Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

Jade**

You know what i always wondered. How much money do the girls get paid to do the show. Im not talking Angels cause thats part of their contract so however much they getting paid thats in there somewhere. But im talking like regular girls who walk. Does it get more each year. And less for newer girls etc. Just curious i guess. I mean it would prob be more then 10k right?

They probably don't get paid at all because it's VS and believe it or not everyone wants to walk in the show whether you're a HF model or not because it's televised and millions of people watch it. I think you only get paid if you have a contract.

Yeah see thats what i was thinking. Cause its like something all models strive to be in. But i thought as they are working that they would be paid. I mean look at someone like Angela or Isabeli. They are regulars but i dont think they have contracts with VS. Unless they are runway contracts. So you'd think they would get paid to do it...

They probably don't get paid at all because it's VS and believe it or not everyone wants to walk in the show whether you're a HF model or not because it's televised and millions of people watch it. I think you only get paid if you have a contract.

I doubt that they wouldn't get paid. It is a job, after all. They probably get paid as if it was a typical runway show, just as SI swimsuit issue models get paid as if it was a typical editorial.

In more Fantasy Bra speculation: VS has Marisa doing a store opening the 21st (the day after the FB is revealed) then a signing the 22nd, despite that Marisa had an opening/signing just last week. And it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to not have the opening and signing on the same day, as usually happens, unless Marisa is going to be really busy the rest of the day after the opening (i.e., doing a lot of promotion). That said, it's in Chicago, and I would have thought all the FB promo would be done in NYC, so who knows.

I doubt that they wouldn't get paid. It is a job, after all. They probably get paid as if it was a typical runway show, just as SI swimsuit issue models get paid as if it was a typical editorial.

While I'm not sure about the SI Swimsuit issue, the models who do editorials in Vogue don't get paid. If they paid the models who didn't have VS runway contracts then there would be no point in a runway contract, so I don't think everyone gets paid.

In more Fantasy Bra speculation: VS has Marisa doing a store opening the 21st (the day after the FB is revealed) then a signing the 22nd, despite that Marisa had an opening/signing just last week. And it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to not have the opening and signing on the same day, as usually happens, unless Marisa is going to be really busy the rest of the day after the opening (i.e., doing a lot of promotion). That said, it's in Chicago, and I would have thought all the FB promo would be done in NYC, so who knows.

They had all the girls (except for Adriana) at the Lex store opening and the next day Heidi and Adriana did a signing, so though it might not make sense it has happened before. Ale just updated her Twitter saying she was going to Mexico, NY, Miami, and Rio (in that order). I know she has to be in Rio for Fashion Rocks on the 23rd/24th and I don't know what she's doing in Miami and for how long, but it's the 16th so she could very well be in NY on the 20th. Haha, this is getting good!

My thoughts exactly! VS is kinda strange at times, so there is no point in trying to put logic in their decisions :p

God could you imagine Tyra walking out with the Bra in the middle of the show? I think I'd die a little, then cheer, and then crawl up into a ball and cry some more but hey at least it's not Heidi!

Perhaps it won't be an "Angel" this year that wears it. They seem to be pushing Emanuela to all hell and back lately. And she definitely has the chest to wear the bra unlike Miranda o.O

I think Heidi knows it is her time to go. If she doesn't do the show this year, I can see her doing it next year. Just as like a goodbye thing Plus I can still see her working with the company, but just on her makeup line. I think it would be totally cool if a non-angel wore it like Emanuela or Candice! That would make my day!