Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

For the first time ever, Quentin Tarantino is planning to dramatize true events in a movie, as sources tell the Tracking Board that his next picture will tackle Charles Manson and the murder of actress Sharon Tate.

Tarantino is courting A-list talent for the ensemble cast, including his Inglourious Basterds star Brad Pitt for the role of the detective investigating the crime, and both Margot Robbie and Jennifer Lawrence for the role of Tate. Samuel L. Jackson, the director’s lucky charm, is also expected to play a part in the period film. The director is also said to be eager to re-team with his Django Unchained star Leonardo DiCaprio, though it’s unclear whether he’s being eyed to play the detective role or Manson himself.

http://www.tracking-board.com/quentin-tarantino-courting-brad-pitt-to-star-in-charles-manson-movie/

Wait, that could be mean Leo and Brad Pitt in one movie???:oh_no:

Bit more infos ;)

Tarantino rallying Pitt, Robbie, JLaw, DiCaprio for flick on Charles Manson: reports

Quentin Tarantino – a name many people are familiar with in regard to neo-noir films, fascinating soundtracks, and a leaning towards blood and gore – has started working on his ninth and next big project, reports on the Internet suggest.

The upcoming film, which is still in the process of being laid out, will reportedly be centred around the infamous Tate murders by the Manson family that left actress Sharon Tate – pregnant at the time – and three friends dead, Hollywood Reporter said in an update.

The publication says Tarantino has already reached the final stages of penning down a script. On the other hand, sources revealed that A-list celebrities, including Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Jennifer Lawrence, have been approached for leading roles.

Apparently, the director also recently met DiCaprio over dinner.

While Pitt and Lawrence have been contacted for the roles of an investigative officer and Tate, respectively, the latter seems to have shown little interest in the movie.

However, Robbie is a stronger candidate, Tracking Board Editor-in-chief Jeff Sneider told me over Twitter. This seems to build on the rumours that Lawrence has refused the offer.

149042_6316744_updates.jpg

Screenshot of Jeff Sneider's tweet.

Nevertheless, it still remains to be seen as to whether the ‘Harley Quinn’ can squeeze three movies in her schedule, considering Suicide Squad’s sequel is being shot at the moment and Gotham City Sirens is also in the process. Sneider explained that Robbie is quite likely to sign on to portray Shanon Tate, “but not if the shoot conflicts with Suicide Squad 2”.

While it is likely to leave Robbie’s fans confused if she chooses either project over the other, I don’t believe shooting for Suicide Squad 2 will be delayed – especially because it has proved its mettle in the box office – which, therefore, means that she may have to skip the Manson flick.

Two stars who Tarantino has favourable leanings towards – Samuel L. Jackson and DiCaprio – are also rumoured to be taken on board, although it is yet to be determined what roles they could be offered.

Reports also claim that the shooting for the latest Tarantino project will commence sometime mid-2018. Of all his movies, this one will be the director’s first based on real-life events.

With critics and fans already calling it a mixture of “chocolate & onions” and “all sorts of exciting”, this movie will keep us on the edges of our seats till we finally get to see it!

Source

Ahh... I want to see Leo working with Margot again, hope she can do it. Well, we still need to know if Leo will really be part of it. I wonder if Leo is confirmed on this project if he would play Manson? :blink: Because in Devil he will play a murderer too...

I liked more that idea of Bonny & Clyde from Austrália, haha. :p But of course at this point any new project with Leo will be great. 

Thanks ox, calibi and jade for the updates. 

Leonardo DiCaprio, Martin Scorsese Teaming Up Again for New Movie 

Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio are developing a film adaptation of true-crime thriller “Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI” as the director’s next project after “The Irishman.”

Scorsese and DiCaprio have been eyeing the project for months, and are developing it together with Imperative Entertainment.

John Atwood, Imperative’s chief financial officer, said in an e-mail that “we are currently conducting preliminary research on the film, but there are no formal attachments nor confirmed start date at this time.”

Full: http://variety.com/2017/film/news/martin-scorsese-development-killers-of-the-flower-moon-dante-ferretti-1202495680/

Wonder if Leo will be able to do 2 movies next year? The one from Tarantino and the one from Scorsese? If so, will be a busy year. I think Killers of the Flower Moon seems more likely that will really happen, I have doubts about the Tarantino project...  

Thanks calibi and bnkenobi for the News. 

I'm hope this Collider article regarding when the filming of Flower Moon may begin is accurate :thumbsup: 

However, speaking with Variety, Scorsese’s production designer Dante Ferretti says the filmmaker hopes to be shooting Flower Moon in the spring of next year, adding that he’s going to Oklahoma to do preliminary location scouting. Ferretti says he’s going to start prepping the film in September because “Scorsese will shoot it immediately after finishing The Irishman.”

http://collider.com/martin-scorsese-killers-of-the-flower-moon-movie-filming/#images

Bnkenobi

Tks for Variety article regarding Flower Moon :smile: 

Barbie

As to Tarantino /Leo ,  the only way I could see Leo being able to do two films in the coming months would be if his Manson movie part was a limited

one such as with Django. 

For as you recall he did Django in the spring of 2012 and then started filming Wolf in August of 2012

Or , who knows, it could be that  the reason today they are confirming that the Flowers Moon film project is still on schedule to happen next year is  in response to the rumors circulating this week that Leo's next film project might be a Tarantino film. 

That this news is their way of telling us that in response to fans' questions as to what will be Leo's definite next film project = it is Killers of the Flower Moon which will start filming at some point in 2018 :smile: 

Seems like Leo is out walking around NY today , hope we get some pix :smile: 

bryan @bryanerik 41m41 minutes ago

•  

Big day today guys. I saw Judah Friedlander by the Home Depot and then an hour later I saw Leonardo DiCaprio walking with some bros #naptime

E.   @estefanyx_ 28m28 minutes ago

When I didn't notice @LeoDiCaprio till he was leaving my job but we made eye contact for a good 5 seconds so I'm content ?