Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

More tweets

Jeff Sneider ‏@TheInSneider · 28m28 minutes ago

THE REVENANT: Oh. My. God

IMDb ‏@IMDb · 43s43 seconds ago

Fox's #CinemaCon footage from The Revenant and The Martin blew minds. The Revenant especially. Incredible landscapes and cinematography.

Hunter Lurie ‏@hunterlurie · 2m2 minutes ago

@EDouglasWW The Revenant: I'm boldly predicting that Lubezki will win his third Oscar in a row, and DiCaprio will win his firs

Alex Billington ‏@firstshowing · 2m2 minutes ago

@hunterlurie @EDouglasWW I second this, especially after seeing the footage.

Regal Cinemas ‏@RegalMovies · 3m3 minutes ago

Saw some exclusive footage from THE REVENANT & THE MARTIAN both out later this year. Get excited, they look incredible. #cinemacon2015

Edward Douglas ‏@EDouglasWW · 6m6 minutes ago

Footage from Inarritu's The Revenant and Ridley Scott's The Martian both look amazing. Should be two of the highlights of the Fall

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty · 11m11 minutes ago

Best of the panel was THE REVENANT and THE MARTIAN. Both looked awesome and impressive for different reasons. Fox is going to have huge year

Alex Billington ‏@firstshowing · 13m13 minutes ago

Fox's presentation at #CinemaCon was excellent. Lots of great films I'm even more excited for now after the footage. And The Revenant OMFG

From The Wrap

When the lights finally came up though, it was Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu’s “The Revenant,” which stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy, that left the strongest impression. Shot with only natural light by Emmanuel Lubezki, the period picture looked absolutely gorgeous, not to mention incredibly violent and intense.

Eric Vespe ‏@EricVespe · 3m3 minutes ago

Favorite footage from the Fox presentation was from Inarritu's The Revenant. Mountain Man DiCaprio fighting for his life in the wilderness.

Had to laugh at this tweet, as us Leo fans have always known that Leo can convey so much with just his eyes (Y)

DenizcanS. ‏@MrFilmkritik · 4m4 minutes ago

Leo showing another side, more range without much dialogue. I think this is Leo's most challenging role so far. #TheRevenant

Variety's report on today's Revenant footage

@Variety_DMcNary

“The Revenant,” Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu’s first film since “Birdman,” received a warm reaction Thursday as Fox unveiled the first footage at CinemaCon.

A scraggly Leonardo DiCaprio, who stars as a fur trapper in the 1820s, dominated the footage — which included several battle scenes set along side a river. Fox said Inarritu is shooting in the Canadian wilderness, using only natural light.

In his intro, Fox chief Jim Gianopulos — who hosted the hour-long event with new studio co-chair Stacey Snider — noted that the studio has won back-to-back Best Picture Oscars with “12 Years a Slave” and “Birdman.”

Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures, New Regency and Brett Ratner’s Ratpac Entertainment are financing the survival drama. Twentieth Century Fox plans to open the film in limited release on Christmas Day next year before a wide release on Jan. 8, 2016.

The footage also included glimpses of co-stars Tom Hardy and Will Poulter. Gonzalez Inarritu and Mark Smith wrote the screenplay based on the Michael Punke novel “The Revenant: A Novel of Revenge” published in 2003. The story, set in 1823, centers on a fur trapper who’s mauled by a grizzly bear and robbed by the two men enlisted to stay with him.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/leonardo-dicaprio-revenant-cinemacon-1201478399/

Some more information as to what the scene they show involved

We saw some action footage, with DiCaprio battling what appeared to be Indians. There’s fierce fighting, hand-to-hand and pistol, and the camera is right in there in the action, actually seeming to duck at one point when DiCaprio swings his arm. It’s thrilling stuff, made all the more immediate by the fact that it all looks so real

There was no dialogue, and very little by way of sound effects. The whole presentation was visually oriented, and when your visuals are this good, why not?

http://badassdigest.com/2015/04/23/cinemacon-the-revenant-is-going-to-win-lubezki-another-oscar/

Tweets from today's showing of Revenant footage at Comic Con ; would have loved to been in that room !!!

Twitter reactions:

Alex Billington ‏@firstshowing

The Revenant > ALL ELSE! *beep*!!!!! #CinemaCon

Dave McNary ‏@Variety_DMcNary

Fox shows Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's early footage with scraggly Leonardo DiCaprio #CinemaCon

Peter Sciretta ‏@slashfilm

The Revenant looks dark, muddy and beautifully shot with only natural light. Complexly orchestrated shots. Looks very promising #CinemaCon

Adam B. Vary ‏@adambvary

Just got a first look of THE REVENANT, with Leonardo DiCaprio. Brutal, epic, almost Malick-ian. #CinemaCon

gregoryellwood @HitFixGregory

Amazing shot of DiCaprio on horseback with camera almost on his shoulder. #TheRevenant #CinemaCon

I'am soo happy reading this tweets.    :clap:  :ddr:  :dance:  thanks ox.

From Hollywood Elsewhere , just what the movie media will love : Arnie versus Gilbert at the Oscars :p

Boxoffice.com‘s Phil Contrino sent the following message an hour ago: “Based on the footage we saw here for Scott Cooper‘s Black Mass and Alejandro G. Inarritu‘s The Revenant, I’ll be very surprised if we don’t see an intense Best Actor race between Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio…very impressive stuff.”

A half-hour later I heard from Thomas Schultze, Munich-based critic and correspondent for the German trade magazine Blickpunkt, and he shared the following: “The Revenant footage is breathtaking. It ran between 60 to 90 seconds. A montage of stuff with no dialogue. The whole thing is being shot with natural light…no artificial light of any kind…and my thoughts were that Lubezski is going to be in the running for his third Academy Award, and that the Academy is going to think they’ve given Inarritu the Oscar for the wrong movie.

“It’s a survival in the wilderness film, as you know, and DiCaprio has the Jeremiah Johnson look down pat, like he hasn’t shaved or showered in six months…there’s a scene in which the trappers are being attacked by Indians…total chaos, people are dying, they have to escape on some kind of raft. The only movie I could compare it to off the top of my head would be The Last of the Mohicans. Totally authentic and real, and yet with a poetic quality.”

Thank you all SO MUCH for the updates! These last couple weeks of school have been kicking my butt :ninja:

I am just excited beyond belief for the Revenant reviews :clap: Heres a tweet from a guy there whos been posting what he has heard for official release dates for the movies shown:

Jeff Sneider @TheInSneider · 5h 5 hours ago
THE REVENANT: Oh. My. God.

Jeff Sneider @TheInSneider · 3h 3 hours ago
Didn't realize THE REVENANT appears to be getting a limited release on Xmas Day before going wide on January 8, 2016. Can't wait to see it!

Thank you for the tweet and video ...i guess at least there is a reason for the beard and that he hasnt just grown attached to it lol..3 months over already , wow! Id say the end result will be worth it though and visually stunning. Can't wait for some footage ☺

^Your welcome! :flower: 

Tom Hardy confirms at around 2:20 that they're not done shooting. It explains why Tom and Leo still have their beards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkjH7hbWwHQ

NOOO dang :/ Well other actors like Will have already wrapped their parts of the movie, and alot of the crew said they were finished maybe they only have a little bit left. Thanks for the video!