Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Reminder tonight is NY DLU screening ; looking forward to some new pix /vids/ audience reactions  :thumbsup:

At same time there must have been a party for Marty's birthday last night , as his daughter Francesca posted some pix in her stories ,  Lilly G of KOTFM was there and presented Marty with a beautiful hat 

And since Lilly was there for the event, even though we see no pix , I'm sure Leo was as well :) 

thumbnail_IMG_1067.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1068.jpg

Akatosh

As to Leo older family and friends pix, they were posted by a long time comic book collector friend

2 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Reminder tonight is NY DLU screening ; looking forward to some new pix /vids/ audience reactions  :thumbsup:

At same time there must have been a party for Marty's birthday last night , as his daughter Francesca posted some pix in her stories ,  Lilly G of KOTFM was there and presented Marty with a beautiful hat 

And since Lilly was there for the event, even though we see no pix , I'm sure Leo was as well :) 

thumbnail_IMG_1067.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1068.jpg

Akatosh

As to Leo older family and friends pix, they were posted by a long time comic book collector friend

It's inexplicably heartwarming to see Martin in this hat:wub:

Thanks for pics and news ox. Hope to see some pics of Leo from Art Basel

2 hours ago, oxford25 said:

This tweet appears to confirm that Leo will be attending Art Basel this year in Miami  

BCB97BCD-7940-4867-8CBF-491957405F65.jpeg

No way! Take me with you Anitta! She's in Brazil right now, I hope she takes a pic with Leo, lucky bitch, haha.   :p  I will be watching her stories closely.  

New pix of Leo out dining with Guillermo del Torro; looking great  :) 

As we fans know long ago Leo was in discussions  to do Nightmare Alley with del Torro which he passed on and his pal Brad Cooper did 

So , even though we didn't get  DLU screening pix last night, how nice of Leo to provide these for us instead :p 

leonardo-dicaprio-dinner-with-guillermo-del-toro-03.jpg leonardo-dicaprio-dinner-with-guillermo-del-toro-04.jpg leonardo-dicaprio-dinner-with-guillermo-del-toro-14.jpg leonardo-dicaprio-dinner-with-guillermo-del-toro-17.jpg leonardo-dicaprio-dinner-with-guillermo-del-toro-18.jpg leonardo-dicaprio-dinner-with-guillermo-del-toro-02.jpg

Thanks for the award info, ox.

Some interesting comments of Christopher Nolan about Leo. 

In an interview, Nolan said: “The challenge is striking a balance between allowing the actor going to work on the project to feel in collusion, and like they’ll be genuine creative collaborators. When you go to an actor like Leonardo DiCaprio you have to be extremely respectful of his creative role in things. You have to embrace him as a fully-authorised collaborator.”

Adding, “It was very important to show him a complete script and talk to him over a number of days and fill him in on every aspect of what I was going to do with it. But a guy like Leo is happy to do that within the context of privacy, and he was very gracious about understanding that if he didn’t want to do the movie, he wasn’t going to go around town telling everybody about it.”

“Leo is, creatively, a very demanding actor,” Nolan revealed in a separate conversation. “When he looks at a script, he needs that character to adhere to the truths of the characterisation. The truth of the person that he’s playing. So we spent months and months meeting a couple times [in a] week for hours at a time, analysing the script and talking through how the emotional truth of the character is guiding the narrative, how those things are reconciled.”

According to Nolan, DiCaprio was very concerned about the final product and kept adding inputs to ensure that the idea for Inception and the coherence of his character were properly executed. Nolan said: “My job was to try and reconcile that input with the mechanism of the story and the way that the story has to flow. It’s incredibly invigorating, incredibly exciting to work with a creative collaborator who is so disciplined and so on it and so demanding of the finished product.”

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/christopher-nolan-opinions-leonardo-dicaprio/