Bellazon

Barbara Palvin
Thumbnail

sarnic

Barbara can be so fresh and new. how can the model who is always doing the same poses and is so uninteresting and similar to others be so needed ? all the models who have high statuses are unique in their own ways , so does Karlie. + Barb is not "just" a beautiful girl. she is smaller than others , but as we all know every cm in modeling very important , all models usually are supertall, if she was not different and fresh, she could never be where she is now with her height. that means she has such advantages that let all legendary designers work with her without paying attention to the perfectly seen difference between her and other models.

As much as I love Barbara, maybe they (VS) love versatile models over "I am always giving the same look and the same pose?" I couldn't care less about Karlie but she is a fantastic model when Barbara is "just" a beautiful girl modeling and delivering the same damn thing on every damn pictures.

Just sayin'

THIS.

Is Barbara prettier? Yes. But Karlie is way better as a model than Barbara, there's a reason why she books so many good jobs.

I think you all need to let go off the whole Barbara & VS thing, she wasn't contracted and that's it. Move on and enjoy her whatever else she does

I still completely disagree. Karlie's prowess as a model does not extend into the world of commercial/catalog lingerie. She will never be better suited for it. Modeling lingerie isn't just about how many high fashion jobs you can book, which of course Karlie has booked better ones than Barbara. Looks and body type should make a difference. Karlie can be as great as whatever in whatever other jobs she gets, but that does not mean everyone wants to see her with her clothes off.

I can live with Barbara not being in VS. That's not the point. The point is they chose a horrible alternative over her. She is not just a pretty face. She wouldn't be as popular if that's all she was -- and I'm not talking about the ridiculous attention she got for the Bieber thing. She was getting popular before that. Not outside the modeling world, but who outside the world of modeling and model fans could name more than a dozen or two models anyway?

I've always thought Barbara looked interesting in everything she does. And I will continue to do so, even if she's not doing VS. But I'm appalled by the fact that anyone could ever think that Karlie is a better lingerie choice; that is absolutely ridiculous.

It's ridiculous to you and some other Palvin fans but just because you like Barbara better than Karlie it doesn't mean the rest of the world does. Karlie has her own fanbase and appeals to different people just like every model does, for example I don't like a certain Angel at all, i think she looks like a cheap hooker and can't speak to save her life therefore I don't understand why she's still around but that's my opinion and I'm sure there's a ton of people who think she's amazing and find her just as appealing as i find Adriana or any of my personal favorites. The bottom line is that finding someone sexy is a matter of opinion, I and a lot of other people here find Karlie pretty damn sexy and she looks killer in her VS pictures and commercials. I've seen people who thinks that Barbara looks awfully young and should stay away from VS for the time being because she's a pedo's wet dream, obviously I don't agree with that because i do think most of her VS job was great, but as you can see not everyone think that Barbara is the second coming of Christ or that she's the best thing that ever happened to VS.

Plus being a VS Angel is more than looking good in lingerie, you also need to be a good spokesperson and it's plain obvious that Barbara is not ready for that right now, whereas Karlie has been in the industry a long time and does a good job when doing interviews or promoting X product. I personally think Karlie was what VS needed right now: A established model, who was an amazing background, who has a good amount of other clients apart from VS and whose name/face was already familiar to at least some people.

And seriously is not like it's Karlie's fault that VS didn't contract Barbara, we don't even know if they ever even considered giving her a contract. I'm not saying Barbara will never be an Angel, i really hope she walks the show again this year but honestly before she gets a contract she should work more for them for a couple years like Alessandra, Adriana, Erin, Candice, Lindsay, Karlie, Lais & basically everyone else did, Barbara is only 19 and i think that in a couple of years maybe she would be better suited for them brand because in this moment I don't think Barbara fits with the other girls (kind of like Chanel who looked ridiculously out of place when paired with the other models)

It's ridiculous to you and some other Palvin fans but just because you like Barbara better than Karlie it doesn't mean the rest of the world does. Karlie has her own fanbase and appeals to different people just like every model does, for example I don't like a certain Angel at all, i think she looks like a cheap hooker and can't speak to save her life therefore I don't understand why she's still around but that's my opinion and I'm sure there's a ton of people who think she's amazing and find her just as appealing as i find Adriana or any of my personal favorites. The bottom line is that finding someone sexy is a matter of opinion, I and a lot of other people here find Karlie pretty damn sexy and she looks killer in her VS pictures and commercials. I've seen people who thinks that Barbara looks awfully young and should stay away from VS for the time being because she's a pedo's wet dream, obviously I don't agree with that because i do think most of her VS job was great, but as you can see not everyone think that Barbara is the second coming of Christ or that she's the best thing that ever happened to VS.

Plus being a VS Angel is more than looking good in lingerie, you also need to be a good spokesperson and it's plain obvious that Barbara is not ready for that right now, whereas Karlie has been in the industry a long time and does a good job when doing interviews or promoting X product. I personally think Karlie was what VS needed right now: A established model, who was an amazing background, who has a good amount of other clients apart from VS and whose name/face was already familiar to at least some people.

And seriously is not like it's Karlie's fault that VS didn't contract Barbara, we don't even know if they ever even considered giving her a contract. I'm not saying Barbara will never be an Angel, i really hope she walks the show again this year but honestly before she gets a contract she should work more for them for a couple years like Alessandra, Adriana, Erin, Candice, Lindsay, Karlie, Lais & basically everyone else did, Barbara is only 19 and i think that in a couple of years maybe she would be better suited for them brand because in this moment I don't think Barbara fits with the other girls (kind of like Chanel who looked ridiculously out of place when paired with the other models)

I'm not saying the rest of the world agrees with me, or should. I simply said I disagree with Karlie being better, and I'm entitled to that opinion. I do not think Karlie is sexy in the slightest. I do not want to see her in VS. I don't have to approve of the choice just because of her having a successful career in high fashion.

I don't think Barbara is the "second coming of Christ" or "best thing" to happen to VS. I find that kind of attitude to be equally ridiculous. I'm not calling her perfect and not trying to act like VS is just going to explode and die because they don't have her. But I like her for it better than Karlie and that's MY opinion.

I agree Barbara looks young, but personally don't think that makes a difference. There are plenty of younger girls who buy mainline and don't want PINK even though the latter is more geared toward younger women. So I don't think Barbara looking young is necessarily bad. And I think she fits with the others just fine; I really liked her shots with Lily and Erin. And I know it's not Karlie's fault and it's not like I'm crazy enough to think she would or should give up the job just because a lot of people prefer Barbara.

I'm really not trying to start a fight or be overly offensive on this; I know I come off like that sometimes. I was just stating my opinion, not trying to make it seem like it was fact or that everyone has to agree. So I'm sorry if I offended/bothered you.

Don't worry hun :hug:

Is just that some other people here do seem to think Barbara is the second coming of Christ or that VS made a huuuge mistake by not hiring her or that Karlie is Satan and stole Barbara's thunder. And it wasn't like that, VS is a business and there's a reason why she didn't get a contract that we don't know of. I just find annoying as fuck that people keep bringing up the VS thing over & over & over again, she wasn't contracted, that's a shame but it's time to let it go :idk:

Don't worry hun :hug:

Is just that some other people here do seem to think Barbara is the second coming of Christ or that VS made a huuuge mistake by not hiring her or that Karlie is Satan and stole Barbara's thunder. And it wasn't like that, VS is a business and there's a reason why she didn't get a contract that we don't know of. I just find annoying as fuck that people keep bringing up the VS thing over & over & over again, she wasn't contracted, that's a shame but it's time to let it go :idk:

I don't feel that way about any model, really. XD I mean there are models I love, but every time I see someone quote a picture and be like, "THIS IS THE FACE/BODY OF A GODDESS" I want to gag, lmao. I personally don't think anyone is perfect and don't think they should be. So as much as I love Barbara, I don't think she's some angel that miraculously fell to Earth to model for us. :p

My opinion on Karlie with VS is the same as Kate Upton with SI -- I don't like it, but I get it to a certain degree. I don't like Karlie but I understand why a money making business would want someone with a lot of successful. I don't think Karlie looks good in lingerie, and am still not happy with the choice, but I don't think Karlie is the devil incarnate. Despite me not thinking she's attractive, she seems like a nice girl and I highly doubt she intentionally tried to push Barbara out of the spotlight or was trying to be mean about it. That would be nonsense.

Not sure if you noticed, but none of the VS girls are very original posers.

Did I have notice the redundant poses VS models are striking?

Mmmmm? Yes?

Hiring Karlie was a good idea then.

Barbara has a much better body. She's got a gorgeous face.

According to my personal taste I agree with you but according to the FASHION WORLD, most of the time, it's not enough. And Barbara is modeling since a long time now and she still can't give more than 2 or 3 expressions. Is she the only model doing this? No, of course. But that's Barbara thread so...

I'd like to see her doing Agent provocateur rather than VS. VS is a jail (a golden one for sure) for models especially the young ones and that will be great for her to do something "unclean and more sexual" to break that soft, nice and -yes- boring image of her.

And don't come telling me (in general not especially you Gator) she is too young and blah blah! If she can pose for VS in tiny things and bikini she can do AP.

I like Barbara way more than Karlie (do i even like her a bit?) but I am happy Barbara is not working with VS anymore. Their lost & her chance to become a successful model without VS.

How people can compare Karlie and Barbara? please they aren't the same kind of model and they aren't the same morphology. Karlie is like a squeleton and Barbara has curves, she's more like doutzen & adriana (i don't compare to them, their career are differents, i mean.. morphology, they've got the same) VS need both for different reason, Karlie is the kind like alessandra (skinny), but in more skinnier. And personnally, I think her too skinny for selling underwear but neither, seems it works but when i saw Karlie i want to eat not buy underwear but it's my opinion. :) Barbara was cool for vs and yes she don't has the same way to do it but she's less experimented in this industry than karlie and a lots think she's look like a baby, and yeah she has a baby doll face but stam has too, and that's what make her who she's and she did VS too :) maybe they should try Barbara next to Elsa in spokeperson for Pink on the first time.

She is moving to nyc!!! JUST WOW

I hope she will come/move back to hungary sooner or later.

Luckily in L'oreal doesn't agree with you! :)

I'd love to see Barbara doing AP :woot: But for now i think Intimissi is good enough

What does AP mean?

The new faces of the Mambo Goddess Club

http://www.news.com....7-1226619015229

Goddess >>> Angel

Isn't it? :)

Regardless of what is happening with Barbara Palvin and Victoria's Secret right now I have perfect faith ( and a really good feeling) that Barbara WILL work for them ( hopefully soon) again and 100% will become an Official Angel....

Why...Did you see Ed Razek and Monica Mitro's Twitter pages recently...Both only started Twitter accounts recently and yet BOTH are following Barbara's Official account and not only that but they are also following her fan sites ( Barbella pages ) as well ...it is very strange but Ed is following so many Barbara fan pages and the last time I checked was yesterday ...he was not following an equal number of other model's fan pages....I know Ed esp is a HUGE fan of Barbara ...Watch her VS Model Profile video ...he was full of compliments and kind words....

I don't know why they are not working with her ...her very young age , her curvy body, the Justin Drama.....NONE of that makes sense....except ....until now she has lived in Budapest ,Hungary with her family and had to fly every time to NY to work with VS while almost every other VS Angel and model already lived there ( or LA)and were readily available at a moment's notice and maybe that was a hassle for them(incl paying for airfare and hotel expenses)...and both times VS worked in Miami ( for the high profile Dream Angels Campaign and then for What is Sexy with Michael Bay) Barbara was unavailable ......either attending the Golden Globes 2013 in LA or shooting some exclusive L'Oreal work at Paramount Studios again in LA.......but now she has semi-permanently moved to NY ....she will be more available for work....They mentioned not being available for work was a huge factor for terminating Miranda's Angel Contract so maybe Barbara living all the way in Hungary played a part...

I don't think she is working with Intimissimi exclusively ( Knowing Barbara I don't think she would ever work with them if she knew that this would in any way,shape or form jeopardize her chances of ever working with VS again or taking part in VSFS 2013) ....and working for them is not black mark for her....after all BOTH Adriana Lima and Alessandra worked with them and other VS models incl Angels do work with other lingerie and swim wear brands..( Bregje,Behati and Sara)

P.S.- Both Ed and Monica started their Twitter accounts and began to follow Barbara AFTER the entire Justin episode exploded...the term Barbella stared because Barbara's fans stared to identify themselves as Team Barbara against Selena Gomez and Bieber fans and Barbara wanted a better name than Team Barbara and thus against all good sense and wisdom came up with a "better" name and ....Barbella was born ...plus her good friend Bella Thorne calls her fans Bellarina or something....