Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Director Michael Mann about how he wanted Leo as James Dean. There's even a screen test. CAN WE PLS SEE IT MR MANN??????????????

Michael Mann nixed his James Dean biopic over Leonardo DiCaprio's youthful looks

103551822_jamesdean.thumb.jpg.6ef50c707fbf360d12180eb7bdb9fa5c.jpg6c644a89c4a8d17f37a036ac91a25045a5b788f1

Leonardo DiCaprio may be the king of the world, but he lost his shot at becoming a rebel without a cause.

While speaking with Deadline about his Heat sequel/prequel novel, director Michael Mann revealed that he ended up making Heat — and abandoning a planned James Dean biopic — because he grew tired of waiting for his top choice for the role, DiCaprio, to age into the part.

"That was so weird about James Dean," Mann said. "It was a brilliant screenplay. And then it's who the hell could play James Dean? And I found a chap who could play James Dean, but he was too young. It was Leo. We did a screen test that's quite amazing. I think he must've been 19 at the time."

"And from one angle, he totally had it with him," he continued. "I mean, it's brilliance. He would turn his face in one direction and we see a vision of James Dean, and then he'd turn his face another direction and it's no, that's a young kid. He respectfully undid the James Dean bio for me."

DiCaprio was regarded for his baby-face good looks early in his career, a boyish charm that lent itself naturally to titles such as Romeo + Juliet and Titanic. But it is a bit perplexing that he wasn't old enough to portray Dean, who was, in fact, only 24 when he died after making three films. Mann could've returned to the biopic after Heat when DiCaprio had aged a bit more, or selected another actor from the crop of young talents on the rise in the mid-1990s.

Dean's short life has since been chronicled on screen, most notably by James Franco in a 2001 TV movie and by Dane DeHaan in 2015's Life (coincidentally, both stars have also played Harry Osborn in Spider-Man films).

But for Mann, it was either DiCaprio or Dicapri-no for his Dean project.

Source

cute :heart: #cinematic parallels we deserve

b5fd67ad0766664617ebfafad495f2a1ec2d5519

626439795_noserub01.thumb.gif.b0b3aecd96eede46101073ddc96aff68.gif

East of Eden (1955)

Romeo & Juliet (1996)

29 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

El director Michael Mann sobre cómo quería a Leo como James Dean. Incluso hay una prueba de pantalla. PODEMOS VERLO SEÑOR MANN???????????????

Michael Mann rechazó su película biográfica de James Dean por la apariencia juvenil de Leonardo DiCaprio

103551822_jamesdean.thumb.jpg.6ef50c707fbf360d12180eb7bdb9fa5c.jpg6c644a89c4a8d17f37a036ac91a25045a5b788f1

Leonardo DiCaprio puede ser el rey del mundo, pero perdió la oportunidad de convertirse en un rebelde sin causa.

Mientras hablaba con Deadline sobre su novela secuela/precuela de Heat , el director Michael Mann reveló que terminó haciendo Heat, y abandonó una película biográfica planeada de James Dean , porque se cansó de esperar a que su mejor opción para el papel, DiCaprio, envejeciera. la parte.

"Eso fue muy extraño sobre James Dean", dijo Mann. "Era un guión brillante. Y luego, ¿quién diablos podría interpretar a James Dean? Y encontré a un tipo que podía interpretar a James Dean, pero era demasiado joven. Era Leo. Hicimos una prueba de pantalla que es bastante sorprendente. Creo que debe haber tenido 19 años en ese momento".

"Y desde un ángulo, lo tenía totalmente consigo", continuó. "Quiero decir, es genialidad. Volvía la cara en una dirección y veíamos una visión de James Dean, y luego giraba la cara en otra dirección y no, es un niño pequeño. Respetuosamente deshizo la biografía de James Dean". para mi."

DiCaprio fue considerado por su buena apariencia de cara de niño al principio de su carrera, un encanto juvenil que se prestó naturalmente a títulos como Romeo + Juliet y Titanic. Pero es un poco desconcertante que no tuviera la edad suficiente para interpretar a Dean, quien, de hecho, solo tenía 24 años cuando murió después de hacer tres películas. Mann podría haber regresado a la película biográfica después de Heat cuando DiCaprio había envejecido un poco más, o haber seleccionado a otro actor de la cosecha de jóvenes talentos en ascenso a mediados de la década de 1990.

Desde entonces, la corta vida de Dean ha sido narrada en la pantalla, sobre todo por James Franco en una película para televisión de 2001 y por Dane DeHaan en Life de 2015 (casualmente, ambas estrellas también interpretaron a Harry Osborn en las películas de Spider-Man ).

Pero para Mann, era DiCaprio o Dicaprino para su proyecto Dean.

Fuente

Realmente nunca obtuve esa exageración de Dean, pero esto es un poco lindo

b5fd67ad0766664617ebfafad495f2a1ec2d5519

626439795_noserub01.thumb.gif.b0b3aecd96eede46101073ddc96aff68.gif

Al este del Edén (1955)

Romeo y Julieta (1996)

What a pity! It would have been a great movie. Leo is Perfect for that Role. 

^ I can't believe this- what a pity this movie was never made. I always thought that Young Leo's acting reminded me a lot of James Dean and to me that's a big compliment. I really think James Dean was one of a kind- genius and I think his career would have been insane had he lived until adulthood/oldage. He became a legend just based on 3? movies he made.

4 minutes ago, kellybsblover said:

true---- I'm just selfish and wanted more from such a talent.😉

I mean he was insanely talented and his on screen presence is... just wow I won't argue with you over that for a blink LOL

tumblr_nt1jywejZO1ud95dgo8_250.gifv

He was also very attractive.

tumblr_nszgtlhrfX1r745vdo1_540.gifv

tumblr_nszgtlhrfX1r745vdo2_540.gifv

tumblr_nszgtlhrfX1r745vdo3_540.gifv

Full package.

tumblr_ns3s236f4e1r745vdo1_540.gifv

tumblr_ns3s236f4e1r745vdo3_540.gifv

tumblr_ns3s236f4e1r745vdo4_540.gifv

5 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

This is what we are dealing with in Oklahoma right now. 

13A2F5A0-BF48-421D-96BE-0D7F91F3D54B.thumb.jpeg.1f58f1be8182d8221896298fd501b766.jpeg

I cannot being to express my dissapointment in this country and the fact that I am a librarian seeing books banned raises my blood level. I moved to the United States from Brazil in 1992 ( I was 9 years old) and I thought this was the greatest country in the world back then. I am so so dissapointed with this attempt to erase history and I am seriously concerned that we as  a society have not learned from history. Trump's presidency has trully highlighted how racist this country is. 

1 hour ago, kellybsblover said:

I cannot being to express my dissapointment in this country and the fact that I am a librarian seeing books banned raises my blood level. I moved to the United States from Brazil in 1992 ( I was 9 years old) and I thought this was the greatest country in the world back then. I am so so dissapointed with this attempt to erase history and I am seriously concerned that we as  a society have not learned from history. Trump's presidency has trully highlighted how racist this country is. 

Bolsonaro's presidency is doing the same here in Brazil, our country is not any better than USA in this subject unfortunatelly... his government is just exposing how much of our people is FULL of prejudice and hate, it kinda scares me and disappoints me soo much (hopefully the coming election change this). And I think not only this, but this Pandemic proved the human race is so so flawed in so many aspects, it's incredibly frustrating. 

sorry for the off topic

1 hour ago, BarbieErin said:

Bolsonaro's presidency is doing the same here in Brazil, our country is not any better than USA in this subject unfortunatelly... his government is just exposing how much of our people is FULL of prejudice and hate, it kinda scares me and disappoints me soo much (hopefully the coming election change this). And I think not only this, but this Pandemic proved the human race is so so flawed in so many aspects, it's incredibly frustrating. 

sorry for the off topic

Oh I agree he is trumps puppet.

HEY, HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE. It's TYPICALLY PAYDAY FOR MOST, I HOPE THAT FOR MOST , THEIR PAY CHECK LASTED LONGER THAN A TWINKLING OF AN EYE. I'm BECOMING SUSPICIOUS, Houdini DEFINITELY HAS ACCESS TO MY BANK ACCOUNT! 

11 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

This person shares her experience of seeing Leo on set of J. Edgar, and meeting Armie Hammer. 

622312AE-7CB6-49F1-9BA3-68D719B7D472.thumb.jpeg.51f3bef8b6bc58b1108cce35d8561a66.jpeg

25B82914-B398-4682-8900-15F2F1F63DFB.thumb.jpeg.1c82c0b11da1afb797dcfb1981662a8d.jpeg

Video is mostly about Armie, not Leo, but here is the link if you want to watch it.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRyFtvAW/?k=1

You know I kinda went through the same thing with Robin Thicke. I was really slow in questioning his ethics and etiquette, so when the allegations betwixt he and Emily Ratajkowski surfaced, I didn't leap over to the condemnatory section. But then, out of boredom, I began surfing the web and ran across this👇

https://www.kueez.com/en/people-who-forgot-to-check-the-background-of-their-photos/rec2456285156?ly=native_one

in which his photograph is way down in the selection of photographic mishaps. Witnessing his hand way up a young lady's skirt made me rethink things. Going back to his recent birthday party, I can surely detect the kinkiness and excess sensual preferences.  

Is this the United States 🇺🇸 First Four-Star African American General, Michael Langley? 

abb6540ffedb93d93eb1af46be72d198.thumb.jpg.5ff43c4131bbd179686c2835b24508dc.jpg

It doesn't really look 👀 like it, but I kinda hope it is because that's history 📜 in the making. Leonardo's interests seems endless.