Bellazon

Frida Gustavsson
Thumbnail

After living as one of the world's biggest models, Frida Gustavsson is now moving from the fashion world to the theater scene. Plaza offers an excerpt from the portrait of a superstar on the lookout for the next dream: to become an actress.

"Oh, my god!", screamed Frida Gustavsson's agent on the other side of the line. "We just received a phonecall from Disney!"

It was October 1 morning last year when Frida got the call from IMG Models in New York. Just returned from Paris fashion week, she got up drowsily out of bed and tried to grasp what her agent told her.

"They want you to cast for the lead in Star Wars!"

Frida Gustavsson had dreamed of an acting career since she was six years old playing up her own plays for her parents at home in Hässelby. But it was only recently that she had begun to think about making serious plans. She had never imagined of suddenly getting a call from the producers of Disney's upcoming follow-up trilogy of Star Wars.

Frida got the script sent home and recorded a short video, where she was reading her lines as she then budade over to casting agents in Hollywood.

- They replied at once: "Perfect! You must come and see us", says Frida.

- So I flew to Los Angeles to read for director JJ Abrams and the casting team. The response I got was very positive, and that was when I thought, shit, maybe I can do this anyway.

I meet Frida Gustavsson an early summer day in her bohemian furnished three-room apartment at Mosebacke Torg in Stockholm. She is dressed casually in worn blue jeans and light denim shirt. Before us on the teak table, she set up strawberries and fresh pressed Presses. On the other side of the room flickers morning news on mute.

- Excuse me, I always leave it on during the mornings, she says, and turns off.

Although Frida Gustavsson is just 21 years old, she exudes an unmistakable world accustomed confidence. It depends, of course, that she is probably Sweden's most urbane 21-year-old. The past six years have been Frida traveling 290 days a year. She is the youngest person ever to be honored with SAS EuroBonus Level Pandion - an exclusive customer club consisting of 1 500 people flying more than the pilots themselves. Then she as 12-year-old was discovered by a model scout in Stockholmsgruppen, she has become one of the world's most sought after fashion models, and the last five years she has harvested some of the industry's heaviest assignments: from editorial jobs for American and Italian Vogue to campaigns for Dior and Valentino. She attended Victoria's Secret prestigious fashion show and last year she became beauty company Maybelline's official spokesperson and public face. A mission that is done: she ended up on Models.com specific list of the world's highest paid models: The Money Girls. Frida Gustavsson has, according to her, fulfilled every dream she had as a model.

- I'm very proud and happy with what I have done, she says. Everything that was once a mirage on a non-existent horizon - getting to shoot with Steven Meisel, ending up on the cover of Italian Vogue, doing a Prada Campaign, I've done that.

That is precisely why we have an appointment to talk about her next career step: to leave the well-paid, roving life model for this fall begin a full-time education at the Boulevard Theatre in Stockholm. It is time for Frida Gustavsson to realize his great life's dream: to become an actress.

The full story can be read in the latest issue of Plaza Magazine, in stores now!

http://www.plazamagazine.se/blog/portratt/2014/09/22/exklusivt-supermodellens-nya-roll/

Wat?  :blink: