Bellazon

Architecture

Oh, I really need to bring this thread back to life, it's awesome!! :chicken:

I see I'm not the only one who LOVED this staircase/bookshelf thing. It's so awesome!

Some time ago, there was a list of the most interesting/crazy buildings in the world, made by some American architecture magazine... guess what won? Obviously, Poland :shifty: haha, to be more specific, a building in Sopot (the city which is known from music festivals-worse with every year, but I won't say more; it's situated by the sea :wub: ) called "Krzywy dom". I guess people who see it for the first time should not be drunk, cause otherwise... :laugh:

Here it is:

krzywydomfront1.jpg

I think the building at #2 was a library that is in US, and it looks like the building is upside down? Unfortunately, I don't have pics of it, and can't find the link where I read about it :pinch:

Layla,this pictures looks like it could possibly be from Lewis Carroll's imagination.Wicked. (Y)

• 3 weeks later...

The Shell House looks crazy.

Reminded me about Teletubbies :ninja:

Love that building!

3rd reason to visit Poland (after Magdalena Frackowiak, and our own good Princess here ;) )!

:rofl:

The building is in Sopot, and Sopot is close to Gdansk, Magdalena's hometown :whistle:

Love that building!

3rd reason to visit Poland (after Magdalena Frackowiak, and our own good Princess here ;) )!

The building is in Sopot, and Sopot is close to Gdansk, Magdalena's hometown :whistle:

^Well then that's just all working out nicely for me then, isn't it?!!! :gocho:

And Teletubbies were my first thought too. Not that that's a bad thing - I think it would be great to live there!

post-11221-0-1446156152-99528_thumb.png

Love that building!

^Well then that's just all working out nicely for me then, isn't it?!!! :gocho:

And Teletubbies were my first thought too. Not that that's a bad thing - I think it would be great to live there!

post-16964-0-1446156155-4301_thumb.png

i didnt think teletubbies till Layla burned it into my mind... but im kindof keen on the idea... it would be the best decadent party house. people could put on big kiddie costumes and run around intoxicatied 'Yffing' everywhere :shifty: :sex: :rofl:

^^^ wow :blush: thank you.

and that building in Dubai just shocked me speechless for a few seconds. freaking a,mazing. Truly.

thank you.. and please come by anytime with things you feel like sharing! :heart:

you're most welcome. The buildings in Dubai are always impressive.

I cannot wait for this Dynamic Architecture to be finish.

Have you seen the man made islands of Dubai?

theworlddubai.jpg

This is what architecture is all about. Creating the impossible. Cheers!

^^ i have seen that!! isnt it called, rather aptly, 'the world'?? anyways, i love it.ive been thinking for a few years now since the waters are going to rise sooner or later... creating things like this would bevery beneficial to our world <as well as cool as shit!!>

well.. i went on a bizaare architecture hunt.. and i found some DOOZIEs!!!

my fave out of all i found is designer Pierre Cardin's 'bubble house' in cannes. the organic, rounded shapes are always sooo apealing to me.. maybe because i wasnt breastfed or something? :idk: :rofl:

but anyways.. id sell my soul to dick cheney *you know, Satan* to live in this house :p

ZACHT1P95H_cardine_home_01.jpg ZK9MYR01L5_ht_palais_bulles_090624_ssh.jpg 7GZ9QU97OZ_cardine_home_08.jpg PS34Z9PF61_cardine_home_02.jpg 1783BXDEX4_cardine_home_03.jpg ZG589QDVAV_cardine_home_04.jpg Y9OHV44Y5Q_cardine_home_05.jpg 9MNCQPIAL0_cardine_home_06.jpg VV5E2RLFH7_cardine_home_09.jpg 3DLG1A6MM6_cardine_home_06.jpg

^^ i have seen that!! isnt it called, rather aptly, 'the world'?? anyways, i love it.ive been thinking for a few years now since the waters are going to rise sooner or later... creating things like this would bevery beneficial to our world <as well as cool as shit!!>

well.. i went on a bizaare architecture hunt.. and i found some DOOZIEs!!!

my fave out of all i found is designer Pierre Cardin's 'bubble house' in cannes. the organic, rounded shapes are always sooo apealing to me.. maybe because i wasnt breastfed or something? :idk: :rofl:

but anyways.. id sell my soul to dick cheney *you know, Satan* to live in this house :p

ZACHT1P95H_cardine_home_01.jpg ZK9MYR01L5_ht_palais_bulles_090624_ssh.jpg 7GZ9QU97OZ_cardine_home_08.jpg PS34Z9PF61_cardine_home_02.jpg 1783BXDEX4_cardine_home_03.jpg ZG589QDVAV_cardine_home_04.jpg Y9OHV44Y5Q_cardine_home_05.jpg 9MNCQPIAL0_cardine_home_06.jpg VV5E2RLFH7_cardine_home_09.jpg 3DLG1A6MM6_cardine_home_06.jpg

'id sell my soul to dick cheney *you know, Satan* to live in this house :p' <--- haha, please don't. you can have this kind of house or even better. you can design your own house :fun:

I like the 'UFO house, blue orchid house, and Escher home (Greece?). Architecture is awesome and landscape architecture.