Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Cannes seems more and more likely also that KOTFM will run in competition.

Paramount Sets French Theatrical Release For ‘Killers Of The Flower Moon’; Move Ties Film Into 17-Month, Cinema-To-Streamer Window

Paramount will give Martin Scorsese’s Killers Of The Flower Moon a theatrical release in France from October 18, Deadline has confirmed, in a move that will make the film subject to the country’s strict windowing rules.

Paramount Pictures France revealed the local theatrical date on Tuesday in an updated line-up posted on its website and Deadline has confirmed the film will get a normal release via the distributor and then go directly to Apple TV+.

Apple Orginal Films announced Monday that Killers Of The Flower Moon will be released exclusively in theaters worldwide in partnership with Paramount Pictures, kicking off on a limited basis from October 6, to go wide from October 20, ahead of streaming on Apple TV+.

There were questions as to whether the film would show in cinemas in France, where current media chronology laws stipulate a 17-month window between a film’s theatrical launch and its streaming release for most global platforms, including Apple TV+.

Netflix has negotiated a 15-month window by pledging extra investment for local feature films and signing an accord with the local film and TV guilds. Other streamers such as Apple TV+, Amazon and Disney+ have yet to go down that route.

Scorsese has a big following in cinephile France but his Netflix-backed The Irishman only received two preview screenings in France – at Cannes Delegate General Thierry Frémaux’s Lumière Festival in Lyon and the French cinematheque in Paris – ahead of its release via streaming in November 2019.

This was in contrast to the U.S. and the UK where the film was given limited releases.

Expectations remain high that Killers Of The Flower Moon, about the serial murder of members of the oil-wealthy Osage Nation in 1920s Oklahoma, will world premiere at Cannes in May.

Confirmation of the French theatrical release opens the door for Killers Of The Flower Moon to play in Competition, if indeed, the film has been made available to Cannes, and the festival and Scorsese want to go down that route.

Under Cannes rules, which are in step with the French windowing laws, only films guaranteed a theatrical release in France can compete for the festival’s coveted Palme d’Or, a stipulation that has kept Netflix and its top titles away from the Croisette in recent years.

Source

Love the man in black 😍

NEW YORK, NEW YORK - MARCH 28: Leonardo DiCaprio and Polestar CEO Thomas Ingenlath attend as Polestar Celebrates the North American Launch of Polestar 3 during The Shed on March 28, 2023 in New York City. (Photo by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Polestar)

leonardo-dicaprio-and-polestar-ceo-thoma leonardo-dicaprio-and-polestar-ceo-thoma

He can sense a camera recording his fine ass against the wind I swear lol

1492642765_Screenshot2023-03-29at13-33-18StoriesInstagram.thumb.png.2bf7bbda2e371e65e2d85a6bc4bda788.png 451239856_Screenshot2023-03-29at13-35-19StoriesInstagram.thumb.png.6b967a81681b4c95d741ddc23fa703e8.png 118827189_Screenshot2023-03-29at13-36-15StoriesInstagram.thumb.png.20a6775130df1f8f4fceacd4f86e6c75.png

On 3/16/2023 at 11:25 AM, Jade Bahr said:

PTA movie update.

Maybe with all those male heavy weights it's just not "Vineland" afterall but another story? Also some people think Leo turned this movie already down and Phoenix is his replacement.

FrTqjo9XwAATT4f?format=jpg&name=large

Joaquin Phoenix, Regina Hall and Viggo Mortensen Rumored to Be Part of Mysterious New PTA

The Jeff Sneider tweet below goes well with my hunch from last week that PTA’s next film might be “Vineland.” Hall would be a great fit to play the character of DL.

RUMOR: Regina Hall is being eyed to star opposite Leonardo DiCaprio (and possibly Joaquin Phoenix) in Paul Thomas Anderson's new movie, which may be based on Thomas Pynchon's VINELAND.

Also, I’m not sure how Joaquin Phoenix fits into all of this. I thought the lead role was between him or DiCaprio, and not both of them starring in the film. Don’t get me wrong, a project with DiCaprio and Phoenix together is cinematic nirvana.

Even before Sneider’s scoop, Daniel RPK has reported that the movie is actually about a young girl training in martial arts with DiCaprio playing her mentor.

Further, Daniel adds that, alongside Hall and Phoenix, Rachael Taylor and Viggo Mortensen were also in talks for the film.

PTA has already tackled a Thomas Pynchon novel, 2014’s “Inherent Vice.” That turned out to be the most polarizing movie of his career. Pynchon movie adaptations are very risky, his way of writing and telling a story is a beast of its own.

All we know so far is that this latest PTA project will be shot in July. Of course, things could change rapidly, but they also seem to be moving rapidly.

Source

Don't know if this means anything but Phoenix next movie project is a western from director Ari Aster.

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2023/3/ari-asters-next-film-will-be-a-western-starring-joaquin-phoenix

Gosh compared to Leo Phoenix is working his ass off LOL

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

Love the man in black 😍

NEW YORK, NEW YORK - MARCH 28: Leonardo DiCaprio and Polestar CEO Thomas Ingenlath attend as Polestar Celebrates the North American Launch of Polestar 3 during The Shed on March 28, 2023 in New York City. (Photo by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Polestar)

leonardo-dicaprio-and-polestar-ceo-thoma leonardo-dicaprio-and-polestar-ceo-thoma

1492642765_Screenshot2023-03-29at13-33-18StoriesInstagram.thumb.png.2bf7bbda2e371e65e2d85a6bc4bda788.png 451239856_Screenshot2023-03-29at13-35-19StoriesInstagram.thumb.png.6b967a81681b4c95d741ddc23fa703e8.png 118827189_Screenshot2023-03-29at13-36-15StoriesInstagram.thumb.png.20a6775130df1f8f4fceacd4f86e6c75.png

I absolutely adore Volvos, those babies are stylish. I wonder if he'll upgrade his soon. Nice to see more than those annoying @$$ baseball 🧢 and masks. I do wonder if he and the entourage dares to go to Coachella this year. 

The Oklahoman released an article regarding KOTFM, I thought it was cute 🙂, nothing outta normal, but I'm sure the Oklahomans are totally relieved 😌 about the movies release date.👇

Produced by Apple Original Films, "Killers of the Flower Moon" will open in wide theatrical release on Oct. 20. 

It then will start streaming globally on Apple TV+, although the date of the film's streaming debut has not yet been announced.  

Paramount Pictures is teaming with Apple on the eagerly awaited film's theatrical release.  

'Killers of the Flower Moon' is based on tragic Oklahoma history

Calling it "a time in American history that should not be forgotten," Scorsese's film is adapted from David Grann's 2017 best-seller “Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI."  

Like the National Book Award finalist, the film will chronicle the slayings of Osage Nation citizens in 1920s Oklahoma, after the oil boom made them wealthy. The killings became known as the "Reign of Terror" and led to an investigation by the then-fledgling FBI.  

"I know that books can reach a certain number of people, but a movie and a movie of this caliber and size and level of talent ... can help really reach a lot of others and, hopefully, ensure that this history is part of our consciousness," Grann told The Oklahoman in a 2021 interview.  

"Obviously, the Osage knew their history ... but there were so many people — and I include myself amongst them — who were just really ignorant of this, because it wasn't something we grew up hearing about or was taught in our classes. So, I hope it's just going to expand that knowledge." 

Expected Oscar contender stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro

"Killers of the Flower Moon" is expected to be a major contender in the coming cinematic awards season, with multiple trade publications reporting that the film may launch its anticipated Oscar campaign this year with a big premiere at one of the major global film festivals like Cannes or Venice.  

Directed by Scorsese, a revered filmmaker and Academy Award winner for "The Departed," it is adapted for the screen by Scorsese and Eric Roth, an Oscar winner for his screenplay for "Forrest Gump." 

The cast includes established Oscar winners Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro, new Academy Award winner Brendan Fraser, Oscar nominees Jesse Plemons and John Lithgow and Americana music stars Jason Isbell and Sturgill Simpson.  

The film also will star several rising Native American actors, including Lily Gladstone, Cara Jade Myers, JaNae Collins, Tatanka Means and Tantoo Cardinal. 

"Hopefully, it will be good for launching some of those careers as well ... but to have Scorsese, De Niro and DiCaprio, those are heavy hitters," said Jeffrey Moore, executive director of the under-construction OKPOP Museum in Tulsa

"With this movie, I think people are going to learn about Oklahoma that probably had no idea of anything about Oklahoma. It's going to open a lot of eyes to Oklahoma's very unique history." 

Scorsese film has 'the potential to be a game-changer' for Oklahoma

With its reported budget of at least $200 million, its star-studded cast and its renowned director, "Killers of the Flower Moon" is believed to be the biggest movie production ever undertaken in Oklahoma

"I think it has the potential to be a game-changer," Moore said. "'Killers of the Flower Moon' is really tackling a very serious and important piece of Oklahoma history, and to have the names on the creative side that are attached to it is phenomenal. And I really think it's gonna have a huge impact on the state." 

"Killers of the Flower Moon” is coming to theaters as Oklahoma’s film industry has been experiencing notable growth and legislators are considering expanding the state film incentive.  

“Our tribal, state and city leadership all played a critical role in supporting the production of ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ in Oklahoma. With respect to the historical events it’s based on, we look forward to the film’s theatrical release,” Oklahoma Film + Music Office Director Jeanette Stanton said in an email to The Oklahoman.  

3 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Love the man in black 😍

I love him in gray and blue more than black!

32 minutes ago, Magical said:

I wish to know if he likes to buy his own stuff  or he has someone to do it for him? 😂

giphy.webp

He does his own shopping 🛍️, but if he would engage more, if an innocuous expose (where are those accents when you need 'em?) we're to surface...well... I'd be all the way here for it. 

According to pagesix Leo wasn't only in a hot daddy but very good mood 😚

Leonardo DiCaprio hits luxe car party

Leonardo DiCaprio and the “White Lotus” actress Simona Tabasco were among the many stars celebrating Polestar’s newest luxury electric SUV at The Shed in New York City on Tuesday night.

“Leo stayed for quite a while to chat with party guests, enjoy the music and a drink,” an insider exclusively tells Page Six on Wednesday. “He certainly wasn’t as under the radar as much as he usually is, as he was without his typical baseball cap and sunglasses.”

We’re told the environmental activist, 48, was seen mingling with Polestar CEO Thomas Ingenlath, 59, and they even posed for photos together.  

“Leo wasn’t with a crazy big entourage [and] was doing a lot of mingling with the Polestar team and checking out the car,” the source says.

NYPICHPDPICT000008928728.jpg?w=1024 NYPICHPDPICT000008923788.jpg?w=1024

DiCaprio, an investor in the electric car company, was “definitely enjoying” himself and “full of smiles,” the source says.

Source

2 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

According to pagesix Leo wasn't only in a hot daddy but very good mood 😚

Leonardo DiCaprio, ‘White Lotus’ star Simona Tabasco hit luxe car party

Leonardo DiCaprio and the “White Lotus” actress Simona Tabasco were among the many stars celebrating Polestar’s newest luxury electric SUV at The Shed in New York City on Tuesday night.

“Leo stayed for quite a while to chat with party guests, enjoy the music and a drink,” an insider exclusively tells Page Six on Wednesday. “He certainly wasn’t as under the radar as much as he usually is, as he was without his typical baseball cap and sunglasses.”

We’re told the environmental activist, 48, was seen mingling with Polestar CEO Thomas Ingenlath, 59, and they even posed for photos together.  

“Leo wasn’t with a crazy big entourage [and] was doing a lot of mingling with the Polestar team and checking out the car,” the source says.

NYPICHPDPICT000008928728.jpg?w=1024 NYPICHPDPICT000008923788.jpg?w=1024

DiCaprio, an investor in the electric car company, was “definitely enjoying” himself and “full of smiles,” the source says.

Source

Glad to hear that he was in a good mood and enjoyed 🥰

Tarantino movie update

Quentin Tarantino Confirms Next Film is ‘The Movie Critic,’ Set in 1977 and Has Nothing to Do With Pauline Kael

Quentin Tarantino was in Paris this evening promoting his book “Cinema Speculation,” which, I’m hearing, inspired him to write his next film.

In a Q&A with Thierry Fremaux, Tarantino sought to clear the air about his upcoming new film. He confirmed that its title is indeed “The Movie Critic,” but that it has nothing to do with Pauline Kael.

Tarantino went on to add that he just recently completed the screenplay and that the story is set in 1977. Also, the main character is not a movie critic, according to him. He’s aiming for a fall shoot in Los Angeles.

The event took place at the Grand Rex theater in Paris. No cellphones were allowed in the room, so I doubt any video footage will emerge. Frémaux being Frémaux, he couldn’t resist telling Tarantino to bring “The Movie Critic” to Cannes 2025.

Source

1491390683_Screenshot2023-03-30at11-26-28QuentinTarantinoConfirmsNextFilmisTheMovieCriticSetin1977andHasNothingtoDoWithPaulineKaelWorldofReel.thumb.png.535549ab9f37c493bb0635f83d891c50.png 1505213868_Screenshot2023-03-30at11-26-08QuentinTarantinoConfirmsNextFilmisTheMovieCriticSetin1977andHasNothingtoDoWithPaulineKaelWorldofReel.thumb.png.6d7b0bceee559358c1c41a6f2509ebdc.png

Didn't quite realize the ones with Leo were also the most successful movies #power of leo

I'm really curious if KOTFM is capable to pull off such numbers.

So I made it through Leos 90s decade and I can finally make a proper list of movies I liked from this era and which not. 

👍

1) Titanic (extended + theatrical cut; can't decide which one is better. I think some of the deleted scenes should be in the movie and if Cameron can release a fuckin 9 hours cut of that shitty Avatar no one ask for I don't see why he can't do the same with Titanic BUT WHATEVER)

2) Romeo & Juliet (this movie has no doubts the best soundtrack ever; it's also my favorite of all Romeo & Juliet movies - haven't watched all of them but many including the 1968 one @YouNoMe)

3) What's Eating GG (probably Leos best performance in this decade, also Leos most adorable, heartwarming movie; love Becky great female written character; actually this movie is filled with great female characters)

4) Marvins Room (this movie is underrated; I LOVE the dynamic between the characters of Leo, Diane Keaton and Meryl Streep, again some well written female characters)

5) The Man In The Iron Mask (cheesy but love it, still one of my most watched Leo movies and probably his only "feel good" movie next to WEGG)

6) The Quick & The Dead (see my recent review)

7) The Basketball Diaries (even though Mark Wahlberg is one of the worst actors ever and I almost ended up putting this one on the other list Leos performance is too strong plus the story/message isn't the worst unlike TBL)

8 )This Boy's Life (very impressive performance by Leo especially compared to Critters 3; I liked the friendship of Toby and Arthur the most and I was glad Toby and his mother could escape this awful man but afterall Toby isn't a very likable character too; many of his actions seems very questionable to me and I don't know if the "he was young and dumb" answer is satisfying me)

👎

1) Don's Plum (by far Leos worst movie if you even can call it a movie because damn the quality here is at the lowest possible point 🙈)

2) Total Eclipse (awful I only liked the ending which means the maybe last 15 minutes)

3) The Foot Shooting Party (weird, terrible hair extensions, Leo is highly miscast and looks like a skinny 12 years old girl, also why Vietnam????)

4) Celebrity (boring overall but the parts with Leo are actually good)

5) Critters 3 (this is actually the only one I would rewatch because yes it is bad but also kinda entertaining and at least funny)

May the 00 decade as successful as this one :stormy: (already rewatched "The Beach")

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

So I made it through Leos 90s decade and I can finally make a proper list of movies I liked from this era and which not.

👍

1) Titanic (extended + original cut; can't decide which one is better. I think some of the deleted scenes should be in the movie and if Cameron can release a fuckin 9 hours cut of that shitty Avatar no one ask for I don't see why he can't do the same with Titanic BUT WHATEVER)

2) Romeo & Juliet (this movie has no doubts the best soundtrack ever; it's also my favorite of all Romeo & Juliet movies - haven't watched all of them but many including the 1968 one @YouNoMe)

3) What's Eating GG (probably Leos best performance in this decade, also Leos most adorable, heartwarming movie; also love Becky great female written character; actually this movie is filled with great female characters)

4) Marvins Room (this movie is underrated; I LOVE the dynamic between the characters of Leo, Diane Keaton and Meryl Streep again some well written female characters)

5) The Man In The Iron Mask (cheesy but love it, still one of my most watched Leo movies and probably his only "feel good" movie next to WEGG)

4) The Quick & The Dead (see my recent review)

6) The Basketball Diaries (sry but Mark Wahlberg is one of the worst actors ever, almost put this one on the other list but Leos performance is too strong plus the story/message isn't the worst)

👎

1) Don's Plum (by far his worst movie if you even can call it a movie because damn the quality here is the lowest LOL)

2) Total Eclipse (awful I only liked the ending which means the maybe last 15 minutes)

3) The Foot Shooting Party (weird, terrible hair extensions, Leo is highly miscast and looks like a skinny 12 years old girl, also why Vietnam????)

4) Celebrity (boring overall but the parts with Leo are actually good)

5) Critters 3 (this is actually the only one I would rewatch because yes it is bad but also kinda entertaining and at least funny)

May the 00 decade as successful as this one :stormy: (already rewatched "The Beach")

What's Eating Gilbert Grape is my personal favorite from the 90s. Leo is incredible in everything he is in but this movie...... wow.