Bellazon

Angelina Jolie
Thumbnail

Dennis

Jolie-Pitt Halloween Costumes Revealed!

With six kids, Halloween is surely a big event for Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's brood. So the Jolie-Pitt clan hit the streets in Malibu on Friday to do some trick or treating.

And Star can exclusively reveal three of the kids' costumes! Maddox dressed as a marine with a helmet while Zahara chose a Jolly Green Giant outfit, says an eyewitness.

Shiloh, meanwhile, dressed as a sheriff. According to the eyewitness, she kept saying to Angie, "I want more candy, mom." Angelina told her, "You'll get more, there are more houses." Shiloh whined, "I don't want to walk," so Brad picked her up.

Sounds like a typical family Halloween!

Source: http://www.starmagazine.com/brad_angelina_...umes/news/14801

Harper's Bazaar UK December 2008

Angelina is surrounded. She has just stepped out of the elevator at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel, and there are six people circling her as she walks down the hall. She’s in New York for the premiere of her new movie, the Clint Eastwood directed drama Changeling, and her PR people are talking to her, asking her questions, but also shielding her ; their eyes watchful, aware that everyone else in the hall has turned around and is blatantly , shamelessly staring at her.

She’s smaller in person than you’d expect, more delicate than the buff assassin we saw stalking the big screen in last summer’s action hit Wanted. She seem relaxed and happy in a long grey silk dress, her dark glossy hair curling about her shoulder’s. The skin is a milk-white; the big cat eyes as pale green as sliced cucumbers. And then, of course, there is the mouth-that outrageous engorged orchid of a mouth; perhaps the most famous in the world. It’s pale pink today.-and smiling. “I don’t know where I’m going.’ she says, as she continues down the hall, although nothing could be further from the truth.

These days, Jolie 33, seems like a woman who knows exactly where she’s going. Calm as the Buddha, radiant as Jackie O-just three months after the birth of her twins Knox and Viv-she has learnt to thrive in the most bizarre inhospitable ecosystem imaginable; that of the super famous sex symbol. This is the poisonous atmosphere that killed Marilyn Monroe, Princess Diana and Heath Ledger; the same world in which she sold her baby photos to Hello! Magazine for $7 million. This is the mountain-top where Jolie now stands triumphant, with her stack of gold statues, her six young children and their father, the Sexiest Man In The World (aka Brad Pitt), smiling and in love-Queen of the World.

Perhaps the most remarkable thing about Jolie in person is her presence. When she’s with you, she is completely, 100 percent with you; the only thing she seems to care about is answering your questions honestly; telling you as much truth as she possibly can. I had a feeling that if her handler hadn’t come in and told her our time was up, Jolie would have happily stayed all day. This, of course, is a big part of why she’s such a great performer. Clint Eastwood has said of her; “She is one of those actresses who, like Meryl Streep, comes in very prepared. She has a great understanding of the role, of what her participation’s going to be, and how she going to get there. She’s thought it through.”

Initially, Jolie says, she did not want to make Changeling -a true story , set in 1920’s Los Angeles, about a woman called Christine Collins, who battles a corrupt police department while trying to get her kidnapped son back. “I didn’t sleep well that night [after reading the script], and I just didn’t want to go near having to think about anything happening to my children,” she says. “But I couldn’t get Christine’s story out of my head-in part because the character reminded her of her own mother, who died of cancer last year. “My mom was really soft-spoken”, she says. “But if anybody crossed her children , she somehow found this remarkable strength.”

Strength is something Jolie herself has in spades. She has been described in Vanity Fair as the ‘ultimate avatar of fantasies’ (hers and ours) and I think there’s truth in this. We watched from behind our fingers as she scrambled through the glamorous, gothic-nightmare of her twenties, riveted by her heart-stopping beauty, her open fascination with the dark side and her desire to explore life’s extremes. Struggling to find herself, at times it seemed like she might not make it. Now we watch with pleasure as she strides across continents, child on hip, calling for reform in Sierra Leone and Afghanistan, sleeping in palaces beside her beloved Prince Pitt, burning up the red carpet at Cannes in couture dresses, flying her own plane over the Mojave desert, giving away millions of dollars each year to charity. Even Pitt has described her as “like super girl every way.”

Yet to refer to Jolie as super girl, or as an avatar, is to simply imply that Jolie is not quite human. And yet she most definitely is human. This is the woman who calls for world peace with a gold machine gun charm dangling from her neck. A woman who plays an assassin in weapon-feasts like Mr. & Mrs. Smith, the flies off to the U.N. to build mud huts for refugees in Tanzania. A woman who is, it must be said, a walking contradiction.

“I don’t walk around feeling I need to apologize or explain myself,” says Jolie. She has changed clothes since I last saw her earlier, into a cream cashmere sweater and trousers; very simple and elegant. Her slender white hands are folded in front of her on the table; her fingernails are long and polished-a serene, poised image that is a world away from her turbulent pout. Her father, John Voight, and her mother, Marcheline Bertand, divorced when she was a year old, Jolie grew up with her mother and brother, James Haven in the quaint river town of Sneden Landing, New York, feeling like an outsider. She got into trouble in kindergarten for kissing boys, and began collecting knives not long after. By high school, the family was living in Los Angeles, where Jolie made a name for herself as a wild child. At 14, she moved her first boyfriend into her mother’s house. By 20, she was a movie star with a husband. “I always fall in love while I am working on film.”, she has said of her brief marriage to English actor Johnny Lee Miller, with whom she co-starred in the 1995 film Hackers. She married him shortly after the film wrapped in rubber trousers and a T shirt with his name written in blood on the back.

By the time she was 24 , Jolie was known in Hollywood not just as a troubled-daredevil , but as a phenomenally talented troubled daredevil. She has won three Golden Globes (for George Wallace, Gia, and Girl Interrupted) and an Academy Award (also for Girl Interrupted) and had gained infamy both for her brazenly honest interviews and her affairs with co-stars, including Jenny Shimizu, Timothy Huton and her later husband Billy Bob Thornton-with whom she swapped vials of blood, rhapsodized about the joys of sex, and declared fervent, eternal devotion. Yet somehow none of her messy past sticks to her, none of it diminishes her. All the wild living, the upheavals, the men, the drugs…if anything they’ve made Jolie more beautiful, not less. Her beauty flies in the face of every worried, hang wringing mother who ever warner her daughter not to get a ‘reputation’.

“I do what I want to do because I love it,” says Jolie of the work she does as a UN Goodwill Ambassador. “I got into the field years ago, because I wanted to understand what was happening in the world and I love spending time with refugees. Selfishly, its the most I’ve ever grown, the most I’ve ever learned, and some of the best times I’ve ever had speaking with other human beings.”

Ultimately, Jolie’s work with the UN High Commission for Refugees led her away from Thornton (who did not share her passion for charity work and parenting) and towards Cambodia, where she adopted her son Maddox, now seven. The couple divorced in 2001, Jolie gets emotional when she talks about the first time she met her son. “I’m not somebody who usually believes in any kind of fate,“ she says, “but when I first met my son Maddox, I had the strangest feeling I knew I was going to adopt a child, I woke up that morning thinking, “They’re gonna introduce me to this kid, and I wonder how I’m gonna feel,” And the moment I saw him, I knew I was his mother,” Jolie’s eyes well up when she says this. “And I can’t explain it; I don’t know why, but I knew it was meant to be. “

It was a similar situation a few years later, when Jolie met Brad Pitt on the set of Mr. & Mrs. Smith; instant lightning. Although the couple maintain that they did not become romantically involved during the shoot, the chemistry between them crackles on screen like a like brush-fire. In our interview, however, it’s the Jolie-Pitt children she talks about the most. When asked where they are at the moment , she raises her eyebrows and points to the ceiling. “Upstairs, I’m surprised you can’t hear them; they’re really loud. “, she says, laughing. When I ask how she explains the violence in her films to her own kids, she takes her time answering. “Listen, my kids play video games. I let them play with toy soldiers. We don’t take war and violence lightly, but we don’t hide it from anybody. We say “Mommy and Daddy have movies where we play these characters, but there’s real death and real violence in the world. here’s a real responsibility there to create in their minds the difference between the two.”

Jolie, who has referred to her films as therapy, felt that I would be ‘healing’ for her to channel her mother’s energy in her role Changeling. She also liked the fact that justice is seen to be done in the film. Justice is often a big draw for Jolie, who also played Marianne Pearl, the wife of slain journalist Daniel Pearl, in last year’s, A Mighty Heart, and who has a leaning towards superhero types such as Lara Croft and Wanted’s Fox, as well as towards wronged mother’s. When choosing roles, she explains, “I tell stories that are about the type woman I’d want to meet. The type of woman where I think, even if it’s silly characters I’ve played , like Tomb Raider; there’s something about her that will be fun for my daughter’s to see one day.”

Some can’t forgive Jolie for this dichotomy. Recently, actor and comedian Rosanne Barr wrote on her blog that Jolie and Pitt make about $40 million a year in violent psychopathic movies, and give away three of it to starving children, trying to look as if they give a crap about humanity.” Barr finished her post with a message to Jolie: “Now go back to making your movies about women who love to handle big guns that shoot hundreds of people to death.”

But Jolie refuses to apologize for such contraditions. “I am still, at heart-and always will be- a punk kid with tattoos.” She pauses, and smiles sully, She may not have all the answers yet, but it’s clear that she’s wholeheartedly doing her best to figure them out. “I’m trying ,” she says.