Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Fash

Tks for news of San Fran Leo/critic nod  :biggrin:

As to pix of Leo , I just went back to see if I could find where the poster claimed it was taken, but , sorry, I can't find it again

MzLinz

Tks for news of Leo/Detroit critic nod :D

Kat

Tks for new Revenant tv spot , as well as,  Leo's Paris speech :D

Jade

Tks fo  news of Leo/San Diego critic nod . as wel as, LA Times article :D

Definitely agree that Revenant still you posted is heartbreaking , so  much emotion captured in Leo's look

Thanks Oxford. I remember that pic, but I was perplexed because both his mom and Dave are beside him so I figured it couldn't be from an award show because it's usually just his dad or mom beside him if memory serves me right. And then for both of his Ibiza events he had the beard, so couldn't figure it out :p 

10 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Next nomination for Leo, omg!!! I'm so excited right now :excited:

2015 San Diego Film Critics Award Nominations

Best Actor, Male
Leonardo DiCaprio, THE REVENANT
Jason Segel, THE END OF THE TOUR
Matt Damon, THE MARTIAN
Bryan Cranston, TRUMBO
Jacob Tremblay, ROOM

"The Revenant" is also nominated for Best Director, Best Editing and Best Cinematography  ;)

Full list

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing! Does it say when the winners will be announced?

Fash  Thanks for sharing the San Francisco critics nominees. Why the heck is Paul Dano nominated in both supporting and lead? That seems unfair. Does it say when those winners will be announced?

Mz_Linz looking now I don't see the nominations listed on their San Francisco critics site. Which I guess would be this..... http://sffcc.org unless they only post it once the winners are announced or something

I just saw multiple people who follow awards season closely post that list on IMDB. Guess we'll see. And if Paul Dano is truly nominated in both fields that would be ridiculous. Just like The Martian being put in Comedy at the Globes, how The Tourist and it's actors Depp and Jolie were nominated at GG and how Christoph was put in to supporting instead of lead. 

just saw breaking news on Tv of Obama speaking of a "landmark climate deal" involving 200 nations. A deal that was reached in Paris. Sure Leo must be thrilled with this :heart: It benefits us all, but Leo is extra passionate about this and works hard at this so I'm extra happy for him.

Just now, FashionDream said:

I've never even seen a commercial yet on TV for this film. I've seen Spotlight, Joy, Star Wars, The Big Short, Concussion on TV but not The Revenant yet

And I will probably see just in february on tv, IF the commercial show up here in Brazil, lol. 

13 hours ago, mz_linz said:

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing! Does it say when the winners will be announced?

San Diego Film Critics Society Awards will be announced tomorrow, December 14th ;)

Next nomination for Leo:

Phoenix Critics Circle Awards 2015

BEST ACTOR
Michael Caine, Youth
Bryan Cranston, Trumbo
Matt Damon, The Martian
Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant
Michael Fassbender, Steve Jobs

Tom Hardy is also nominated as Best Supporting Actor and Alejandro Inarritu for Best Director. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, December 16th :)

Full list

Looking at background , I guess , this pix was taken at recent Miami Art Basel event

leo3.jpg

Barbie

Tks for another Revenant tv commercial ; I've seen the commercials  several times :D

Jade

Tks for news of  another Leo /critic group nomination :biggrin:

Love the new video, tks :excited:

9 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

San Diego Film Critics Society Awards will be announced tomorrow, December 14th ;)

Next nomination for Leo:

Phoenix Critics Circle Awards 2015

BEST ACTOR
Michael Caine, Youth
Bryan Cranston, Trumbo
Matt Damon, The Martian
Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant
Michael Fassbender, Steve Jobs

Tom Hardy is also nominated as Best Supporting Actor and Alejandro Inarritu for Best Director. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, December 16th :)

Full list

Thanks!! Detroit announces theirs tomorrow too! Big day as it is also the announcement of the Critics Choice nominations. So excited that he got one for Phoenix as well!! I hope this is finally the year for him.

16 hours ago, BarbieErin said:

Another Revenant commercial: Don't give up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRX1e6b0nVE

My dad saw this one literally said and I quote: "This better be Leo's year to win the gold." He's a very smart man, my Dad!

Not sure if this tweet is legit or not  since Leo has his Revenant/LA premiere in LA on Wednesday this week, but I just saw it on Twitter

Bree K @breewk 1h1 hour ago

When you pass @LeoDiCaprio on the streets of NYC and fall completely speechless #myheartwillnotgoon 

Magali

Tks for more information about the pix I posted earlier :D

The person who posted it didn't post any information about it , so it was hard to tell when it took place considering Leo often wears the same hats/clothes again & again plus the fact that his look now is similar to the look he has had in past .

I wasn't a big fan of the huge beard he had to have for Revenant , but , at least, it alerted us to whether the pix were new ones or not :biggrin:

MzLinz

See you are reading the book , I've read it , and one good thing about it is that it gives a lot of information about Glass' life before the bear mauling.

He truly was a man of nine lives :D