Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

I have to write something positive here and that's why I now review Titanic 4k 3D for you guys if you want or not 😄

This movie will forever be my happy Leo place :heart:

960x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=960

1. ) The 4k is incredible. Great colors, great details. The costumes, the sets, all the frickin details Cameron was obsessed with. Just wow. Sometimes I got the feeling being on a sightseeing tour on Titanic. I think 4k is doing most "older" movies no favour. I tried to watch for example LOTR and The Hobbit in 4k and it's so bad because you see every freakin digital detail, wigs and prosthetics. I mean Titanic has such moments too but a lot less because the CGI Cameron used is very subtle what made this movie aging beautifully. I would even go further and claim it looks better than most expensive blockbusters these days.

2.) The 3D. I don't know. I didn't see much a different to the 2012 version actually. Also like after the last Avatar I had a headache.

2.1.) What I like about 3D is the awareness of proportions. For example when Rose wants to jump off the ship it's really scary when she climbs about the railing because damn it's a long way down to the dark water :blink:

3.) Speaking of Kate. She is GORGEOUS in 4k. Really. Omg. Her skin, her eyes, her hair, HER LIPS. No kidding I was staring at her lips multiple times. They're great LOL What a powerhouse not only in beauty but also her whole commidment in bringing Rose to life. I love her.

3.1) No wonder Jack falls for her the moment he sets eyes on her.

3.2) Gosh Leo is such a baby in this movie LOL But I love how he captured Jacks positive life loving energy. Also the boy has some beautiful eyes and skin. His chemistry with Kate is the key factor for me and his performance. Which is also one of the most subtil - no screaming, no constant frown - I also LOVE the fact how Rose is his constant priority (he's connecting with her physically A LOT I actually wonder if every of those moments were scripted)

4.) What strikes me probably for the first time after watching this movie a billion of times how intimate the story actually is. I mean for a million blockbuster. It's really focused on people -especially Jack and Rose of course- but also many strong women and weak men and I couldn't help but wondering if a woman had the commando about the ship would have happen the same???

5.) What else? After 25 years this movie still gives me goosebumps in particular scenes.

6.) Also the 2nd part of the movie really have some subtle horror moments (maybe even more in 3D). The sneaking water? It's really scary.

7.) Also why has Billy Zane no better career? He was handsome and did a really good job here I think. Maybe it was not meant for him.

8.) The cinema was more crowded than it was with some new films I watched just saying.

9.) For what it's worth I heard not one single chatter about Leos dating habits LOL

10.) Titanic made me love Leo, movies and cinema. So thank you for the memories. Now I'm ready for the offical extended cut!!!

11.) I will watch the movie again on Tuesday ☺️

I've got a feeling that Missy Newscaster must tread lightly, because Kate is absolutely overprotective about her Leo. 

I actually had the patience to watch all four five minute videos. I guess it was in the heavenly cards for Kate to work with Lee because if I'm not mistaken she auditioned for Romeo and Juliet or at least read for the part (I heard). She's quite gracious about the whole experience. 

I kinda wish Bernard Hill would go into his overall experience as Captain Edward James Smith. I wonder what emotional depths he had to explore as a man that embodied another man perpetually doused in a single error in judgement. R.I.P Bill. I wonder if the two Bills got any one-on-one time together since they had not long did Tombstone (1993). 

Just a reminder of how big Titanic actually was back then and how small movies like Avengers and Avatar are compared to the "real" numbers and not just the usual inflationary money.

The Rerelease of ‘Titanic’ Makes ‘Avatar: The Way of Water’ Look Small

James Cameron's new film is a massive hit — but "Titanic" sold about three times as many tickets.

James Cameron’s “Titanic” could lead the box office a quarter-century after its release. A reissue hasn’t dominated the weekend since 1997, when special editions of the first three “Star Wars” films each achieved #1, but this outing is something of a layup: With the Super Bowl on Sunday, it may only take $10 million to reach the top.

Two other titles could also contend for the top spot, with the second weekend of “80 for Brady” (like “Titanic,” also Paramount) and the opening weekend for “Magic Mike’s Last Dance”(Warner Bros. Discovery).

The rebirth of “Titanic” is a good time to reconsider the ongoing reign of Cameron’s latest film, “Avatar: The Way of Water.” It has a domestic total of $640 million and $2.2 billion worldwide, positioned to reach around $700 million domestic. That’s fantastic by any standard — but with this reissue, “Titanic” might acquire the greater unadjusted total. It currently stands at $659 million; its 2023 run might be worth another $30 million, making it a close race.

Here’s where they’re not close at all: Tickets sold. In 1997-1998, the average ticket price was around $4.69. Today, an average ticket costs at least 2.5 times more — and in the case of “The Way of Water,” that average is likely higher due to premium-theater screenings. That means perhaps three times as many people in the U.S./Canada saw “Titanic” in theaters (before the reissue) than “The Way of Water.”

Further comparisons show that the performance of “Titanic” is one that Hollywood will never see again from any film — not even Cameron’s.

“Titanic” was #1 for 15 weeks, a feat no other film has done before or since. “The Way of Water” is entering its ninth weekend and will gross under $10 million. In unadjusted grosses, “Titanic” took in $28 million in its ninth weekend — $70 million in today’s dollars.

Among 1997 releases, “Titanic” grossed 250 percent more domestically than the #2 release; the gap was even bigger internationally. “The Way of Water” now looks like it will be 2022’s #2 domestic release (and #1 worldwide, about 60 percent ahead of “Top Gun: Maverick”).

Most of all — 25 years later, despite previous reissues, massive video, DVD, Blu-Ray, non-stop syndicated TV and cable showings —  “Titanic” will still find a theatrical audience.

Source

‘Titanic’ On Course For Great $15 Million Weekend Re-Release

James Cameron’s romantic epic Titanic sets sail again with a 4K HDR 3D re-release on the 25th anniversary of its history-making theatrical debut, and appears on course for a great $15+/- million domestic weekend.

Cameron’s latest film, Avatar: The Way of Water is hot on the heals of Titanic’s $2.194+ billion box office, as both films vie for the #3 spot on the all-time worldwide box office charts. The Way of Water has already passed Titanic’s international box office cume, and the Avatar sequel is just over $10 million shy of Titanic’s North American box office numbers.

However, based on my math, it looks like Titanic will dodge the close call with Avatar: The Way of Water to retain its place on the worldwide box office charts — for now, at least. Even with the Super Bowl effectively silencing theatrical attendance on Sunday, Titanic should still enjoy a stronger bow than it’s previous $10+ million domestic 2012 re-release opening numbers.

Titanic’s earlier re-release was good for nearly $60 million in new sales stateside. I think it’s possible the film could surge past those numbers this time, with help from the remastered quality and expanded 3D spaces around the global, not to mention its proximity to Cameron’s Avatar: The Way of Water and all of the free added media coverage and public buzz that film has produced over the past few months.

The 2012 re-release didn’t just produce solid numbers domestically for Titanic — it added an eye-popping $350 million in global re-release receipts. While I don’t expect the same level of massive turnout this time around, I do think it will still be a highly popular and successful re-release, even if it only last a short while.

Opening against Magic Mike’s Last Dance — which was given a theatrical run after initially preparing to release as an HBO Max exclusive — Titanic will compete with that film for Valentine’s Day couples and for an audience of women and girls who are expected to make up the bulk of theatergoers this weekend.

I expect Titanic’s marketing, reputation, and buzz from the press and social media should all give it an advantage in the weekend race, although it would be a mistake to underestimate the appeal of a Channing Tatum spring release geared specifically toward women audiences. So the top spot on the weekend box office charts could be a photo finish, with both films likely to perform well.

While I have said I believe Avatar: The Way of Water will not quite overtake Titanic as the third-highest grossing movie in cinema history, I also said that’s surely only a short-term prediction. Titanic’s ability to put enough distance between itself and Avatar: The Way of Water is questionable over the long haul.

Avatar 2 will inevitably get at least one re-release (and probably more). The sheer anticipation and frenzy next year leading up to 2024’s Christmas debut of Avatar 3 will probably include a re-release for Avatar: The Way of Water, at which point I’d expect it to finally catch up with Titanic and win the #3 all-time position.

How much money winds up separating the two films after Titanic’s latest re-release depends on a lot of factors, not least of which is the arrival of another key film into theaters this month. I’m talking, of course, about Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey. Just kidding, I’m actually speaking of Marvel Studio’s Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, sure to be the biggest film yet in that superhero franchise.

Source

^Even my parents will watch Titanic this time in cinema... the first time since 1998. I think my dad is kinda excited to see it in 4K 3D because he really likes to watch his movies in 4K. It's like watching a movie for the first time he never gets tired to tell me lol

How is this less than amazing??? :clap:

James Cameron’s ‘Titanic’ Tops The Weekend Box-Office, 25 Years Later

If any filmmaker had “Titanic” on their resume then it would probably be the best film they’ve ever made. But not James Cameron. It’s probably his third or fourth best movie after “Aliens,” “The Terminator” and “T2: Judgement Day.”

And so, 25 years on, “Titanic” is still a great movie, one of Cameron’s several $2 billion-grossing blockbusters, and it was re-released in 2,400 Imax screens this weekend. Here is the brand new trailer.

What’s even more impressive is that “Titanic” made almost $2.8 million on Friday. It will win the weekend with a $10 million opening. Incredible. This is a movie topping the box-office, again, 25 years later.

As big of a hit as ‘The Way of Water’ is at the moment, “Titanic” actually sold three times more tickets. It really was this unprecedented phenomenon that hasn’t been duplicated since. No movie has come close to the sheer passionate turnout and response “Titanic” received from movie audiences in late 1997/early 1998.

Not a coincidence this re-release is occurring on Valentine’s Day weekend. It’s also going to sport a 3D 4K HDR and high-frame-rate transfer of the film. I’m very much tempted to go check it out, but look at that running time: 3 hours and 16 minutes.

Released in 1997, “Titanic” broke box-office records left and right. Leonardo DiCaprio became a major star because of it, ditto breakout Kate Winslet. The film would go on to win 11 Oscars, including Best Picture and Best Director.

Yes, Cameron’s penchant for tin-eared dialogue was still very much present (“I’ll never let go, Jack”) but this was such a movie-movie, a spectacle of the highest order that only a filmmaker of Cameron’s calibre could conceive. The visuals still take your breath away and the story being told is utterly engrossing. You get swept up by the whole thing.

Source

Titanic Set to Be First Re-Release in 25 Years to Top Box Office

James Cameron is about to make waves at the box office again as Titanic looks to take the #1 spot 25 years after its original release.

James Cameron is already dominating the box office thanks to Avatar: The Way of Water, but the director can add yet another accolade to his ever-growing list. Titanic has been re-released in cinemas to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the film’s original release back in 1997. In many ways, it is therefore ironic that at the same time, Titanic has been knocked from its position as the third highest-grossing movie of all time, and the film could be heading back to the top of the box office. That would make Titanic the first movie in 25 years to hit the #1 spot as a re-release, the last being the Star Wars special editions, which coincidentally happened in the same year as Titanic’s first round of box office success.

According to figures from Box Office Mojo, Titanic has already managed to lead the pack on Friday, beating out last week’s chart champ Knock at the Cabin and the mighty Avatar: The Way of Water, whose audience-pulling power is finally starting to wane. If Titanic can pull in around $10 million over the weekend, it would easily end up claiming the weekend box office for one week before the release of Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania next weekend.

While a $10 million box office is not by any means ground-breaking, the achievement would once again remind people that James Cameron movies are not just one-time viewing experiences. Clearly, audiences are happy to return to theaters to see the director’s older movies on the big screen.

Source

Titanic Box Office Could Be The First Re-Release To Top Chart In 25 Years

The Titanic re-release is poised to take #1 this weekend, which would make it the first of its kind to hit that benchmark in over 25 years.

Titanic could very well become the first reissue to reach No. 1 in over 25 years. The film, which stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet, is still the third highest-grossing film of all time in the worldwide box office, though it will likely soon be surpassed by 2022's Avatar: The Way of Water as it continues to climb the charts. Through its combination of sweeping romance and disaster movie thrills, Titanic also won Best Picture and 10 other Oscars in addition to its commercial success.

Per IndieWire, Titanic is in contention to take No.1 at the domestic box office this weekend. All it will need in order to dominate the sleepy Super Bowl weekend is about $10 million. If it can accomplish this, it will become the first reissue to hit No. 1 since the Star Wars special editions back in 1997, the same year Titanic originally premiered.

Source

Its heart still goes on — ‘Titanic’ leads box office 25 years after debut

It will never let go.

The re-release of “Titanic” was unsinkable at the box office, earning $2.72 million on its opening night Friday, according to IMDB’s Box Office Mojo.

The James Cameron-helmed epic is projected to cruise into a $15 million domestic weekend, according to Forbes.

Paramount brought the 1998 Oscar winner back in 4K 3D to celebrate its 25th anniversary.

Prior to the re-release, Titanic was eighth on the all-time top box office list.

Source

First,  THANKS TO ALL , who have posted the latest  Leo related news, vids, pix :flower: :flower: :flower: 

Jade

Thanks for all the Titanic re release content :) 

A reminder to us all not to seek the transitory quality of popularity, but rather the enduring quality of excellence that time does not wither