Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Omg this sounds awesome. I'm so ready for this movie 😭:baronfaint::stormy::ddr:

Adam McKay's ‘Don’t Look Up' Being Slowly Unveiled to Critics

October 23, 2021 Jordan Ruimy

Adam McKay’s “Don’t Look Up” test-screened around a dozen times this year. That is unheard of. It’s not that Netflix had doubts about the film, a political satire about global warming, no, rather the reactions at these screenings were universally positive. Audiences will probably dig “Don’t Look Up,” but will critics?

McKay’s film has started screening for a select few these last few days.

Critics were mostly positive on “The Big Short,” but reviews were mixed for McKay’s rather excellent Dick Cheney smackdown “Vice.” That film seemed to have the bad omen of being released during the Trump years when Cheney’s evil-doing took a backseat and all of the attention was zeroed in on the mean-tweeting 45th President.

“Don’t Look Up” comes to us as the trailers and clips that have been released from Netflix were not very well-liked. It has been deemed McKay’s return to comedy. It’s the story of two low-level astronomers (played by Jennifer Lawrence and Leonardo DiCaprio) who must go on a giant media tour to warn mankind of an approaching asteroid that will destroy Earth. 

A poster on the AwardsWorthy forums posted this yesterday:

“This just screened to a group of critics here and... I wasn't ready for this but... They're raving it like crazy. Like, they're thinking this will get around 10 nods and win many of them. It has much more VFX than I expected. The original song is not an end-titles one but marks one of the funniest scenes, Streep can win her 4th, Original Screenplay win may be a lock, SAG Ensemble is in the bag, this is Leo's best ever, the film's insanely funny kinda raving I'm talking about. I don't know what to think right now.”

“Don’t Look Up” is set to premiere on Netflix December 10th, 2021.

Source

titanicloversz-1635312156512.thumb.jpg.cbf3e3d031bebfb8f7c8f20485aff710.jpg

I love this picture of the Titanic. Scorpio season and all. On the one hand beautiful, strong, and unsinkable but the other cold and in the darkness slowly destroying all the dreams that were for her. 

The grandest ship ever made at the bottom of the ocean. Resting for eternity remembered as the ship who sunk.

Pic taken from Titanicloversz. 

‘Titanic’ Remains Leonardo DiCaprio’s Best Role, 24 almost 25 Years On

8482732df0fd64f799de0e1247ee20b9186c7bba

Twenty-two years ago, one of my favorite movies of all time was released to the world. No, I’m not talking about Mouse Hunt. No one talks about Mouse Hunt anymore. I’, talking about Titanic.

Look, I know it’s fun to shit on this movie, but I have a love for it that is deep and eternal. Here’s the thing though—it was never just about Leo, for me, it was about the completely avoidable human tragedy that anyone who could do some basic math (people > lifeboats) would have seen coming. It’s a movie about love, yes, but also the inequities of class and gender, breaking free of how others define you, and also, a very solid disaster epic which is basically my favorite type of movie. Titanic is a great movie that holds up, but since a large part of its success was due to teenagers, it’s shit on. Which, you know, never happens, ever, so that’s a shock.

…then there is Leo. I remember Leo-mania very well, because as a tween/teen during its heyday, he was on the cover of basically every thing. Titanic was the grand crescendo which was already in top gear because only a year before, he had starred in the criminally great (and I would argue, definitive) version of Romeo and Juliet alongside Claire Danes. Yet, Titanic holds my heart, and I believe it to be his best role.

Leo built his career on the hearts of the teens and tweens who loved him. I have no doubt in my mind a large part of the success of Titanic was due to how many damn times people in my peer group saw the movie in theaters. Friends, I know I went at least three times during its original run, when I was 13. I also know my friend saw it at least five times. We were hardly an aberration in this. There’s just something about this movie that struck a chord with us. Maybe because it tapped into teenage Rose’s angst, and thus all of ours, with lines like “I feel I’m standing in the middle of a crowded room, screaming at the top of my lungs, and no one even looks up.” Leo, as Jack, was her ever faithful, love-at-first-sight boyfriend who saved her life, sexed her up but good, literally died for her, and the most magical thing he did? He f*cking listened to Rose when no one else in her life would. I mean, come on! At thirteen, you couldn’t top that (for me, at least.) Leo still can’t top that—and you will never convince me that wrestling a bear was his greatest cinematic feat.

Is the movie realistic in its portrayal of Jack and Rose’s romance-on-steroids, falling in love for a lifetime over approximately three days? Well, no, but why does it have to be?

Was there room on the flotsam for him? Technically yes, but he had to die because Rose had to go live her life without him so that they could be reunited at her death, at the site where they first met. Duh. (She deffo, deffo died at the end. It was not a dream, friends.)

For all these reasons, and because 13-year old Katy Hudson would be horrified if I didn’t declare it so, Titanic is Leonardo DiCaprio’s best role, and will forever remain so.

Source

vztc6Bw.gif

c0453b436d7b17ae575968eee5d94da01e48f090

1262bdd25f58fde5726a408f42021480df0d8f9d

2fc8e3d9ba1d7105ad3725335c6a77d755f4509a

541fabe04516b12792e4492b915232e54918ee06

#titanic at 25

Screenshot_20211030-110023_Instagram.thumb.jpg.5c1110d7aca99181d9ab47ffaa58bd18.jpgScreenshot_20211030-110043_Instagram.thumb.jpg.4d75c49addcf8da0bcbb0b02558c984e.jpgScreenshot_20211030-110056_Instagram.thumb.jpg.0378680c2cd8c92ce7f599448fe20f13.jpgScreenshot_20211030-110106_Instagram.thumb.jpg.82f84a56b4963211f3ada1f38695423f.jpgScreenshot_20211030-110115_Instagram.thumb.jpg.e92ca36fba2501e400f986c0b7632dc0.jpgScreenshot_20211030-110124_Instagram.thumb.jpg.d3aeaf1a75ba585504913e2b5dc2306d.jpg

In the last image of Leonardo, you can see the choppiness of the ocean and the real wind.

It’s hard to paint the picture of just how tough this scene became when a hurricane blew in…

Crucially, we all had to consider whether we’d continue shooting. I distinctly remember wearing sand goggles, and how brave and strong the cast were to go out and shoot this scene.

Ultimately, we really only got one master shot here that allowed us to build the rest of the scene when we picked it up later on at our re-shoots in San Francisco.

If you look in the movie, it’s an uncut master shot where Romeo, lamenting the death of Mercutio, runs and gets in the car to seek revenge upon Tybalt.

#RJat25 #RomeoAndJuliet

Source

Love this shot of Mercutio.

Screenshot_20211030-110033_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a0f6d81c4419e7f1261ba59e3199fe75.jpg

Trivia: Did you know Christian Bale was interested to play the role of Mercutio?

tumblr_pm5npuB5ir1rjc76w_1280.jpg

It's not like he couldn't handle the whole unbuttoned shirt thing lol

Love all of those little BTS :heart: #thx again Mr Luhrman

1886085932_Screenshot2021-10-27at12-10-32BazLuhrmann(bazluhrmann)aufInstagram487FotosundVideos.thumb.png.93b3577565067a93ee1246ee857e7f21.png

Romantic scenes are very hard to shoot… they’re very sensitive.

We were so blessed to have Claire Danes, who was not only beyond her years in terms of her acting ability, but also extremely intelligent and evolved as a young woman.

Leo, who I’ve worked with several times, is also truly caring and makes everyone feel comfortable on set, particularly his partner.

Two truly great talents bringing this love story to life…

#RJat25 #RomeoAndJuliet

DLU Update - new still of President Streep ;) Some fans thinks that means her performance is strong enough to campaign like uhm always

via Empire:

As McKay tells Empire in the Spider-Man: No Way Home issue, Streep’s character is “an amalgam of all the ridiculous, ineffective Presidents that the United States has had over the past 40, 50 years.” And she’s far from the only big name in an astonishingly star-studded cast – one that features leads in Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence (an astronomer duo warning of an approaching comet), plus Jonah Hill, Mark Rylance, Tyler Perry, Timothée Chalamet, Cate Blanchett, Himesh Patel, and appearances from Ariana Grande and Scott ‘Kid Cudi’ Mescudi.

It’s a stacked line-up that even McKay can’t believe. “Of course, it’s great to get tremendous actors in your movie, but I never expected it to be this many, and to this degree,” he says. “Initially I had a couple of people in mine – ‘Well, if we could get them, that would be great’ – and it just kind of kept snowballing.”

dont-look-up-excl.jpg

Source

Happy Halloween 🎃 

https://newsnationnow.com/us-news/the-filmmakers-behind-hocus-pocus-had-very-different-actors-in-mind-for-the-lead-roles/

So it was Hocus Pocus that was the movie they offered a lot of money but Leo turned it down. He never said which movie it was. 

I can't find any fun pictures of Leo during this spooky time. He is not that imaginative with his choice of costumes. I just think he could start dressing like the characters he has been playing. He has done a lot of movies so he wouldn't have to think about it for a long time. 🧙‍♀️

cYW1S9qZBlRBK.thumb.gif.3acc6f7d5e350a661470a281d3004a8d.gif

Happy Halloween 🎃 

https://newsnationnow.com/us-news/the-filmmakers-behind-hocus-pocus-had-very-different-actors-in-mind-for-the-lead-roles/

So it was Hocus Pocus that was the movie they offered a lot of money but Leo turned it down. He never said which movie it was. 

I can't find any fun pictures of Leo during this spooky time. He is not that imaginative with his choice of costumes. I just think he could start dressing like the characters he has been playing. He has done a lot of movies so he wouldn't have to think about it for a long time. 🧙‍♀️

cYW1S9qZBlRBK.thumb.gif.3acc6f7d5e350a661470a281d3004a8d.gif

Do you know the amount of money that they wanted to pay for that role?

Maybe he was like who I am to pay all of this for me? 😂 

https://m.facebook.com/mtvnews/videos/mtv-news-interviews-leonardo-dicaprio-on-the-1994-oscars-red-carpet/142179016830450/

Do you know the amount of money that they wanted to pay for that role?

Maybe he was like who I am to pay all of this for me? 😂 

https://m.facebook.com/mtvnews/videos/mtv-news-interviews-leonardo-dicaprio-on-the-1994-oscars-red-carpet/142179016830450/

He doesn't say 🙃 I have always wondered what "a lot of money is to him" 😂 We are not vibing on the same scale there, him and me. All is relative as they say. ❤

t9xC86uywfQ1G.gif.56fd6da039a65b168bc85462e3e48be5.gif

So hard to see Leo even entertain being in a movie like this. I loved it as a child. 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/hocus-pocus-leonardo-dicaprio-offered-more-money-than-ever-dreamed-of-disney-halloween-movie.html/

What was he? Twenty-something and offered more money than he could dream of at the moment. What would you dream of as a twenty-something? 

FLnaCGORsdYMU.thumb.gif.2f292491a1541f0491bbe79db6ac7e50.gif

All the respect for turning it down to go with his heart and not his pocket. This movie cracks me up. 😂 

A little round up from what we missed Leo related when the forum was down ;)

Here we go!!!

New pic of "what a hero ❤️" Leo from Glasgow :p

Screenshot_20211102-122759_Instagram.thumb.jpg.46d2273e5fad57d61c761d1cabf6cdbb.jpg

Source

DLU udpate.

795b066c-c415-4484-81ba-13b9a7bca91d-Don

Source

via Deuxmoi cheers Leo 🍸🍾

Screenshot_20211031-191842_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a7df4863cc881d0bffda9ed6ce411841.jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio dressed as a 100-year-old man for Halloween 🎃

leo-comp.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1033

Leonardo DiCaprio dressed up as a 100-year-old man for Halloween — and no one recognized him at a star-studded Beverly Hills, Calif., bash, we hear.

A source told us that at billionaire Nicolas Berggruen’s Halloween bash at the former Hearst estate, which he bought last month for over $63 million, the Oscar winner attended incognito with his girlfriend, Camila Morrone.

Said a spy: “Leo went as a 100-year-old man in professional makeup so no one recognized him.” (Some saw the white wig and mistook the star for Andy Warhol.)

Sources said that guests also included rapper Drake, rocker Beck, tech investor twins Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, model Alessandra Ambrosio, and international art gallerist Isabelle Bscher, among others.

DiCaprio, 46, was formerly known as an incognito party fixture at George Clooney, Rande Gerber and Mike Meldman’s annual Casamigos Halloween bash. In 2016, he and buddy Tobey Maguire showed up to the party with their faces fully obscured by wolf masks.

leo-1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1033

DiCaprio, of course, starred in “The Wolf of Wall Street” in 2013.

The movie star and activist subsequently headed from Los Angeles to the Scottish environmental summit, COP26, over the weekend.

But unlike many of the other bigwigs who arrived at the conference via private jet, we hear that DiCaprio flew commercial. He was spotted connecting flights in London.

Attendees at the environmental conference also included Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Prince Albert of Monaco and others.

Meanwhile, at Berggruen’s Halloween party, Drake seemed to skip a costume altogether and go as himself, we hear. Perhaps he was costumed out after hosting a dress up 35th birthday party last week for himself with a “Narcos” theme.

A rep for DiCaprio did not comment.

Source

#RJat25 spam train #not sorry

What a fuck!ng intense scene. :baronfaint:

Screenshot_20211102-121322_Instagram.thumb.jpg.27e8d5cd15e01339b2c342b2261e4223.jpgScreenshot_20211102-121330_Instagram.thumb.jpg.257f3f967bf99e3660aa6b96e5526a2a.jpgScreenshot_20211102-121339_Instagram.thumb.jpg.166f1072571e60fba83ec67c5e72b6ec.jpgScreenshot_20211102-121351_Instagram.thumb.jpg.29d86c3451b9208217be765872817e00.jpgScreenshot_20211102-121400_Instagram.thumb.jpg.3019897b02052837a9d5958f97a52e9a.jpgScreenshot_20211102-121409_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a5c6d2b1076af88dd6c37c505f9c022b.jpgScreenshot_20211102-121418_Instagram.thumb.jpg.862d846fb284e87e30286173935e14a4.jpgScreenshot_20211102-121427_Instagram.thumb.jpg.f05035850fb957d655e8d4eb0fc1b681.jpgScreenshot_20211102-121436_Instagram.thumb.jpg.d26aed8b800914a4c64e39f941564701.jpg

One remarkable thing about this scene was that we had locked down a very famous roundabout in the middle of Mexico City for the stunt team to get this car stunt filmed. They guaranteed they would be able to get the car wreckage to hit a certain mark and indeed, they fulfilled their promise perfectly before we had to reset to stage the rest of the sequence.

Once we had the wide shots in the can in the very small amount of time that we could hold the location, we are able to shoot the true emotional moments on another day in the studio.

It points out Leonardo’s incredible ability to re-find the moment, that his close up staring up into the rain actually happened several days later inside a sound stage…🎬

#RJat25

Source

Why is Leonardo DiCaprio at COP26 in Glasgow?

5672167.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

Leonardo DiCaprio is in Glasgow for COP26 - but did you know he was a climate activist? 

The climate conference has seen some of the world's most influential people descend on Scotland's biggest city - including the Titanic actor. 

DiCaprio has been involved in climate and environmental activism for over 20-years, spanning most of his career.

Here's what you need to know about why he is at Glasgow's COP26...

Why is Leonardo DiCaprio at COP26 in Glasgow?

Leonardo DiCaprio is somewhat of a climate change activist, having been on outspoken environmental issues throughout much of his long career. 

In fact, he has been discussing environmental issues before it has even reached the main public domain - he started The Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation in 1998. 

His foundation gives money and grants to conservation projects, with the mission of protecting the Earth’s last wild places and creating solutions to build a better and more sustainable relationship between humanity and the natural world.

As well as his own foundation, the award winning actor serves on the board of various climate and environmental groups, including the World Wildlife Fund, the Natural Resources Defense Council, International Fund for Animal Welfare, Pristine Seas and Oceans 5.

He has also featured in various media campagns and adverts to spread the word and raise awareness of environmental issues, while his Twitter bio describes him as an "actor and environmentalist". 

What is Leonardo DiCaprio doing at COP26?

Ahead of the climate conference in Glasgow, Leonardo DiCaprio tweeted: "The climate crisis is here. #COP26 must be a turning point to protect people and the planet. Leaders, the world is watching and urging you to rise to this moment. There’s no time to lose. #ActNow." 

So far, he has been spotted in Maryhill at an event at The Engine Works.

He has also urged leaders "to take crucial climate action" at COP26, in order to "save humanity". 

In a tweet on Monday evening, the actor said: "I join @antonioguterres in urging leaders at #COP26 to take crucial #ClimateAction, safeguard our future, and save humanity. Now is the time for ambition, solidarity, and action. @UN"

Source