Bellazon

Barbara Palvin
Thumbnail

sarnic

I think I officially quit being a fan of this woman. Average work (below average even), she's not looking great and hasn't booked a single major job in over a year. I feel like her career went down the toilet.

So sad, she had so much potential :no:

It's not about working out only, she clearly isn't taking care of her face either and dat hair ... sure the color is better but still looks way too damaged, I think she should cut it, maybe a bob a la Toni & Karlie to help get rid of some of the damaged hair.

I think Barbara was like 'I made it! I can do whatever I want' and started partying too much and stopped taking proper care of herself. And sweetheart I'm sorry but you didn't make it just yet and you do make a living out of being pretty so looking bloated and shit won't help you. 

Just look at pictures from 2014 and 2012 and compare. She looks bloated, she has bag under her eyes all the times and looks exhausted in most of her pictures and it's clearly not because she is working a lot. I haven't seen recent body shots of her but a couple months ago (VSFS time) she wasn't looking that great in that department either. And I'm sorry but that hair is a mess, everyone has been saying it for a while. I blame it on L'Oreal because they are who take care of that, the best thing they could do for her right now is dye it dark brown and give a bob. 

I was one of the first people in this thread supporting Barbara when she started out and I was rooting for her, me and some other members but it all went downhill last year. I hope she can get back on track and start booking jobs again, maybe if she switched agency/booker it would be good for her. I think someone like Barbara would be better off at The Lions than at IMG.

And at this point the fact that she hasn't booked a single major job in months (which in the modeling word is years TBH) says it all. She went from "IT" girl to well, to whatever the hell she is doing right now.

I agree with MissLimaVzla about the hair part. Her hair does look awful and IS a mess. It has been since a while now and I also do think that she needs a proper haircut to fix it, I can't disagree on that. All that dying she/L'oreal did to it clearly damaged her hair a lot.

Anyway, some more from the Elle Style Awards 2014. All LQ's.

post-66949-0-1446060981-54673_thumb.jpg post-66949-0-1446060981-55696_thumb.jpg post-66949-0-1446060981-56358_thumb.jpg post-66949-0-1446060981-58364_thumb.jpg post-66949-0-1446060981-62783_thumb.jpg post-66949-0-1446060981-65844_thumb.jpg post-66949-0-1446060981-67011_thumb.jpg post-66949-0-1446060981-69626_thumb.jpg post-66949-0-1446060981-7083_thumb.jpg post-66949-0-1446060981-7232_thumb.jpg post-66949-0-1446060981-73114_thumb.jpg post-66949-0-1446060981-75593_thumb.jpg post-66949-0-1446060981-77983_thumb.jpg post-66949-0-1446060981-79394_thumb.jpg post-66949-0-1446060981-83277_thumb.jpg post-66949-0-1446060981-84239_thumb.jpg post-66949-0-1446060981-86127_thumb.jpg post-66949-0-1446060981-88426_thumb.jpg

I will do a short version.

1) She looks fine to me, no noticing of bloated appearance or anything.

2) I have noticed baggy eyes on her even at her best. It can happen.

3) I still don't think the hair looks bad. Might just be me, but who knows.

4) Work doesn't grow on trees. People can go through up periods and down periods but sometimes it can take models a very long time to get proper work. Even some of the top models.

Just look at pictures from 2014 and 2012 and compare. She looks bloated, she has bag under her eyes all the times and looks exhausted in most of her pictures and it's clearly not because she is working a lot. I haven't seen recent body shots of her but a couple months ago (VSFS time) she wasn't looking that great in that department either. And I'm sorry but that hair is a mess, everyone has been saying it for a while. I blame it on L'Oreal because they are who take care of that, the best thing they could do for her right now is dye it dark brown and give a bob. 

I was one of the first people in this thread supporting Barbara when she started out and I was rooting for her, me and some other members but it all went downhill last year. I hope she can get back on track and start booking jobs again, maybe if she switched agency/booker it would be good for her. I think someone like Barbara would be better off at The Lions than at IMG.

And at this point the fact that she hasn't booked a single major job in months (which in the modeling word is years TBH) says it all. She went from "IT" girl to well, to whatever the hell she is doing right now.

I don't think she looks horrible in these pics in particular, but I totally understand what you're saying. I'm on my last few months before I pretty much call it quits TBH.

It's so sad because this girl literally could have been massive if she had played her cards right, but once you're off it's pretty hard to get back on. I think people are being relentlessly optimistic because work trickles in at a satisfying-enough pace that it seems like maybe she realized she was a model. But once L'Oreal drops her (and they will…) the jig is up.

She seems more interested in being Internet famous than working hard, and I think by the time she even started to realize there might be a problem she was sitting watching shows during LFW in the 4th row while Stella steals her thunder and even Kendall Jenner walks by her. It's crazy to compare her career in the past year to someone like Sara Sampaio, who is making it big right now. Meanwhile Barbara just takes a lot of selfies.

And sorry, but I know someone will chime in like 'let's be happy for her! la la!' but there's just no reason to waste time on people who very obviously don't want to put in the effort. IDK where her agents are, but she can't be making half as much as she did a couple years ago, so I'm surprised they haven't given her a big push yet. TBH it seems like she and her agents are BFFs and they're a little too hands off with her.

She can definitely make a comeback. She has done some great work lately and she says she has started working out. We will see how that goes but at this last event it is clearly her outfit that makes the look really horrible. It looks like they didn't try with her makeup much either but I look at her face and she is still very beautiful. I would love for her to get SI next year. I really don't care if she does VS anymore. They get really amazing girls and then stop using them so it's not just Barbara. They didn't want to cast Shanina or Bregje this year either not even try it with Marloes or Emily for their shows. I think she would be more appreciated at SI anyways. They have a wide range of girls from curvy like Kate and Jessica to more in between like Emily and Hannah to really small girls like Lily and Chanel. If she gets healthy this year and focuses on her career I could definitely see her for SI.

edit- yeah it's hard to get back on track but it can be done. Look at Hailey Clauson. For a year or more she barely had anything going on now she is back and better than before. Kendall is beautiful but Barbara can't be compared to her. She doesn't have a famous family and a reality show. Not knocking Kendall, she's beautiful but they are very different.