Bellazon

Lukas Haas
Thumbnail

MartiniLush

New York Times, 26th October 2008

A night out with Lukas Haas

“I JUST like sitting and watching people,” said Lukas Haas, the 32-year-old actor and musician who still bears a striking resemblance to the little Amish boy he played in the 1985 film “Witness.” It was a Friday night at Hennessey’s Tavern, an Irish-style bar, and Mr. Haas, who had just performed a short set at a nearby blues club, was sitting back, sipping a Coke.

“I love seeing people having fun,” he said. “Everyone over in L.A. is too cool for it. That’s the problem.”

No doubt, many people would think that Mr. Haas, who pals around with actors like Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire, is too cool for casual people-watching. But his low-key manner and friendly smile quickly put that assumption to rest.

Though Mr. Haas hasn’t given up acting (he recently had a cameo on “Entourage” as a backwoods screenwriter, and made a memorable appearance in the indie film “Brick” as a drug kingpin), his current passion is music. In the last year or so, Mr. Haas has been trying to make it as a solo musician. His tuneful and earnest first EP, which is part Jack Johnson, part Elliot Smith, is now available on iTunes, and a full album will follow this spring.

His entourage this evening included his 24-year-old twin brothers, who live together in the Echo Park neighborhood of Los Angeles: Niki, a master stone carver, and Simon, an expressionist oil painter. “We’re all very right-brained,” said Niki, who sometimes fills in as his older brother’s bass guitarist.

The three were dressed nearly identically, in black leather jackets, skinny jeans and distressed vintage T-shirts. “When we walk down the street, people stop us and say, ‘Are you guys in a band?’ And we’re like, ‘Yeah we are,’ ” Lukas said. Indeed, the three sometimes jam with their friend, the actor Vincent Gallo. On stage, Simon occasionally dresses in drag.

Considering their indie rocker get-ups and the fratty crowd that sustains a typical Friday night in Hermosa Beach, the three brothers looked out of place when they landed here at Hennessey’s Tavern. A man playing drums and guitar at the entrance sang Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline,” a favorite of the frat-boy set. Inebriated dancing 20-somethings in flannel shirts “bah-bah-bahhed” along.

When spinach dip and Irish nachos (the bar’s name for potato skins) arrived, Niki and Simon reached for them immediately, though they insisted they typically stay away from such indulgences.

“I always tell them to live a little,” Lukas said. “I don’t know where they got these rules. But when they’re with me, they have to break them.” Simon and Niki dived into the spinach dip. The one-man band played “Lean on Me,” and Lukas sang along.

Plates clean and seltzer refills finished, Simon and Niki left to pick up Niki’s girlfriend in Hollywood. Lukas grabbed a few EPs out of his silver Volkswagen Passat to give to a few friends back at the club where he had performed earlier in the evening.

“I’m not the best self-promoter,” he said as he launched into a discussion on how hard it has been to make the transition to a new career. “It’s a lot of commitment and fear and all kinds of emotion and coordination and practice and playing in shows where no one’s there.” He paused and added: “There’s no other reason except that I want to do it. I have to do it.”

The reason I put up this article was, I found it to be a interesting read. I never imagined he'd be a observator rather than participator. I guess that's how he stays low key :)

I think that is Nicholai, he is the blondest.

That is definately Nikolai, clear as day :)

Nikolai and Simon

post-60019-0-05285600-1340155943_thumb.j

They are so cute and yes, Lukas does look like his dad.

I wouldn't exactly call Lukas a wallflower. :D He might enjoy people watching, but he also does more socializing and general participating than most people would find time for in 5 centuries. I do see that self promotion doesn't really come natural to him. He is mostly just doing his thing, the world has to notice on its own. ;) There needs to be more noticing ...

Such great pictures!! The fourth one is my new favorite! (Simon's pink jeans and everything)

I don't know if you have seen Contraband as of yet, but if you havn't, OMG you will definately love Lukas' character Danny. For me, he had me smiling, laughing and worrying. His character is somewhat silly and nervous but really entertaining. Since watching him display such a fantastic performance, I can only imagine the magic he will deliver to our cinematic lives. I won't tell too much, in case you havn't seen it, but a must see :yes::bounce::thumbsup::woot:

I really can't wait to see Meth Head, Crazy Eyes and of course Dark Was The Night.

Unfortunately, I don't own it but I did take some pics off my tv, during the movie. :baronlamesign: I know

There was only 2 bonus features and they were both commentary stuff but nothing to do with Lukas.

Here is some pictures of Contraband I took. They are a bit fuzzy but that is the best I can do :(

post-60019-0-06029900-1340336644_thumb.jpost-60019-0-83718900-1340336647_thumb.jpost-60019-0-57162400-1340336651_thumb.jpost-60019-0-72170800-1340336653_thumb.jpost-60019-0-92501500-1340336658_thumb.j

It would be pretty cool, if the director did what Christopher Nolan did for inception, the digital copy, then I can use my laptop to take the proper pictures, from the disc.

So he is in LA today, according to this tweet:

"Just spotted Lukas Haas at the airport. Yay LA. Aside from that LAX is a hot ass mess today.” ACH! Such a crush on him...

Don't know if he's done with Jobs or back for a weekend or whatever.

I have another youtube rec: short film "The Youth In Us" (2005) Beautiful, sad film and Lukas is so fucking cute. For some reason the video is unlisted, meaning you only find it if you have the link, but it has well over 30,000 views, so that doesn't seem very exclusive. I guess I embed it anyway? Yep.

Do you think Lukas went for the last day of the LA Film Festival?

DATES

June 14 – 24

The Festival’s hub is downtown’s premier entertainment complex, L.A. LIVE. Most of the screenings are at the Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE Stadium 14 with additional films and events sat the LA County Museum of Art (LACMA), JW Marriot – ION Rooftop Bar, GRAMMY Museum, Grand Performances, and Arts Brookfield at FIGat7th Plaza.

http://moviemaps.org/movies/l6 I also found the satellite image for the house, they are filming "jobs" at.

But will there be videos?

Lets hope so. If there isn't, then that is unfair to people who wasn't able to go. Mind you, everything slips onto youtube or the media releases information.

Special Appearance at the Nuart Theatre (Los Angeles, CA):Director Adam Sherman will appear in person with actors Lukas Haas and Madeline Zima on Friday, July 6 for a Q&A after the 7:30pm show and to introduce the 9:50pm show. They will also appear on Saturday, July 7 for a Q&A after the 7:30pm show and to introduce the 9:50pm show.

I don't want to sound negative, but do you think the majority of the questions will be directed at Adam, rather than Lukas or Madeline? I just think, Directors get more spotlight than the actors and the actors get maybe 20 minuites worth of interviews, then fade to the darkness!

Crazy Eyes movie clip!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

The kid looks exactly like the director! Hahaww

I just think, Directors get more spotlight than the actors

True, at such Q&A sessions, it's usually about the director. I have the impression Adam Sherman does not like public talking at all. He'd probably love to not be in the spotlight. Nevertheless he will be asked most questions. I would even be happy with some nice pics, to be honest.

Found these pics on feelnumb.com

They are old pictures, but we don't have them on here :)

post-60019-0-29053000-1340765036_thumb.jpost-60019-0-51462800-1340765037_thumb.jpost-60019-0-48058400-1340765042_thumb.jpost-60019-0-14079900-1340765051_thumb.ppost-60019-0-08177600-1340765072_thumb.p

The last one, I know we have but thought I'd upload it as the complete set ;)

Lukas in pink are just shots but the ones in blue, are from the david letterman show in 2010

I would even be happy with some nice pics, to be honest.

The pictures are better, you can see the impressions that have been captured. Nothing better, than a perfect smile or even the sparkle in Lukas' eyes :D

Four added to 'Jobs' cast: Ron Eldard, John Getz, Lesley Ann Warren, James Woods set for pic

Ron Eldard, John Getz, Lesley Ann Warren and James Woods have joined Ashton Kutcher in "Jobs," the Steve Jobs indie biopic. Previously announced cast includes Josh Gad, Lukas Haas, Matthew Modine and Dermot Mulroney. Joshua Michael Stern ("Swing Vote") directs, from a screenplay by Matt Whiteley. The Five Star Feature Film Production is produced by Mark Hulme. Eldard is set to play Apple designer Rod Holt. Getz portrays Jobs' father Paul Jobs and Warren plays Jobs' adoptive mother Clara Jobs. Woods will portray Jobs' former Dean of Students Jack Dudman. Eldard co-starred in "Super 8" and Getz was last seen in" The Social Network." Warren recently co-starred on USA's "In Plain Sight" and "Desperate Housewives" and Woods is starring in the upcoming "Jamesy Boy." Principal photography began earlier this month in Los Angeles and Los Altos, Ca.

Source: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-201206261441reedbusivarietynvr1118055985-20120626,0,5873554.story

Newsgroups: alt.showbiz.gossip

Date: 1998/01/08

Subject: Re: Lukas Haas; Art for art's sake

He was also picked up at Tower records several years back for shoplifting a rap

CD.

Date: 1998/01/08

I don't know if that ever happened with Lukas getting arrested for

shoplifting a CD, but is it worse than one of DiCaprio's friends (or

DiCaprio himself) spiking the drinks during the filming of Titanic with

hallucinogens, like was reported by the Halifax police?

Love, peace and freedom for all people,

Mike

Date: 1998/01/09

>If you want to appreciate an actor as an artist, then Lukas Haas is the actor

>to watch.

>The son of screenwriter Emily Tracy and painter Berthold Haas (who also have

>eleven-year-old twins, Simon and Niki, Lukas's brothers), this kid has

>consistently made intelligent artistic decisions regarding his film career, and

>has rarely, if ever, compromised his dedication to art for art's sake. He comes

>off as a sensitive, caring person (and it is very obvious that this is his real

>personality, as opposed to some construct of a Hollywood publicist), and I am

>not familiar with ANY negative or disrespectful statements he has EVER made

>about any individuals or groups. His puppy dog eyes, sensitive face, turned-up

>nose, and sweet voice say it all about this young man, and regardless of his

>sexuality, I will continue to support him in the future because he is what I

>believe an actor should strive to become.

(yawn!)

Blind fandom is so tired.

I'm sure Lukas is a human being---meaning he has good and bad things

in his personality.

If it means anything to you, a friend of mine was at a rather

inconsequential party and met Lukas. My friend talked to him for a

while and found him to be very likeable. As the conversation waned,

Lukas asked my friend if he had any pot. My friend didn't and that

was that. Personally, I don't care one way or the other if Lukas

likes pot, but somehow I suspect you will. Reefer madness, ya know.

--Paul

I know this "conversation" was back in 1998, but I find it hilarious, that people can make up such stories. If it was true, Lukas would have been 22-23 years old. What would Lukas benefit from stealing a CD at that age?

Source: http://groups.google...W4xYxXiHdSVn5hw

Lukas Haas arriving at STK with a Victoria's Secret model. March 22, 2012

The pictures have the annoying copyright isopix.be on them, unfortunately.

post-60019-0-87143100-1340808853_thumb.jpost-60019-0-14795700-1340808864_thumb.jpost-60019-0-68297400-1340808865_thumb.jpost-60019-0-15219100-1340808868_thumb.jpost-60019-0-34181600-1340808869_thumb.j

Here is the website, if you want the smaller versions without the writing http://www.isopix.be/persfotos_photos-de-presse/lukas-haas-arriving-at-stk-with-a-victoria-s-secret-model-887833-st.aspx

Interesting pics!

What would Lukas benefit from stealing a CD at that age?

It does say "several years back", so when he was a teenager. Some people (and many, many teens) do shoplift just for fun, for the kick or whatever - no idea!

More importantly, what does that person mean "regardless of his sexuality"? They are the the OP, so they must be referring to a previous thread? I want to read that! It all seems so random.

However, obviously they are correct that Lukas is basically the sweetest thing ever. :D As well as all around amazing.

More importantly, what does that person mean "regardless of his sexuality"?

Ok, found it. He might have been referring referring to the Michael Stipe gossip.

They are still friends btw. Here in 2011 with Steven Sebring, whose gallery they are at:

post-60408-0-81986000-1340838915_thumb.j