Bellazon

Shanina Shaik
Thumbnail

taniixx

On 5.8.2016 at 9:39 AM, penelopepitstop said:

Shanina Shaik in Mummy 2 with Tom Cruise

She rose to international fame after debuting on the modelling catwalk for the New York autumn/winter season fashion show in 2009.

Now, seven years on and Shanina Shaik is headed for the big screens alongside some of Hollywood's big names.

In her latest interview with the New York Post, the 25-year-old model revealed she is set to star in The Mummy two with Tom Cruise after knocking back a role in Superman 2. 

While speaking to the publication, she explained she always thought she was 'too shy' to appear in movies and that she 'didn't think I had the confidence for acting'.

Seeing other models try an acting role made me think, "Well maybe I could do it".' 

So far little is known about Shanina's role in The Mummy as well as the new plot for the reboot.

The new title will be set in the modern day - a stark contrast to the period setting of the last three titles under The Mummy umbrella, which starred Brendan Frasier.

Star Trek and Transformers writer Alex Kurtzman has been brought on-board to helm the project, and will take up the reigns as director. 

The latest take on the classic monster flick is slated for a 2017 release at the moment, with the film due to hit screens in June.   Shanina went on to explain to the US publication that she had turned down numerous auditions and offers in the past including 'Superman 2 and a movie starring Bradley Cooper'.

Why men are coming to blows over this Victoria’s Secret model

6CwAv45j.jpg VaeVPMF8.jpg jZEcNagt.jpg

Sometimes, it seems Shanina Shaik’s life is straight out of “Zoolander.”

Take the over-the-top scene two months ago when male model Tyson Beckford hopped on his Ducati and chased celebrity spinner DJ Ruckus from the Meatpacking District nightclub Up&Down, starting a heated on-the-street confrontation — all over Shaik.

The Victoria’s Secret model, 25, had dated Beckford on and off from 2008 until last year, but perhaps he wasn’t quite ready to admit defeat to Ruckus, who proposed to Shaik in December. The stunner says she was blissfully unaware of the hostility until it was about to make its way into Page Six, as she was working in London at the time.

“I didn’t know anything was going on. Then I got a call from my fiancé . . . it happened a few days prior to him notifying me,” Shaik tells The Post. “He didn’t want to get me off-track [from work]. Yeah, it was a very weird situation.”

So who is this feud-fueling beauty?

A self-proclaimed “shy” girl, Shaik was born in Melbourne, Australia, and got her big break at the age of 17, when she was a runner-up on the 2005 Aussie reality show “Make Me a Supermodel.” A year later, she was strutting runways in New York. Looking at the exotic model, whose father is of Pakistani and Saudi Arabian descent, you’d never guess that her mother is a prison guard.

“It’s pretty much ‘Orange Is the New Black.’ I’m obsessed with the show. My mom watched some and said, ‘I don’t want to watch it any more. It reminds me of work,’?” she says with a laugh.

Speaking of Cooper — no, she is not related to the actor’s hot model girlfriend, Irina Shayk.

“People always think we’re sisters. We have a similar complexion and have so much in common it’s weird,” Shaik says. “I take it as a compliment.”

Her own high-profile romance with Ruckus — born Gregory Andrews — started at the Coachella music festival, where they met in April of last year. The pair have a long-distance relationship: He lives in Los Angeles and she lives in Midtown West with her French bulldog, Choppa. And even though she’s dating a DJ known for celeb-studded gigs at Marquee and Hakkasan in Las Vegas, Shaik is no social butterfly.

“I’m a little bit shy, so people might judge me, saying I’m snobby,” she says. “Some of my girlfriends are very out there [and friendly]. I wish I could be that way, and socialize a bit more.”

In between launching her acting career and globe-trotting for modeling gigs and romance, Shaik is busy planning the couple’s beach wedding.

“It was love at first sight. Eight months later, he proposed to me in the Bahamas,” Shaik says.

Ruckus proposed to her on a private beach owned by his cousin, singer Lenny Kravitz. The DJ’s family friend Denzel Washington brought the rings from LA to ensure they arrived on time, because FedEx doesn’t deliver on Christmas.

“When he proposed, there were two rings for me to choose from. It was really beautiful,” says Shaik, batting her insanely long eyelashes.

In June, a month after the original fight, Ruckus challenged Shaik’s former beau Beckford to a rematch — “in a controlled environment, away from police [and] cameras.” But Shaik is ready to move on.

“At the end of the day, I always wish my ex the very best,” she says. “And I hope he does find happiness the same way my fiancé and I did.”

http://nypost.com/2016/07/23/why-men-are-coming-to-blows-over-this-victorias-secret-model/

• 2 weeks later...