Bellazon

Allow flaming!

Guest quasicartes

Fair enough. I'd agree with you there although I am such a hypocrite hahaha

I believe in an educated opinion, but normally I'm too lazy to go our and research it. :laugh:

If you don't like religion I don't see any incentive to go out of the way to make an educated decision. People could easily refute religious ideas based on how religion conflicts with their beliefs and values.

e.g. I could easily refute whatever religious people preach because I have a pre-existing belief that once I die I rot away in the ground.

I hope that made sense :p Now back to my assignments...

Why does one have to know any kind of religion before he/she steps up against them?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's about making an educated decision.

I believe that before you dismiss or accept any idea, you have to know that idea first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you saying before you can dislike the cantatas of J. S. Bach you have to know them well? I agree.

Why does one have to know any kind of religion before he/she steps up against them?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe that before you dismiss or accept any idea, you have to know that idea first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can believe that and whatever else you want, but you are wrong.

You don't need to know the details of any religions to have an opinion about them, 'cause you know the general features of them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You don't need to know the details of any religions to have an opinion about them, 'cause you know the general features of them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'd have to disagree and for once (gasp!!) agree with heidegger...to be honest, i feel that u should know what ur disagreeing with or dissing at least b4 u start arguing against it. i guess if u want to disagree with the concept of religion in general, then thats fine...but the minute u start arguing about a specific one, i think u need to at least know what ur talking about. i saw some inaccurate comments made in the thread about specific religions and i gotta say i was really annoyed. if ur going to talk about something, know what ur talking about. please!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'd have to disagree and for once (gasp!!) agree with heidegger...to be honest, i feel that u should know what ur disagreeing with or dissing at least b4 u start arguing against it. i guess if u want to disagree with the concept of religion in general, then thats fine...but the minute u start arguing about a specific one, i think u need to at least know what ur talking about. i saw some inaccurate comments made in the thread about specific religions and i gotta say i was really annoyed. if ur going to talk about something, know what ur talking about. please!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who talked about a specific religion? I'm not for sure.

This answer goes to Heidegger too.

Note:

Originalsin, I see how hard it must have been for you to agree with him. Congrats!

:p

General opinions are usually inaccurate.

I always hear that Muslims only worship Muhamed. They don't adore Jesus, at least not as much as Muhamed. This is wrong. Only recently, I learnt from Zara that Muslims regard both prophets equally.

Similarly, most non-Catholics inform me that Catholics only worship Mother Mary.

Again, this is wrong. The truth is they worship both Mother Mary and Jesus Christ equally.

In order to get truth, you need to learn about things from a first hand account.

"There is but one evil, ignorance."~Socrates

Most Catholics do NOT worship Mary but pray to her for intercession to the Father. A go-between, if you will. Many take it farther but not here in the US and that's the one's I know.

Today many people just worship their so called "tolerance". What a fuckin' half-baked cop-out.

General opinions are usually inaccurate.

I always hear that Muslims only worship Muhamed. They don't adore Jesus, at least not as much as Muhamed. This is wrong. Only recently, I learnt from Zara that Muslims regard both prophets equally.

Similarly, most non-Catholics inform me that Catholics only worship Mother Mary.

Again, this is wrong. The truth is they worship both Mother Mary and Jesus Christ equally.

In order to get truth, you need to learn about things from a first hand account.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't you understand what I'm saying? Do you read it?

It really doesn't matter who they worship, and who they don't.

Both of them are based on a 2000 year old (fairy tale?) book. The followers lead their life based on what a (imaginery?) person said long-long time ago.

Why did you put this sentence there?