Bellazon

What model(s) do you miss the most?

frenchkiki

I like Yamila--but she never disappeared! Just didn't do high fashion.

I loved Nina Brosch, and found some recent photos of her that I put on her page. She sort of reminds me of Brandi Quinones. They seem kind of unstable and troubled--so that might have something to do with their disappearance. (Brandi Quinones is one of the fashion world's greatest losses as well--of course she's still alive, so thank God for that.)

Amit Matchinger was also very interesting-looking. I have this of her:

amit_1.JPG amit_machinger.jpg amit.JPG amit_machtinger.png

She has disappeared from this year's SI and their website and videos :(. She's not been in any more films

and there's lots less pictures with her than there used to be and I've not seen her on TV for ages

Holy Heartstrings Batman!! All this talk about Yamila is about to make me cry! But seriously, I do wish we could find more candids of her in her natural state, but she seems to be a rather private person.

I agree about Shana. I think she was a great GUESS girl.

I agree about “missing” Niki Taylor. And I miss that aesthetic. I miss Niki’s look. I miss Niki working that look. :) But the thing I would say about “missing” Niki is: She had an excellent career. She did covers, she did endorsements, she did editorial work, she did runway, she had her calendars. I do miss her appearing in all those things, but time moves on and she had an excellent career. The career of, literally, a supermodel.

And, to take your question a little bit differently: You know whose career I find very disappointing? That I “miss” in that way? That I can’t understand, their not having done more? bigger things? better things?

Diana Kovalchuk.

You look at her Elite Model Look stuff, and I think this is the “famous” one, out of her winning EML 1996:

http://www.rumela.com/albums_1/diana_koval...kovalchuk08.jpg

also in color, on the NAROD tribute site:

and I just don’t understand why Diana didn’t have a much bigger career.

And to answer one other way: You know whose career amazes me? A model that just astounds me? That I DON’T miss? Stephanie Seymour. Good grief, but Stephanie has endured as a fantastic model, and a beautiful woman. Stephanie Seymour and Christy Turlington. I love ‘em. I do.

Dianakovalchuk101.jpg