Bellazon

Everything About Her

lisa-1

Btw a bunch of those songs were not about her. Candle in the Wind was written in response to Lady Diana's death; Madonna's Vogue, (go back and do your research) was from the gay communities take on pop locking, it was their version and they would have battles where they would Vogue in night clubs.. It was like bitchy queen vs bitchy queen.. who dances better? Let me guess.. it was the bitchy queen.

Just because a song says the name Marilyn does not mean it's about Marilyn Monroe. If anyone knows the band Suede they would know the lead singer has been struggling with a major drug addiction.. for ironically enough heroin. The name, and the song were simply a play on words. These music facts are going to make Pretty twitch..

Not to mention her acting is subpar at best, her singing was mediocre, (her voice was irritating unless she was high on barbituates.. a few of you have asked where my name came from.. it's something called Phenobarbital, (her drug of choice) and when she was on it her voice got softer, sultrier, huskier and all together sexier), her jokes, (while they may have been quoted as being funny) were a joke. Want to know why she was such a quote on quote knock out.. stellar, whatever.. it was because she was surprise surprise banging a president.

Who by the way was married. And her untimely death and the suspicions surrounding it gave her some noteriety.

Heath Ledger isn't a legend now, give it 30 years and he'll be a legend.. hollywood famous death.. Zomg legend. Why do you think he won the best villian award.. cause he was that great? I don't think so.

As for fashion.. ok she got her face on a dress, which is tacky.. and the kitchen and the pots and pans got immortalized on the runway, (I felt sorry for that model or group of models I should say) and the plumage sticking out the ass of another runway show... and the big bold jacket that said NO... It actually formed and was molded into the word no, I was clusterf*cked going "no what?"

Umm... so my score for marilyn's legend..

umm.. 3? Monica Lewinski did it better.. that would be banging and scandal, and plus size. After all "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" "And I didn't enhale" if you know those quotes you might have the right to call Marilyn a legend.. after all she was an American Legend.

It's true all songs are not written only for her, but if someone quote you in a songs means your are a little bit famous...I think Marilyn is a legend! just say "Marilyn" everybody know it's Monroe, whereas monica Lewinski say jsut "Monica" you can't find I'm talking about her....

Morevoer Marilyn is famous everywhere, I'm not sure for monica...

I think she is a fashion icon too, just wear a white dress and curly short hair we can recognize it's Marilyn...

Agreed katefashionmode. Marilyn is an icon. Love her or hate her, but when you say "Marilyn" you instantly think about that curly blonde hair and voluptuous body. Monica Lewinsky is more a legend than Marilyn ? I don't think so. I don't know how popular she is in the US, but from my point of view, she is a has-been. OK, she had her moment, after that drama with Clinton, but now her moment is over, she isn't famous for anything besides having an affair with the president, and she's not the one who truly benefited from the publicity this whole thing generated. Hilary Clinton did. I highly doubt that someone will ever print Monica's face on a dress and even if they did, I have no idea what the woman looks like anyway, and I don't care.

So Marilyn, as a legend :

@ Pheno

Oh and Candle in the wind was written by Elton john FOR Marilyn Monroe in 1973! He just use the song again and changed the words for Lady Diana's death

The original version in the key of E major appeared on John's 1973 album Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. The lyrics of the song are a sympathetic portrayal of the life of Marilyn Monroe (the song's opening line "Goodbye Norma Jean" refers to Monroe's real name). The single release of the original song reached number eleven in the UK charts in 1974. At the time, it was not released as a single in the United States ("Bennie and the Jets" was chosen instead). Taupin was inspired to write the song after hearing the phrase "candle in the wind" used in tribute to Janis Joplin.

This version is ranked #347 on Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

"Candle in the Wind 1997" or "Goodbye England's Rose" is a remake of "Candle in the Wind" by Elton John that was released as a tribute to Diana, Princess of Wales.

so "go back and do your research" :whistle: