Bellazon

Angelina Jolie
Thumbnail

Dennis

A DOTING DAD

BRAD Pitt and Angelina Jolie are just as annoyingly amazing in real life as they always say they are. Pitt caught some flak after going on "Oprah" and claiming to be very hands on with his children. But a source at the Ocean Club in the Bahamas, who saw the Brangelina clan on vacation recently, told Page Six, "They were so adorable with their kids." The hotel guest added, "Brad and Angelina spent a lot of time in their private villa but would take the four kids out of the room to play." Our spy didn't see them with their new twins, "but they spent lots of time with the older kids doing arts-and- crafts projects and playing on the play ground. It was a great picture."

Source: http://www.nypost.com/seven/11242008/gossi..._dad_140456.htm

1.jpg

Missing in action - Angelina Jolie interview

Angelina Jolie in Changeling

Playing the real-life mother of a missing child in Clint Eastwood’s latest film was an emotionally fraught experience for Angelina Jolie, she tells Rob Carnevale

Few cinematic subjects are as emotionally devastating for both actors and audience as the loss of a child. Changeling, Clint Eastwood’s latest directorial project, proved doubly so for its star, Angelina Jolie.

Jolie had turned down the project initially because she found the script, which was based on real life events, too upsetting. But then something happened. ‘I found myself sitting with people, wanting them to know about this extraordinary woman,’ she says, sitting before me in the relative comfort of a plush London hotel.

The ‘extraordinary woman’ in question is Christine Collins, whose twelve year old son, Walter, went missing on 10 March, 1928. Although the boy’s disappearance received nationwide attention, the Los Angeles Police Department was unable to find him until, five months later, a boy claiming to be Walter was found and returned to his mother at a public reunion.

Bizarrely, though, it wasn’t her son and when Collins pointed this out to the officer in charge of the case, he persuaded her to take him home anyway, to spare the department from embarrassment. When she persisted with her claims, even supplying evidence, he had her institutionalised.

Without revealing Walter’s true fate, Christine’s plight and persistence in fighting police corruption did eventually bring down an administration, and resulted in new national legislation making it illegal for the police to commit people to psychiatric facilities without a warrant.

‘It became a story about democracy in action,’ says Jolie. ‘I found it very inspiring and really wanted people to know about her. I felt like it was an extra piece of justice for her.’

As inspiring as elements of the story are, the role did take its toll on the mother of six, who regularly sought solace in the arms of her children while filming.

‘I had them with me, as much as possible, at lunch and after a day at work I’d just run home. I just wanted to be silly. I was so emotional that I just found myself being very, very goofy with them. I was so happy that I knew where they were and that they were OK.’

Playing Collins had even more emotional impact for Jolie, though. She cries openly as she describes how her portrayal was based on the memory of her own mother, Marcheline, who passed away in January 2007 following a battle with cancer.

‘Her name was Marcheline, but we called her Marshmallow as a joke, because she was just the softest, most gentle woman in the world.

‘She couldn’t swear to save her life. But when it came to her kids, she was really, really fierce and so this is very much her story, in that she was the woman I related to, who had that elegance and strength through just knowing what was right.’

Jolie’s dedication to the role has left her strongly tipped for an Oscar nomination. If successful, she’d be following in the footsteps of an impressive array of actors who have been recognised for their performances after working with Eastwood. Hilary Swank won Best Actress for her performance in Million Dollar Baby, with Morgan Freeman picking up Best Supporting Actor on the same film. Sean Penn and Tim Robbins both took acting awards in 2003 after Eastwood directed them in Mystic River, while Meryl Streep and Marcia Gay Harden were nominated for their roles in The Bridges of Madison County and Mystic River respectively. It’s hardly surprising, then, to hear that Jolie had long wanted to work with the director, and found the experience as rewarding as it was daunting. ‘In person he’s a really good man. Very solid, very fair and a strong leader,’ she says of the cinema icon.

Eastwood’s famous no-nonsense style also brought its own set of challenges, however. As she talks about his working methods, Jolie offers some clues as to how Eastwood, himself nominated eight times for the Best Director Oscar, manages to secure such sterling performances.

‘He’s famous for shooting just one or two takes, which does sound terrifying,’ she says, smiling again. ‘He’ll take more than one if he needs it. But he’ll be very prepared from the moment you walk in the door, so, as an actor you have this feeling of having to bring your all. You don’t have a lot of time to over-think things, so it keeps you very in the moment and very real.’

Source: http://www.list.co.uk/article/14634-missin...olie-interview/

00000.jpg

Angelina Jolie's 'Changeling' fears

Cast member Angelina Jolie poses during the DVD release of "Kung Fu Panda" at the Grauman's Chinese theatre in Hollywood, California November 9, 2008.

Angelina Jolie says her film 'Changeling' had so much impact on her, it nearly prevented her trying for another baby.

The actress says playing the part of Christine Collins in the film - which tells the true story of a woman's son going missing, only to be replaced with an impostor - stuck in her mind so much it gave her nightmares and panic attacks.

Angelina, who made the film in August and September last year said: "I was wacko, emotionally, during this one. I just couldn't get the story out of my head. It was like, do you want to start a pregnancy in this high emotional state? I felt so raw."

Angelina, 33, did however become pregnant and gave birth to twins - Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline - with partner Brad Pitt four months ago.

She is also mother to four other children: adoptees Maddox, seven; Pax, four and Zahara, three and her biological daughter with Brad Pitt, Shiloh, two.

She says that during filming she would become intensely paranoid for her children.

She added: "It's harrowing to watch and, yes, it was harrowing to make. During this film I was much more paranoid about my own children - where they were, what they were doing.

"I remember one weekend I'd taken a nap and Shiloh was asleep in her cradle, and when I woke up she was gone. I was freaking out. And nothing had happened - Brad had taken her and the rest of the kids to the park.

But [the] story haunted me. Throughout filming I was hugging the kids and keeping them close to me."

'Changeling' starring Angelina alongside John Malkovich and Michael Kelly is released on November 26.

Source: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/showbiz/2008-...ent_7237111.htm

00000.jpg

Angelina Jolie ('Changeling')

It is almost a decade since Angelina Jolie won an Oscar for Girl, Interrupted, subsequently earning the scorn of critics with the Tomb Raider franchise, Beyond Borders and Alexander to name but a few. However, the tide seems to have turned again. Jolie is being tipped for more awards glory after her turn in real-life drama Changeling, directed by Clint Eastwood. This time she has the starring role as a single mother in '20s LA who must cope with the kidnap of her son and a corrupt police force indifferent to her anguish. Here, Jolie explains the process of tapping into her maternal instincts and looking to her own mother (who died just before filming) as the inspiration for her performance.

This is a harrowing film to watch. Was it a harrowing film to make?

"It was a harrowing film for all of us to make and, at the same time, because it was a true story - this woman went through so much - it was very inspiring."

As a mother, was it hard to get your head around what Christine Collins went through?

"It was very hard. When I first read this script, I couldn't put it down. I immediately said, 'No, I can't do this project because it is too upsetting.' But then I couldn't stop talking about her. I found myself sitting with people and wanting them to know about this extraordinary woman. In the end it became a story about democracy in action, about justice, about suffering a great loss and fighting through it to make a change for the future, and other people, and questioning the government and questioning the police. I thought it would be like an extra piece of justice for her to tell her story, but as a mom, it was horrible. I had my kids with me as much as possible, at lunch during the day. I just ended up being very goofy at home and so happy that I knew where my kids were."

Christine is quite passive, initially, after the police fob her off. Was it frustrating to play that aspect of her character?

"Yeah, it was the hardest thing. It wasn't just that she trusted in them, but she just wouldn't have gotten anywhere if she hadn't tried to 'keep her place'. She had to walk a very fine line and when she did speak up is when they locked her in an institution. And she was a single mother in 1928 [which] didn't command any respect at that time. The way I relate to it is through my mom. Her name was Marcheline but we'd call her Marshmallow, because she was just the softest, most gentle woman in the world. She was really sweet and would never get angry, but when it came to her kids, she was really, really fierce and so this is very much her, and her story in that she was the woman who I relate to who had that elegance and strength in just knowing what was right."

Clint Eastwood is known for being 'an actors' director'. How did he handle those emotional moments with you?

"He is very decisive. He's famous for shooting one or two takes, which sounds terrifying to an actor, but because of that you know he's not going to drain you emotionally. He'll take more than one if he needs it, but he'll be very prepared from the moment you walk in the door so you have this feeling that you have to bring your all. But if you do bring your all and you give it everything you've got till you're emotionally drained, he will capture it and he won't ask you to do it twenty times. So, he does allow for you to really push yourself and because most of the time he does do just one take, everything is very fresh. You know actors can tend to over-think things and we tend to analyse ourselves, but working with Clint doesn't allow for that. He keeps things very 'in the moment' and very real."

Was there a particular scene that you found difficult to do?

"I think the most difficult scene for me was just to make that phone call in the beginning. [As a parent], you don't want to go up to a phone, pick it up and report a missing child...the act of doing it is just horrible. That was hard to do, but funnily enough the more difficult scene was picking up the child at the train station. It was so weird! I remember the other actor [Jeffrey Donovan]. We really had to do this scene with evidence that it actually happened, because he presents this other child and she says, 'This is not my child,' and he then has to convince her that she should take him home. So, somewhere in the course of this scene she has to go from, 'This is not my child' to 'Okay, I'll take him home.' And we couldn't figure out how to act it. We just sat there together just trying to…it was so bizarre, it felt so strange."

Were there any other challenges to playing a woman of that era - did Clint put you through a '20s boot camp?

"He did. Actually when I did The Good Shepherd, which was a little later in period, I had to take a manners class! I had to learn to sit more this way [shifts to the side], because it wasn't very polite for a woman to sit as I do, very direct. These are things that you have to learn, so I had that in mind. And I found myself covering my smile a lot. I don't know why. Maybe it was something my mother did, or maybe it was just an instinctual thing of politeness. I don't know, but there were things that would just sort of organically come."

There is already Oscar buzz surrounding your performance. Would it mean as much to win a second time - especially since you lost your first Oscar?

"Hah! I didn't actually lose it. I gave it to my mom and she was one of those people that didn't put things up that she thought were too special, so I don't know where she put it. She put it away somewhere and we haven't gone through all her stuff so nobody knows where it is at the moment. Anything that acknowledges a film that you're proud of and that you worked hard on means a great deal to all the people who worked on it. But at the same time, even if it's not acknowledged, you're just as proud and you still worked just as hard.

Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a136069...changeling.html

00000.jpg

It's just a rumor, but...

Three Months Pregnant?

Angelina Jolie is reportedly three months pregnant.

The ‘Changeling’ actress – who gave birth to twins Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline in July – is said to have announced her news when a waiter in a London restaurant tried to pour her a drink.

It has also been claimed her partner Brad Pitt – who she raises six children with – was unhappy with her decision to go public with the pregnancy.

American magazine In Touch Weekly – which revealed Angelina was expecting twins - is also claiming the 33-year-old actress has pushed forward filming of new movie ‘Edwin A. Salt’ to ensure her baby bump will not be visible.

However, film sources have denied the schedule has changed.

Angelina’s representative has also denied the reports, claiming rumors the star is expecting are “not true”.

Both Angelina and Brad have spoken of their desire to add to their brood in recent weeks.

Last week, Angelina said: “Anything could happen. We're open to anything, we love kids and we're having a great time. It's chaos in our house, but it's

so much fun. We'll definitely have more.”

She also gave a glowing report of Brad’s skills as a father, revealing:

“He's the best daddy and we have fun, so whenever it gets hard we can just look at each other and find a way to laugh about and just appreciate that

they're only little once, and we should enjoy every minute.”

Appearing on ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show’ recently, Brad admitted the couple would “probably have more children”, adding: “It's the greatest endeavor

I've ever taken on. Why stop now?”

intouchangelinapregnant.jpg

Interview: Clint Eastwood & Angelina Jolie

post-17383-1227862471_thumb.jpg

He's one of the most respected directors in the world of cinema. She's one of the most idolised actresses of the moment. Now for the first time, Clint Eastwood and Angelina Jolie have joined forces and combined their talents in Changeling.

It's a poignant film in which Angelina plays the role of a mother who's searching for her kidnapped son and who finds herself faced with insitutional injustices.

We caught up with the pair of them to discuss the film and how it's so close to their hearts, plus they spoke about their first impressions of each other and their roles as parents...

WHEN CLINT MET ANGELINA

A mutual liking

post-17383-1227862477_thumb.jpg

During filming for Changeling

Changeling marks Clint and Angelina's first collaboration and the first time they met. So what did they think of each other?

Clint on Angelina

In the era of celebrity culture, Clint admits that he came to know of Angelina mostly through her image as a globally recognisable mother: "I liked her very much, I liked her as an actress and she is a mother and a famous mother now, but I figured that she would just know all the proper things about this character."

During filming, Angelina impressed Clint, who was quick to compare her to none other than Meryl Streep because of her readiness when she gets on set: "She has a good understanding of the role, of what her participation is going to be, and how she’s going to get there, and it was kind of a director’s dream because we didn’t have to sit around and pseudo-intellectualise too much on what was going on. My job was to sit there and see what happened and see what she brought."

Angelina on Clint

We always imagine Clint to be a caring and considerate kind of guy. Well Angelina confirms what we thought, reporting that he's a real professional who's very attentive in his ways. "I liked working with Clint because of the way he works. You know that if you’re there and you give everything, he’s going to capture it, (...) he’s ready, just lay it out for him and he’ll get it, take care of it, and move on, so you feel safe enough to just lay yourself bare and expose everything."

A future collaboration?

There are already rumours that Clint is preparing a film on Nelson Mandela and the 1995 Rugby World Cup final in South Africa... And Ange did nothing to hide from us her intense desire to land a role in it. We've passed the message on!

ANGELINA: IN THE ROLE OF A BRAVE MOTHER

A sensitive subject

post-17383-1227862483_thumb.jpg

Angelina Jolie in Changeling

It's not an easy task portraying a true story, especially when it's a tragic and political one but Angelina's not one to turn down a challenging role!

Kidnapping theme: act II

Angelina admits to having hesitated about accepting this film, especially straight after filming A Mighty Heart, in which she plays the wife of journalist Daniel Pearl who was taken hostage in Pakistan. Once again a kidnapping theme, and once again a true story... talk about poor Ange's morale hitting rock bottom.

"I actually didn't want to be involved in a film based on the kidnapping of a child because that's not the kind of situation I wish to experience!"

And we can understand her reluctance! As the mother of 6 children (soon to be 7 as there are rumours that another adoption procedure is under way...), it was particularly difficult for her to immerse herself in this role:

"Every day, Christine Collins, this brave mother, asked herself where her child was, if he was still alive (...) As a mother, that’s just the worst possible - so this film was very very painful."

So why did she accept it? Masochism? An Oscar nomination? No, finally it was the courage and persistence of the heroine Christine Collins that pushed Angelina to accept this big-screen role: "This real woman lived through this and fought the system (...) It was a story of justice to me in the end, and so that’s always, I think, one of the best stories to tell."

CLINT: THE MASTER FILM-MAKER

Behind the camera

post-17383-1227862491_thumb.jpg

Clint Eastwood

Presented at the 2008 Cannes Film Festival, Changeling didn't receive any awards in spite of the media circus surrounding Brangelina and a rather warm reception from critics. Was Mr Eastwood feeling a bit put out? He didn't turn up at the closing ceremony despite winning a lifetime achievement award and some thought that he was purposefully being difficult. It doesn't matter to us even if he was, we're still fascinated by him and here are our top three reasons why:

Reason #1: He's a pro

When it comes to directing, Clint knows how to deliver a highly documented and realistic piece of cinema. In Changeling, we find ourselves plunged into a corrupt Los Angeles in the 1930s.

"This film took place between 1928 and 1935, and I was around in 1935, so I can recall some memories, and then in the 1950s, I went to college in Los Angeles, and they still had the Red Car streetcars and all that sort of thing (...) For everything else, there was a lot of research, going back and getting books and going through pictures of the time and there’s several pieces of documentary footage of downtown Los Angeles at that particular time (...) It’s a very crude film but it does give you an idea of the era."

Reason #2: He's full of life

Clint is 78 years young. Yes, he could be our grandad, except that he's a lot more glamorous and has no intention of retiring! "I went to a tribute yesterday to Manoel de Oliveira who's turning 100 and I said to myself, I'm just a kid... I've still got 20 years ahead of me!"* he announced at this year's Cannes Film Festival.

Reason #3: He's human!

And that's always reassuring to hear! If you ever audition for one of Clint's films, there's a chance you might get to meet him...

"I'm not one of those guys sitting there smoking a cigar and blowing smoke in the actors’ faces as they come in to read. I see how they look, how they sound, how they feel, and then if I get close to casting them, I maybe meet with them and talk further."

THEIR STAR PARENTING ADVICE

Being a parent in the spotlight

post-17383-1227862502_thumb.jpg

Angelina Jolie with son Maddox and daughter Shiloh

Angelina has 6 of them and Clint has 7... Naturally, we're intrigued to know how they've brought up their children. We decided to benefit from the film's sensitive nature to broach the subject of rearing a family.

Dealing with the paparazzi

For Ange, the #1 objective is to make sure her kids feel at ease: "We do have a high profile family, and so we are maybe that much more careful, but I don’t want my children to be scared of why we have to go quickly into the car, or why that person is running at us with a camera. It is a fine line of saying to beware of strangers, but not to make them afraid."

Informing kids of dangers

For Clint too, he applies this same golden rule of warning children without panicking them. "I grew up in a time that was similar to this film. There was no television, everybody played outdoors and your parents always told you, beware of strangers... Nowadays things are very different. It’s hard for kids not to know [of the dangers], with the great information age we live in, plus watching all the mayhem on television all night, just by watching the news, not even the fictional stories (...) I think it’s up to parents to do the educating on that level. I think parents have to instill in children that not everybody has their best interests at heart."

A clear stance

During the film's promotion, Angelina and Clint raised a few eyebrows by both declaring to USA Today that they back the death penalty for child crimes: "When it comes to children, hell, yes!", responded Clint., while Angelina added:"If someone did something to my child I would go after them."

The debate is ongoing...

Source: http://www.sofeminine.co.uk/mag/entertainment/d5352.html

Jolie: Clint 'terrifying' director

Angelina Jolie has admitted the way her Changeling director Clint Eastwood works is "terrifying" for actors.

The Hollywood beauty worked with the legendary film-maker for the first time on the new flick - about a single mum whose son goes missing in 1920s LA - and said he's got a style that's all his own.

"He is very decisive and he's famous for shooting one or two takes, which does sound terrifying to an actor," she said.

"But because of that you know that he's going to not drain you emotionally, he will be prepared, he'll take more than one if he needs it."

Angelina, who has a brood of six children with partner Brad Pitt, went on: "You have to bring your all but if you give it everything you've got until you are emotionally drained he will capture it on film and he won't ask you to do it 20 times."

Source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/a...5tRjRymlspObXAg

It's just a rumor, but...

Three Months Pregnant?

Angelina Jolie is reportedly three months pregnant.

The ‘Changeling’ actress – who gave birth to twins Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline in July – is said to have announced her news when a waiter in a London restaurant tried to pour her a drink.

It has also been claimed her partner Brad Pitt – who she raises six children with – was unhappy with her decision to go public with the pregnancy.

American magazine In Touch Weekly – which revealed Angelina was expecting twins - is also claiming the 33-year-old actress has pushed forward filming of new movie ‘Edwin A. Salt’ to ensure her baby bump will not be visible.

However, film sources have denied the schedule has changed.

Angelina’s representative has also denied the reports, claiming rumors the star is expecting are “not true”.

Both Angelina and Brad have spoken of their desire to add to their brood in recent weeks.

Last week, Angelina said: “Anything could happen. We're open to anything, we love kids and we're having a great time. It's chaos in our house, but it's

so much fun. We'll definitely have more.”

She also gave a glowing report of Brad’s skills as a father, revealing:

“He's the best daddy and we have fun, so whenever it gets hard we can just look at each other and find a way to laugh about and just appreciate that

they're only little once, and we should enjoy every minute.”

Appearing on ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show’ recently, Brad admitted the couple would “probably have more children”, adding: “It's the greatest endeavor

I've ever taken on. Why stop now?”

http://justjared.buzznet.com/gallery/photo...toy-shop-04.jpg

those proves pretty well that this above is not true ;) :wave: