Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Great review Oxford! :flower:

I really liked this line below though I dont agree when the person says Leo never sold him on being an a list talent... :blah:

Especially Leo who has been good but never really sold me on being an a list talent, definitely an A List star but not the chops. This movie, and his character is legendary. He chews every centimeter in every scene he is in. When he erupts towards the end of the movie it is so powerful people in the theatre litteraly gasped.

UGH I WANT ALL THE MOVIES.

I look forward to this Leo sex scene. :rofl: i mean, when's the last time he had a good sex scene in a movie? The Departed? LIKE ALMOST 6 YEARS AGO. JFC, LEO.

Also failure to that dude who said that he's never seen Leo be an A quality actor. Son....I mean...I can understand not seeing What's Eating Gilbert Grape since that's an older movie. But the Aviator and the Departed? I mean, I'm sorry. I like Matt Damon but it was basically like he wasn't even in the movie - it was just all Leo. But I could be bias since I am a Leo stan. BUT LET'S BE REAL. HE SLAYED EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER IN THE AVIATOR AND EVERYTHING HE'S EVER DONE.

UGH I WANT ALL THE MOVIES.

I look forward to this Leo sex scene. :rofl: i mean, when's the last time he had a good sex scene in a movie? The Departed? LIKE ALMOST 6 YEARS AGO. JFC, LEO.

Also failure to that dude who said that he's never seen Leo be an A quality actor. Son....I mean...I can understand not seeing What's Eating Gilbert Grape since that's an older movie. But the Aviator and the Departed? I mean, I'm sorry. I like Matt Damon but it was basically like he wasn't even in the movie - it was just all Leo. But I could be bias since I am a Leo stan. BUT LET'S BE REAL. HE SLAYED EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER IN THE AVIATOR AND EVERYTHING HE'S EVER DONE.

Comments from an extra on set of Wolf of Wall Street.

He seems loose and in the moment , but I don't see any characterization ... Seems like a cool dude though. He's const smoking electro cigs

Dicaprio did a scene with a chick I met where he blew coke into her asshole lol

Because all the ppl that work for his firm have to be the same . Next week were gonna be in an office with 500 ppl!! It's gonna be hell

I'm in a lot of shots in close up so u may see me... I tried to sneak some DeNiro impressions in mine lol .

We had strippers, a marching band, gymnasts, a chimp, snakes, frogs in the office..tonight finished with a club scene. Leo looked high as fu

Leo got everybody buying electronic cigarettes lol

No lines yet just improv. Scorsese doesn't really be on set he mostly watches from a monitor in another room

AD , 2nd AD, Additional AD, additional additional AD... By the time Scorsese looks at the shots they only need little adjustment

Most of the principal cast who play brokers at Leo's firm

Jonah, PJ Byrne.. A few others... Like 8 total

Exclusive: Jason Clarke On Baz Luhrmann's "Extraordinary" 3D 'The Great Gatsby': "You've Never Seen Anything Like It"

Earlier today we sat down with Jason Clarke, the Australian actor who plays a tough-as-nails CIA interrogator in Kathryn Bigelow's blindingly brilliant "Zero Dark Thirty." Clarke also stars in Baz Lurhmann's ambitious 3D version of "The Great Gatsby," which was originally slated to hit theaters this month but was pushed back to next summer, amidst a flurry of wild speculation. We had to ask him how the film is coming and if there was any truth to the rumors of the film being in post-production trouble.

Clarke recently finished up some ADR work on the movie, and he was nothing short of thrilled from what he's seen. "It's extraordinary. It's completely different to ['Zero Dark Thirty']. Baz is a complete filmmaker. It's in 3D and I have never seen anything like this in 3D," Clarke enthused. Later in the interview he broke down just how insane it's going to be in three dimensions. "Fuck, you remember the detail in 'Moulin Rouge!'? " he inquired, as a reference point. "It's not just like boom, boom, boom - the lampshades, everything is coming out."

Wait, the lampshades? What in the world is Baz up to? Apparently he's translated his fussy perfectionism to 3D, in a big way. "The furniture and everything is built for 3D. That's the level he's coming at you with," Clarke said. "The tables are longer at an angle for 3D. The dresses are designed so they'll come out. Not only is she [Catherine Martin, Luhrmann's production designer and wife] detailed in making them but also she's detailed in making them in 3D. You'll see." Clarke then pantomimed a camera angle as it cruises into a room, saying, "There'll be a fan there so as you come in, everything is in 3D. It just needed some scratch and sniff. That's why I say it'll be amazing and there's never been anything like it."

Okay, but should we be worried about the reports of reshoots and the possibility that Baz had to raise funds himself to complete them? "No," Clarke said definitively. "I mean, you expect that with Baz, particularly if the film is good."

"There's a lot of CGI man!" Clarke continued. "Baz was explaining this zoo sequence and it's like, 'Baz, there are no animals, we didn't shoot with the zoos.' And he's going, 'Yeah, we're going to put them in with CGI.' It's like, 'Oh my god.' " About the soundtrack, which has also been the subject of much speculation, Clarke said, "He's got Jay-Z and Prince"

But worry not about the process, everyone. Clarke summed it up thusly: "Baz will take as long as he wants because he loves making movies." There you go. You'll get more from our interview with Clarke in anticipation of "Zero Dark Thirty" 's December 19th limited release (it's out in January everywhere) and Luhrmann's "The Great Gatsby" hits on May 10, 2013.

More Django reactions:

Jack Giroux ‏@JackGi

Django Unchained should make Spike Lee's head explode.

Jack Giroux ‏@JackGi

I've never liked Leonardo DiCaprio's work as much as I did in Django Unchained. Never thought he was capable of having fun.

Brad Tabke ‏@bradtabke

RT @minimejer05: Django's better than good. It's amazing. Truly a work of art. Really struggling to find one thing I didn't love about it.

Filmspotting ‏@filmspotting

I'll say this: Those of you out there not yet on the DiCaprio bandwagon, welcome, we've been expecting you. #DjangoUnchained

Daniel Gay ‏@danieljgay

Django Unchained was fantastic. Jamie Foxx, Leo DiCaprio, and Christoph Waltz are all so great!

Alex Carlson ‏@filmmisery

DiCaprio steals the show, which is no easy task with Foxx and Waltz also at the top of their games. #DjangoUnchained

Alex Carlson ‏@filmmisery

'Django Unchained' was quite fun, but not as profound as 'Basterds.' QT fans will not be disappointed, though.

Todd Gilchrist ‏@mtgilchrist

@AwardsDaily I'm an insane fan, admittedly. But DiCaprio is phenomenal, I can say w/o QT bias.

ByPrincess

Tks for news about sex scene ; our 2013 Christmas present :p

Pami

Love your new siggi :drool:

As usual your gifs are hilarious

Calibi

Tks for comments from Wolf extra , more Django tweets, and Gatsby comments :)

Some more Django screening tweets

John McCracken@MisterMcCracken

Still… performances are great (DiCaprio is RIDICULOUS) and the film walks an incredibly tricky line brilliantly for most of it.

54mJohn McCracken@MisterMcCracken

DJANGO UNCHAINED is audacious, darkly funny and sometimes genuinely affecting… until QT almost derails it w/ the sheer length of the thing.

Alex Carlson@filmmisery

@AwardsDaily Legit reaction: DiCaprio is great. He pops up in the second act and steals it from Foxx and Waltz (who are also in top form).

Alex Carlson@filmmisery

DiCaprio steals the show, which is no easy task with Foxx and Waltz also at the top of their games. #DjangoUnchained

Joseph Braverman@JBAwardsCircuit

@filmmisery Good for a nom?

Aex Carlson@filmmisery

@JBAwardsCircuit DiCaprio should for sure get a nom. Good chance of winning, too, I'd say. For Best Pic, I'm not so sure