Bellazon

Last movie you saw...

Legion

Finally got to see The Punisher the other night. :o

Lots of people said this movie was crap, but I completely disagree.

It's a perfect "Kill the people, who killed your family" movie.

I thought the part where he stabbed the knife through the guys hand, and then bent his arm around and stabbed the knife into his ass, was pretty cool, and he followed that up with a knife through the bottom of the guys jaw. That's the way to do it. :laugh:

Another cool part was, in the beginning when all the guys show up to kill him and his family, after his wife takes off, he goes to run after her and the guys chasing her, and the guy trips him up.

Then they get into a struggle with the knife the guy had, and the other guy is all struggling to push the knife closer to Castle's face, and he's totally not struggling at all and cuts the bad guys face. Pretty cool.

Enough rambling, it was a good movie.

I thought the part where he stabbed the knife through the guys hand, and then bent his arm around and stabbed the knife into his ass, was pretty cool, and he followed that up with a knife through the bottom of the guys jaw. That's the way to do it. :laugh:

Another cool part was, in the beginning when all the guys show up to kill him and his family, after his wife takes off, he goes to run after her and the guys chasing her, and the guy trips him up.

Then they get into a struggle with the knife the guy had, and the other guy is all struggling to push the knife closer to Castle's face, and he's totally not struggling at all and cuts the bad guys face. Pretty cool.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't seen it yet. I think my problem is I grew up around guys who worshipped the comic book, so if and when I do see it, they'll probably kill me. Because like with any comic book turned movie, they didn't really stick to much aside from the really major stuff like. Dead family, Punisher grr kill kill, and such.

That's true, they seem to do that with a lot of adaptations. I never read any of the comics though, so I'm not so sure what is missing from the movie, but I'm guessing it's a significant amount.

They did a horrible job adapting Queen of the Damned. It's an ok movie if you haven't read the book. But if you have read the book, you can tell they left all of the major stuff out and just did whatever they wanted.

X-Men just...both movies I walked out annoyed. The first one I went to see how they did, the second one I was only there for Peter Wingfield. With the third one, they're cutting out Gambit, so I doubt I'll see it <_<

I'm trying to think of an adaption that worked. Tomb Raider did alright I think. Batman and Spiderman obviously. Superman.

As for books....well, I could go on about Harry Potter and my serious want to take the fifth book to the casting director's head, but that's besides the point.

And to stay on topic, I just watched A Man Apart :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you seen 'Man on Fire'??? it sounds like a similar type of film . . .

THE GRUDGE

(Takashi Shimizu, 2004)

I liked it. Not too American and Sarah Michelle Gellar was better than I expected. Almost perfect camerawork. Good music and sound effects. Relatively scary. KaDee Strickland was very beautiful! :heart:

Rating: 4 stars out of 5. ****

just got back from watching Constantine . . .

was very good but at time was a bit obscure and there was lots you had to think about 'cos very very little was explained for one . . . good film :) .

no clue why it was rated 15 though :blink:

i agree with neo it was a good movie. i cant wait when the directors cut comes out on dvd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

was Sin City really, eally good then??? 'cos i saw the trailer today and it looked great and i was wondering . . .

dang, ive just found out that Sin City is released in the UK on 3rd June <_< . . . shoot, a 2 month wait :( . . . damn you evil americans with your early film releases :laugh:

AMADEUS - Director's Cut

(Milos Forman, 1984)

Digi-TV (Anamorphic 2.35:1/DD 2.0)

Last time I saw this movie a very long time ago I was not into classical music yet and this movie didn't give me much. Now I really enjoyed it even if it was too long (173 minutes). Poor Salieri, how Mozart humiliated him! :laugh:

Rating: 4 stars out of 5. ****

I thought the American Ring 2 was pretty good. Not particularly scary but a good story with lots of drama and 100% Hideo Nakata.

I haven't seen the first American one, only the Japanese one, so I can't compare the two Americans...