Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Seems like Leo is in Vegas with Tobey

Cesar Macias@MaciasCes

So just saw Leonardo Dicarpio, Tobey Maguire, and Mike from the Jersey Shore at my work!

Nick Salvatera @nicksalvatera

So random, Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire are at my work right now.

pamela bustos@pamcybustos

just saw my fave spiderman - tobey maguire here at palazzo! #starstruckmoment

they are creating more expectations, Leo is the secret Weapon, and the most famous movie star, so we most wait for it, you will see that even in December they'll show us just a little bit more, until we'll see the whole movie we gonna have the complete Leo's Calvin.

Agree with this. :PinkCouture2:

ByPrincesss

Tks for tweets ; they have the big World Series of Poker tournament going on in Vegas this week . Tobey has played in it in the past :)

Another Vegas tweet

Chelsea Dawn@MissChelseaDawn

Just chillin on the couch in the cabana, chatting w/ Toby McGuire sitting on my left & Leonardo DiCaprio in front w/ his butt at my toes. :)

L.A. Times recap of Django presentation; had to laugh at opening comments as so much has been made about Leo's beard /scruffy look as well

It had to be the most hirsute panel at Comic-Con International’s cavernous Hall H Between Christoph Waltz’s wild long grey hair and beard, Don Johnson’s shaggy ponytail and goatee, and Jamie Foxx’s long, unkempt facial hair, the trio of men who helped introduce Quentin Tarantino’s"Django Unchained" were a messy bunch. Which makes sense since filming a spaghetti western set in the antebellum South is no clean and tidy affair.

From the man whose last filmic outing involved murdering Hitler, “Django Unchained” is a revenge film that centers on Django (Foxx), a freed slave-turned-bounty-hunter who with the help of his mentor, Dr. King Schultz, (Waltz) unleashes a great fury on the men who abused him and his wife (played by Kerry Washington) and separated the two by selling them off to different plantations.

The film is a cross between a spaghetti western, in the vein of Sergio Corbucci, and a classic German fairy tale flipped on its head. Tarantino and his panelists, who also included Walton Goggins, Don Johnson and Washington, unveiled a seven-minute “sizzle reel” that showed just how gory, morbidly funny and entertaining the film promises to be. It was met with a standing ovation from the sizable San Diego Convention Center crowd.

The germ for the movie had been taking shape in Tarantino’s fruitful mind for the last 13 years: taking the western genre and setting it in the South prior to the Civil War, “where it’s unimaginable to think of the pain and suffering that went on in this country at that time,” Tarantino said.

Though the role required Foxx to don leg irons and wear a ridiculous bright blue Little Lord Fauntleroy suit to play the part of Django, the 44-year-old Oscar winner had no hesitation about jumping into the part.

“It all depends on where the script comes from,” Foxx said in an interview following the panel. “When Quentin Tarantino writes something, it’s the highest end of artistic achievement. And getting to work with him and with Christoph Waltz.... It would have been a terrible mistake to not try and hunt down this part that I think for the next 20 years will be a movie people will talk about.”

Washington told audiences that she was thrilled that she had to busy herself with learning how to ride a horse and speak German, two activities that helped her deal with the heavy prospect of playing a slave.

“I was so grateful that my character had to do two things that I’ve never done before because this film scared the [heck] out of me,” Washington told the rapt audience. “But that prepared me to step into this brutal world. Studying the German and the horseback riding kept me connected to the world when all I wanted to do was stay under the covers.”

Besides loads of gore and violence, Tarantino promised the audience that the film would have its fair share of his trademark humor. He even went so far as to promise that one scene -- involving the late casting addition of Jonah Hill -- rivals the scene in 1992’s “Reservoir Dogs” where Lawrence Tierney hands out color names to each of the guys in his gang, including Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi), Mr. Brown (Tarantino) and Mr. White (Harvey Keitel), among others. “It’s very funny," he said. "The funniest thing I’ve written since handing out the colors in ‘Reservoir Dogs.’ ”

With still a week left of shooting, Tarantino is so deep inside the production of “Django,” a movie he’s convinced will alter him forever, that he has no idea what he’ll do next. “This and ‘Kill Bill’ are my two big, great adventures,” he said. “I don’t know who I’ll be after this is all over.”

The Weinstein Co. will release "Django Unchained" on Christmas Day.

Excerpt from interview with Christopher Waltz

In a twist from his villainous part in Tarantino's "Inglorious Basterds," Waltz plays a complex good guy opposite Hollywood hero DiCaprio, who plays evil plantation owner Calvin Candie. Waltz told reporters prior to the panel that Tarantino had written the role with DiCaprio in mind.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/14/entertainment-us-media-comiccon-djangoun-idUSBRE86D0DY20120714

ByPrincess

As to the tweet, appears there are lots of celebs hanging around the pool area where she is , she ,also, tweeted a pix of Diddy's socks.

She just now tweeted a picture of herself in the pool with a floating raft of Cristal

According to the article below, Tobey is playing in this year's World Series tournament

Among the stars spotted at the tables yesterday were Ray Romano, Jason Alexander, Tobey Maguire, Hank Azaria, Jerome Bettis, Robert Iler, Jennifer Tilly, Shannon Elizabeth, Shanna Moakler and Trishelle Cannatella, as well as pro poker princes Phil Ivey and Phil Hellmuth.

Excerpt from interview with Christopher Waltz

In a twist from his villainous part in Tarantino's "Inglorious Basterds," Waltz plays a complex good guy opposite Hollywood hero DiCaprio, who plays evil plantation owner Calvin Candie. Waltz told reporters prior to the panel that Tarantino had written the role with DiCaprio in mind.

http://www.reuters.c...E86D0DY20120714

wait he's saying that Schultz was originally written for leo right? because I read that somewhere. omg I wish leo took that role instead.. it's definitely the best one in the script and ngl.. I don't really like how christoph seems to be playing it similarly to Landa :/

edit:

oxford:

oh.. ok nvm lol I remember when the casting was going on, there were some sites that said QT wrote Schultz with leo in mind and had to change it to fit Waltz later. Yeah I like Christoph but he was basically using the same mannerisms from IB lol

Tarantino said the love story in Django is inspired by Rapunzel

Doc needs Django to help him identify two bad guys he's after and Django knows these two bastards all too well since they tortured him. Dressing Django in a ridiculous blue suit and passing him off as Doc's valet, Django and Doc arrive at the plantation of Big Daddy (Johnson) where Django finds one of the men they're after -- and proceeds to extract bloody retribution with a gun and a whip.

Tarantino recalled how he realized while crafting the story how the hero's journey to rescue his beloved Brumhilda (Washington) paralleled the German saga of Siegfried rescuing his own beloved Brumhilda, and repeatedly referred to plantation owner villain Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio) as the evil king in a medieval fairytale who has ruined the countryside and keeps a princess locked away a la Rapunzel. But as much of a fairy tale as Django Unchained is the filmmaker and stars were adamant that they didn't need to make things too strange or brutal because real history was even worse than people realize.

Brumhilda was bought by a German family so she was raised by them and speaks German and has a German accent. Washington had to learn to speak the language and serenaded Tarantino and Waltz with a beautiful rendition of a German lullaby while on set. Foxx said that he had to strip away all his ego and celebrity trappings in order to get to the slave mentality and recalled the racism he experienced growing up in Texas.

Johnson spoke about the spaghetti westerns Tarantino turned him on to and Tarantino even had a cast screening of Macon County Line, which starred Johnson and Nick Nolte. Johnson half-joked that he got his drawl from watching Foghorn Leghorn cartoons. Tarantino also confirmed that Sacha Baron Cohen wasn't able to work on the film after all and they ended up just cutting that sequence from the story. He also chatted about having Franco Nero, the 1970s Django, in the film.

And the descendant of Bromhilda and Django is Shaft :p

He also said that Django and Broomhilda are related to a well-known character in blaxploitation film: John Shaft. "[They] will have a baby, then that baby will have a baby and so on and so on," he said, "and then John Shaft will be born."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/quentin-tarantino-and-cast-reveal-django-details-at-comic-con-20120714#ixzz20enQJAz4

In fact, every actor expressed gleeful admiration at working with Tarantino. Washington said, "I think he's one of our auteurs. He's a really visionary, proflic filmmaker who has a really original voice." Foxx said, "Quentin Tarantino would use everything, every inspiration. He'd allow characters to really grow and develop. I think watching Leonardo DiCaprio and Quentin work was one of the most amazing things. Leonardo's this good-looking guy that you see with the models and he comes in so different and ready to work, and Quentin would just watch things change with him and then change them for every character. On a dime, he'd change and it was all fantastic." Waltz said, "His eyes are better than ours, I dare say. He sees stuff long before they really make their presence felt. And he thinks ahead because he's the author. He's not so much a director, he's the author."

I love how Kerry mentions Leo and models

http://badassdigest.com/2012/07/14/comic-con-2012-notes-from-the-django-unchained-roundtable

From NY Post : Leo & Erin NY sighting

Erin Heatherton is the godmother to fellow Victoria’s Secret angel Lily Aldridge’s new baby girl, Dixie Pearl. Heatherton posted on Twitter after Aldridge gave birth: “Just met my god baby . . . Can’t stop crying. I’ve never seen anything so perfect and beautiful in my life. So in love.” Heatherton, who took part in the model ride for cancer charity Pelotonia at SoulCycle on Wednesday, was spotted with boyfriend Leonardo DiCaprio having dinner at the John Dory Oyster Bar on Thursday night

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/erin_god_baby_UQPf7sDxNvop3wT8rc5KYK#ixzz20ewxj6rt

First thing, thank you SO MUCH Ox and others for all the django feedback from Comicon. I am happy the reactions just from twitter have been fantastic. I like too how people have said that with what screen time leo has, he just takes away the show. Which maybe strategy perhaps, they might want to keep leos character more of a surprise for the audiance, and keep Calvin sort of mysterious. ;)

Thanks Ox and princess for the vegas tweets :) Hope he has a good time! Also thanks Ox for the leo-erin NY sighting :)