad Pitt was nominated for Best Actor his title role in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. His reaction statement: “I am pleased to be nominated for this award and would like to also congratulate David, Eric and Alexandre on their nominations. We’re all very proud of the film and thankful to the Hollywood Foreign Press for recognizing our work.”

Source: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/12/11/an...obe-nomination/

Brad Pitt - It’s All About “Getting Home To Family”

post-17383-1229059962_thumb.jpg

Brad Pitt is currently promoting his new film, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. While the film is attracting lots of buzz, Brad seems to have one thing on his mind: his family with Angelina Jolie. Brad recently sat down with Rolling Stone magazine to discuss his new film, and of course, his family of eight.

On getting help from his kids to use his iPod: “I normally need my kids to do this. They’re so beyond me in technology, it’s hard to keep up. Our seven-year-old was searching the word ‘weapons’ on Google the other day and ended up on some white-supremacist site. I’m sure now we’re on all kinds of watch lists.”

On his hopes for the future: “I have this fantasy of my older days, painting or sculpting or making things. I have this fantasy of a bike trip to Chile. I have this fantasy of flying into Morocco. But right now, more and more, it’s about getting the work done and getting home to family. I have an adventure every morning, getting up.”

On if he went to church every Sunday as a child: “Yeah. And it was too much of what you shouldn’t be doing instead of what you could be doing. I get enraged when people start telling other people how to live their lives. It drives me mental. This Prop. 8 thing just drives me mental.”

On where he was on election night: “Chicago. I went down to Grant Park, because I was doing Oprah the next day. I walked home from the park to the hotel, which was a half-hour walk. And I could walk freely — no one was interested in me at that point. People were weeping and hugging. The sense of elation in the streets — it was great. That was such a turnaround for us. We captured the original definition of America again.”

On if Fight Club would have been made after September 11th: “No. Certainly not that ending. We debated it then. There’s a line we stuck in, about the buildings being evacuated.”

On how some critics just didn’t get that film: “Did you see the DVD that Fincher put out? He put all the negative reviews in the booklet. Some London critic said, “Not only is it anti-capitalistic, but it’s anti-society and anti-God.” We were like, “We didn’t realize it was that good!”

On how Benjamin Button feels very positive, but some people might walk away from the story feeling very bleak: “Yeah, I think it’s open to . . . it’s your choice. I find Benjamin is about those universal things we all share — that 95 percent that makes us all the same, wherever we are in the world. Our loves, our hopes, but also the loss that we all walk around with and hide very well, and the ultimate notion that we’re all expendable. To me, it’s a counterstatement to this divisive period we’ve been in, where we focused on the two, three, four, five percent of ways in which we’re different.”