Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

Looked some pages back, I'm glad I was after dinner when I looked through, otherwise I'd get too hungry! :p (not that this thread didn't make me a bit hungry even though I was full).

Some of these things you post guys look delicious others... well... :ninja:

Anyway, I just made quesadillas for the first today (I know, I'm so late with my life, haha) and as I had one flour tortilla left, I made a skillet tortilla pizza. Here's the link:

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/skillet_tortilla_pizza/

Instead of mozarella, I used a different kind of cheese and added a few slices of salami.

• 2 weeks later...

Franchise Fast food Burgers: Out of 5

I'm not too experienced, but:

1. Five Guys ****

2. Nathan's ***

3. Wendy's ***

4. Burger King **

5. McDonalds *

images2wgi.jpg

I haven't had 5 guys in a very long time- but I remember it being close to steakhouse or burger joint quality. On the other end, I actively dislike McDonald's burgers- the meat is around Burger King quality but they always put very little in the way of vegetables and other toppings. The ingredients that McDonald's and Burger King use are intentionally lower in quality than the materials used in Wendy's. Nathan's is a bit better, and 5 guys is definitely better.

I'm still gluten-free, so unfortunately I don't eat burgers anymore :-/

I still haven't eaten at an IN or Out yet. It's closest competitor is 5 guys :)

-----------

Interesting discovery:

Instant coffee has 2.5 times less caffeine per oz. than drip coffee. I bet you guys didn't know that :)

Ughhh, not sure how u do it my friend. Even though I'm much more conscience about my diet then most Americans I still need my burger from time to time. But heck, good choice with Five Guys. I remember trying them out not to long ago as they have finally expanded in our general area over the last few years. Good ol' fashion burgers with no gimmicks. Just straight up juicy burger patties with simple toppings like those many would grill from home. What I'm usually reminded of when I bite into one of those suckers...home. But Jesus do they pack it in with the fries. I've yet to finish a serving by myself considering its closing in on about 1000 calories :ninja: So yes, share a side order of fires if anyone out there eats there or get ready to add another notch in the belt.

And now that we are on the subject of burger joints :brows: Here are mine below:

1) Umami Burger - if you're ever in the greater Los Angeles area you need to try this place out...they are a burger joint on a whole other plain above the rest :chicken:

2) The Counter - the fact they give you a clipboard to fill out and customize your own burger on a given form just tickles my pickle :laugh:

3) In & Out Burger - do I even have to talk about this place. A California burger institution. A must eat for any foodie head.

4) Habit Burger - delicious goodness on a plate :drool:

5) Fathers-Office - local Gastro Pub that not only serves a great burger but a great beer.

Well, that's about all the places I can think of at this very moment in time. Oh, and Joe...sauce list coming soon. Burger list was just easier for me at the moment :whistle:

The sauce list is difficult indeed although I must say the burger thing is too :ninja: . Pretty much all of the well known ones have at least one burger that I love. As to the lesser known places, I'm also a huge fan of many family owned diner place's burgers and food truck burgers too. Some say that you have to have kobe beef to have an ideal burger although the real deal is only sold in Japan and a couple other Asian countries. We have some imitation here that's pretty expensive too. I must admit that I'm also not crazy abou the idea of either paying fifty or more dollars for a burger or the idea of a cow being treated like a king just for the sake of producing such fare either :ninja: . That said, even though its great, I don't think its manditory for an ideal burger at all. To me, some 80% lean and 20% fat meat right from a regular grocery store can make an ideal burger for me as well. Actually, I like make my own ground meat as well :ninja: mixing various different things. Even a rib eye or lamb can make a good burger. I'm a big fan of turkey burgers too, only I'd advise the lovers of rare meat that turkeys have to be cooked all the way through and aren't sorted for the rare variety. As to toppings though, I love some bacon, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, mustard, jalapenos, onions, mushrooms, cheese, avacados in some shape or form, ketchup, mayonaise on mine :ninja: . Actually, there's an untold number of combinations of things I like on mine :) :ninja: .

Oh indeed the sauce list is quite difficult for me here as well. The burger list was a 'walk in the park' for me compared to the sauce list. But if any sauce comes to mind...I'm always a HUGE fan of any good tomato based sauce on some great pasta, any pasta, just serving it and I shall eat it! So I guess that sums up my sauce list, and what a sum at that :laugh: Oh, and as far as Kobe beef goes. That's a tad tricky bit of beef to encounter. For one, both US and Japanese Kobe beef general come from the same cattle - Wagyu cattle. So don't be fooled into paying a HUGE lump some for some Japaneses Kobe beef when domestically raised is cheaper and an easier hit on the wallet. And funny enough, due to lower Wagyu beef costs in the USA. Some Japanese importers/exporters take advantage of the lower costs here, import cattle in from the USA to only export it back out as Japaneses Kobe beef to US consumers...so be cautious about any Kobe beef exported out of Japan and do a bit of homework before truly spending over $20 for a good piece of Kobe beef. Sometimes staying domestically really pays off. Some conosurs say there is no substitute for the real deal but I honestly think at that point there own stubborn, biased, thick-headed ways come into conflict to the actual taste of beef when comparisons come into play. USA or Japanese....just enjoy the beef for what it is and be ready to fork over a good dime. I'd be more worried about it being prepared wrong then where it came from by that point. Any who taking a few steps away from that rant of mine, and more into burgers in general. I just try to make sure I find a place where there is plenty of FAT in my burger. It's the flavor and moisture every burger needs for an orgasmic experience between 2 buns :shifty: Mhmm and there you go Joe :drool: Sometimes grinding your own meats can truly give you exactly what your craving for...and great toppings by the way :yes: Although I stay away from Turkey burgers in general as they are too dry and bland and rarely can anyone get a true juicy turkey burger right...it's that fat thing once again here :drool:

Still not sure about the sauce, although I like all the ones mentioned :laugh::ninja: . I'd never buy one of those because I personally think both what goes into the raising and cost are a huge waste :ninja: . The one I had was a gift from a friend on the east coast although they have great burgers over there to me in general. There was actually one that had some gold specs on it as a side note :ninja: . The fact that there is deceit of course adds to the problem. I definitely like some good fat too. I'm also a fan of the samon burger on the other side of the spectrum, although that's a different kind of meat and fat obviously. As to the turkey, rarely can anyone indeed, but I on the other and am > average after all :Angel: . I've made some that people couldn't believe was turkey although truth be told, I had to add some things to it to make it so :ninja: . That's not to say anything that wasn't natural at least. Since you're from Cali, I imagine you've taken part in the food truck scene? I recall they had some good and unique ones.

:laugh::ninja:

post-17304-0-1446013437-10841_thumb.jpg

I'm still suffering from inflammation problems. I'm using an antibiotic to hold it in. I broke discipline last week, and the inflammation got a little worse today. The only substance that I didn't cut out of my diet is coffee- I probably consume 300 mg-400 mg of caffeine a day but removing caffeine is like removing breathing for me...I need to be very alert during the day, and this is the only inflammatory substance I consume.

It's been a while since I started being 100% gluten/dairy/sugar free, and I have to say that sugar/dairy was a great move. But gluten...I'm having doubts. While I have lost a lot of weight (my equilibrium weight stabilized at a thin 137, making me 30 pounds below my normal weight), I'm not sure that being 100% gluten free actually does anything else. I don't think it'll make a difference if I'm 80% gluten free or 100% gluten free- it's not the gluten, but the simple carbs that's the problem.

And then there's rice, which I used to replace all the wheat I used to consume. It's better than wheat in terms of GI, but it's not that much better. I should be replacing it, completely...with vegetables. But that's as hard for me as removing coffee out of my diet.

I shouldn't be getting any thinner, I still look around 160 lb due to my stature and frame, but it's just not healthy for me to lose another 10 pounds...

Ughhh, not sure how u do it my friend. Even though I'm much more conscience about my diet then most Americans I still need my burger from time to time. But heck, good choice with Five Guys. I remember trying them out not to long ago as they have finally expanded in our general area over the last few years. Good ol' fashion burgers with no gimmicks. Just straight up juicy burger patties with simple toppings like those many would grill from home. What I'm usually reminded of when I bite into one of those suckers...home. But Jesus do they pack it in with the fries. I've yet to finish a serving by myself considering its closing in on about 1000 calories :ninja: So yes, share a side order of fires if anyone out there eats there or get ready to add another notch in the belt.

And now that we are on the subject of burger joints :brows: Here are mine below:

1) Umami Burger - if you're ever in the greater Los Angeles area you need to try this place out...they are a burger joint on a whole other plain above the rest :chicken:

2) The Counter - the fact they give you a clipboard to fill out and customize your own burger on a given form just tickles my pickle :laugh:

3) In & Out Burger - do I even have to talk about this place. A California burger institution. A must eat for any foodie head.

4) Habit Burger - delicious goodness on a plate :drool:

5) Fathers-Office - local Gastro Pub that not only serves a great burger but a great beer.

Well, that's about all the places I can think of at this very moment in time. Oh, and Joe...sauce list coming soon. Burger list was just easier for me at the moment :whistle: