Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Gatsby!! He's my top 3🥰😍 I just realized I need to watch the movie again. Saw this some days ago and Leo is by far the best. The one from 2000 is soooo awful. Who casted that guy? Paul Rudd has so more charisma than that dude and he's playing Nick:

^Interesting @akatosh thx for sharing :flower:

I think the only other GATSBY movie I ever saw was the 1974 one with Robert Redford.

He's obviously handsome

5b2910ec433dec7eb365872472244ecb71215e84

but I didn't like the movie nor his interpretation of the character. Maybe because he looks so dull and stiff next to Leo. He's like a goddamn firework compared to all the others. 😅

I liked some of the aesthetics though.

fd7429e7ce2f357e5e56c450b357c137424ead42 21203e4d3e0123c27d8e362358f3a48ab9dc5ed5

‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ Tracking at $30-35 Million Opening

Here is some very good news for Martin Scorsese and Apple. “Killers of the Flower Moon” is long-range tracking to earn $30-36 million in the film’s opening weekend.

This is much higher than initial projections. ‘Killers’ is also said to be tracking very well overseas. I can believe this. The trailers are incredible and Leonardo DiCaprio is still a draw. There’s also plenty of Oscar buzz for this film.

Apple must be ecstatic about these early numbers. This is a 3 and a half hour, R-rated historical drama, but if “Oppenheimer” has taught us anything it’s that mainstream audiences still crave smartly crafted, adult-oriented storytelling on the big screen.

Apple spent $200 million on ‘Killers,’ mostly for the prestige, Oscar noms and the fact that it could bring in big numbers on their streaming platform. Breaking even was an added bonus, although now it might just happen, and then some.

Scorsese’s last two films barely made any money. 2016’s “Silence” grossed $22 million, on a $50 million budget, and 2019’s “The Irishman,” which was produced by Netflix, had only been granted a brief, and limited, 2-week theatrical release by the streamer.

“Killers of the Flower Moon” stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro, Lily Gladstone and Jesse Plemons. It will be released theatrically on October 20th, via Apple and Paramount.

Oscars Predictions: Best Actor – With So Many Worthy Performances, There’s No Such Thing as ‘Locks’

With overflowing talent, there aren't enough slots for all the Oscar-worthy performance

2023 Oscars Predictions:
Best Actor

Weekly Commentary (Updated Sept. 23, 2023): The best actor race will surely be a bloodbath, with every new contender dropping at a festival, living up to (or exceeding) expectations.

We know that Cillian Murphy (“Oppenheimer”) and Leonardo DiCaprio (“Killers of the Flower Moon”) will be in the mix for noms but with this race going at least 12 leading men deep, who can be considered “locked” for Oscar?

In additon to Murphy and DiCaprio, there are the Telluride standouts Colman Domingo (“Rustin”), Paul Giamatti (“The Holdovers”) and Andrew Scott (“All of Us Strangers”), alongside Venice breakouts including Bradley Cooper (“Maestro”) and Adam Driver (“Ferrari”).

TIFF delivered an energetic turn from veteran actor Jeffrey Wright in MGM’s “American Fiction,” the star of the Audience Award winner. Wright is due for love and comedic work in Cord Jefferson’s debut feature stands as his finest. TIFF also gave us Nicolas Cage (“Dream Scenario”), Jamie Foxx (“The Burial”) and Paul Dano (“Dumb Money”) as possibilities.

We’re still waiting on two rumored strong works still yet to drop. One is Zac Efron as professional wrestler Kevin Von Erich in A24’s “The Iron Claw” and the other is Anthony Hopkins as Austrian neurologist Sigmund Freud in Sony Pictures Classics’ “Freud’s Last Session.”

And the Predicted Nominees Are:

1. Jeffrey Wright — “American Fiction” (MGM)
  2. Cillian Murphy — “Oppenheimer” (Universal Pictures)
  3. Leonardo DiCaprio — “Killers of the Flower Moon” (Apple Original Films/Paramount Pictures)
  4. Paul Giamatti — “The Holdovers” (Focus Features)
  5. Colman Domingo — “Rustin” (Netflix)

Next in Line

1. Bradley Cooper — “Maestro” (Netflix)
  2. Andrew Scott — “All of Us Strangers” (Searchlight Pictures)
  3. Gael García Bernal — “Cassandro” (Amazon MGM Studios)
  4. Jamie Foxx — “The Burial” (Amazon MGM Studios)
  5. Austin Butler — “The Bikeriders” (20th Century Studios) **

Other Top-Tier Possibilities

1. Adam Driver — “Ferrari” (Neon)
  2. Nicolas Cage — “Dream Scenario” (A24)
  3. Anthony Hopkins — “Freud’s Last Session” (Sony Pictures Classics) **
  4. Christian Friedel — “The Zone of Interest” (A24)
  5. Matt Damon — “Air” (Amazon MGM Studios)
  6. Kôji Yakusho — “Perfect Days” (Neon)
  7. Barry Keoghan — “Saltburn” (Amazon MGM Studios)
  8. Zac Efron — “The Iron Claw” (A24)
  9. Teo Yoo — “Past Lives” (A24) **
  10. Paul Dano — “Dumb Money” (Sony Pictures)

Also In Contention

1. Joaquin Phoenix — “Napoleon” (Apple Original Films/Sony Pictures)
  2. Benoît Magime — “The Taste of Things” (IFC Films/Sapan Studio)
  3. David Strathairn — “A Little Prayer” (Sony Pictures Classics)
  4. Jay Baruchel — “BlackBerry” (IFC Films)
  5. Josh O’Connor — “La Chimera” (Neon)
  6. Mads Mikkelsen — “The Promised Land” (Magnolia Pictures)
  7. Michael Fassbender — “The Killer” (Netflix)
  8. Kelvin Harrison Jr. — “Chevalier” (Searchlight Pictures)
  9. Alden Ehrenreich — “Fair Play” (Netflix)
  10. Jesse Garcia — “Flamin’ Hot” (Hulu/Searchlight Pictures)

Source