Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

4 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Also, earlier you had mentioned missing Leo in Oklahoma ; I think it would be great if they held a special premiere of KOTFM in Pawhuska area , so all the extras ,etc could attend 

I do believe a premiere is planned here, but probably in Tulsa as there are no movie theaters in Pawhuska. Bartlesville has one movie theater, but Bartlesville is Cherokee Nation, not Osage Nation. Also, I do not know if Leo will attend the Oklahoma premiere or not. We will have to wait and see. Hopefully not until 2023 though.

41 minutes ago, YouNoMe said:

Leonardo is particular, that's true. But you might have to dumb down your explanation for me, I've been spiking my herbal tea 😬. I really expected him to go down to Oklahoma in May and truth be told periodically through the film's post-production. The counter-argument would be, "he was passionate about Wolf and The Aviator and partied heartily, and mostly stayed away when he wasn't due to work", but this project is a bit different and it ties into other interests of his so???? Something is a bit off with his behaviour to me and I think he's staying out of the States on purpose. That's just me. 

(Quick note: If I don't respond right away, it's bc I gotta get in the shower, I'm running late. In addition, I gotta get all my paperwork together for my trip to the DMV tomorrow. Yes. 🙄. Not to bore you with my procrastination and duties! Just saying.)

"The same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?"; "The same procedure as every year, James".

With "party" I mean work and not actually celebration into the night. 🙃 

5 hours ago, Mirella said:

"The same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?"; "The same procedure as every year, James".

With "party" I mean work and not actually celebration into the night. 🙃 

This was not dumbed down enough. But I will say there is always a reason behind what Mr. DiCaprio does...and says. A hidden reason, of course.

4 minutes ago, YouNoMe said:

This was not dumbed down enough. But I will say there is always a reason behind what Mr. DiCaprio does...and says. A hidden reason, of course.

Yeah, what would the point be of reasons that are clear as day and laying open in front of us? Leo doesn't strike as finding that particularly amusing. 

I get what you are saying tho. Tone down your intelligence so people understand. But what's the fun in that? 

There are so many unconfirmed things surrounding Leo at the moment.

Is he still in a relationship (it’s looking more and more likely not)

Is killers of the flower moon premiering this year  (it’s looking more and more likely not)

We need some concrete Leo news!!!

Im manifesting a new film announcement soon!!!

2 hours ago, Mirella said:

Yeah, what would the point be of reasons that are clear as day and laying open in front of us? Leo doesn't strike as finding that particularly amusing. 

I get what you are saying tho. Tone down your intelligence so people understand. But what's the fun in that? 

No, a game of riddles and parables is right up his alley, and yours too, quite frankly.

He does believe in happy 😊 endings. 

4 hours ago, YouNoMe said:

No, a game of riddles and parables is right up his alley, and yours too, quite frankly.

He does believe in happy 😊 endings. 

Ok without the riddles this time. 🙃

I personally would have picked Canne if I had to choose between December and one of the festivals. Canne or another festival around that time wouldn't matter. 

I think it could benefit in the long run to do so. Why? I don't know. We rarely know what will happen until we are there.

I however understand the "let's get this out fast and bring home the money" that December would open up for and that is fine too. They have award season up next where they can bring home what they are supposed to bring home. 

It comes down to what their focus is on and I agree with the rest here on the forum. They should make up their mind about it. 🙃 

56 minutes ago, Magical said:

Brazil’s President Jair Bolsonaro criticized progressives like Leonardo DiCaprio for wanting to change the world 'but never yourselves'

https://www.foxnews.com/world/brazil-president-rips-leonardo-dicaprio-amazon-deforestation-tweet-yacht-lecturing

Well isn't it true?

"You again, Leo?" Bolsonaro, who has 8.4 million Twitter followers, wrote in response to DiCaprio’s tweet. "This way, you will become my best electoral cable, as we say in Brazil! I could tell you, again, to give up your yacht before lecturing the world, but I know progressives: you want to change the entire world but never yourselves, so I will let you off the hook."

However dear Mr. Bolsonaro keeps using the cheapest trick of not taking responsibility himself so they are both hypocrites here. One criticizes the other and neither one wants to change. It is called mirroring and what people do when they recognize a trait in another person they have themselves. 

Some more new Capri pix of the group exiting a restaurant  , as well as,  Leo and pals at party at Rumore nightclub

In the exiting the restaurant pix , you can see his pals Chuck and Nikki have joined the group of  Richie, Helly, Bert , Jamie

Screenshots from insta story below :

https://www.instagram.com/stories/leodicaprio3242/2892533486990897439/?hl=en

2022-07-29 (5).png 2022-07-29 (8).png 2022-07-29 (2).png 2022-07-29 (3).png 2022-07-29 (4).png

3 hours ago, Mirella said:

Well isn't it true?

"You again, Leo?" Bolsonaro, who has 8.4 million Twitter followers, wrote in response to DiCaprio’s tweet. "This way, you will become my best electoral cable, as we say in Brazil! I could tell you, again, to give up your yacht before lecturing the world, but I know progressives: you want to change the entire world but never yourselves, so I will let you off the hook."

However dear Mr. Bolsonaro keeps using the cheapest trick of not taking responsibility himself so they are both hypocrites here. One criticizes the other and neither one wants to change. It is called mirroring and what people do when they recognize a trait in another person they have themselves. 

The truth here is that instead of spending his time talking about Leo, he should be more concerned about the state of affairs in Brazil. The fact that people are willing to vote for his opposition who spent time in jail says a lot about Bolsonaro.

31 minutes ago, kellybsblover said:

The truth here is that instead of spending his time talking about Leo, he should be more concerned about the state of affairs in Brazil. The fact that people are willing to vote for his opposition who spent time in jail says a lot about Bolsonaro.

So true. This statement he thought would make him sound smart was just an insult to all intelligent people having to read it and showed his own lazy shortcomings. 

Trying to become Leo's number one critic will not change his lack of self-knowledge. 

World of Reel's latest article about KOTFM release  = this is same source of news regarding positive early screenings/teaser trailer /poster coming soon

Do NOTE  the webmaster Ruimy claims his source is a person at Apple

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/7/6rvwo5vec45hh4ln0dtoha8i8ssuik

There’s a war of words going on between pundits Erik Anderson and Clayton Davis on Twitter.

The former is saying that there isn’t any firm confirmation that Martin Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” is not a 2022 release, while the latter is sticking by his Variety article that alluded to the fact that the Scorsese epic had been moved to 2023 (Apple and Paramount did not comment).

Last I checked, they were still aiming for a December 2022 release, but giving Scorsese and longtime editor Thelma Schoonmaker all the time in the world to finish the film. A teaser is even ready, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets released soon.

This December ‘22 intel was only reinforced when ‘Killers’ was given an official release date of January 26th, 2023 in Italy. This would align well with a US release a month earlier in December.

With that being said, the rumor that Apple was possibly going to push ‘Killers’ to next year isn’t new intel. I wrote about it last May. It’s still a possibility, but with Apple not confirming any of Clayton’s reporting, we’re still being left in the dark. My source — who works for Apple — is the best inside source that we have right now, and they still maintain it’s aiming for December 2022.

Primary filming for “Killers of the Flower Moon” wrapped in October 2021. For the most part, Scorsese’s films have had a rather lengthy post-production process; Shutter Island (20 months), Silence (19 months), The Irishman (18 months), Hugo (15 months), The Age of Innocence (15 months), The Departed (13 months), The Aviator (13 months), Goodfellas (13 months), and Wolf of Wall Street (11 months).

If you don’t count the additional shooting, and “Killers of the Flower Moon” doesn’t follow an awards 2023 path, then it will set a new record for the number of months between wrap and release in a Scorsese film.

I already posted this article but some people do need a reminder that they have no clue about

a) climate change

b) climate change numbers

c) numbers of Leos personal carbon footprint compared with those of the industries

d) THE MEANING OF THE WORD HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :girlbanghead:

e) the main goal of Leos environmental work

f) criticizing others while doing absolutely nothing for the main cause is the real problem

u) policy is in the main responsible here and not one single hollywood actor Mr Bolsonaro

You're welcome.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493buakklwjtvkpox37s92a

Rich climate activist Leonardo DiCaprio lives a carbon-intensive lifestyle, and that's (mostly) fine

At the 2016 Academy Awards, Leo DiCaprio accepted his Best Actor trophy with a speech that included a passionate call to action on climate change.

As inevitably as night follows day, social media was flooded with people attacking DiCaprio as a hypocrite for living a carbon-intensive lifestyle.

This kind of thing has been around for as long as I've been writing about climate change. People never tire of pointing out that Al Gore lives in a "mansion" or that scientists fly all over the world to climate conferences, spewing CO2. Any time I mention a vacation online I am immediately scolded as a hypocrite by at least one of the trolls who follow me around waiting for such opportunities.

It's not just conservatives or climate skeptics, either. There have always been plenty of environmentalists and liberals who scorn Gore and other climate leaders for their supposed hypocrisy.

There's clearly something powerful in the critique. It elicits strong, intuitive reactions, which is rare with arguments related to climate change.

But I don't think it holds up. In particular, I think it runs two different arguments together.

Argument 1: Climate advocates who don't reduce their emissions are hypocrites

This is the claim that really grabs people at a gut level. And it makes a certain sense: If you say carbon emissions are bad, and you emit lots of carbon, and you don't work to reduce your own carbon emissions, then either a) you don't really think carbon emissions are bad, or b) you're a hypocrite.

But there's a hidden premise here, which lots of people take for granted but shouldn't. The premise is that personal emission reductions are an important part of the fight against climate change — if you take climate seriously, you take on an obligation to reduce your own emissions.

Is that true? Not necessarily. It is entirely possible to believe, as many people do, that voluntary emission reductions are pointless vanity, that the only efficacious solutions to climate change involve extended, coordinated action by governments. They view the moralism around personal emissions as a distraction, a way of diverting environmentalist energy and alienating non-environmentalists.

People who believe that are not engaged in hypocrisy if they fly, or buy an SUV, or eat a hamburger. They are not advocating sacrifice or asceticism; they don't believe it would do any good. They believe people will take advantage of the options available to them until some combination of regulation and innovation makes cleaner options available.

If they advocate for, and are willing to abide by, taxes and regulations designed to reduce emissions, then such folks are being true to their beliefs. You might think they are wrong about the value of personal behavior, but they are not hypocrites.

Is there any evidence that DiCaprio has advocated personal emission reductions or told anyone they ought to forgo planes or boats? If so, I haven't seen it.

Perhaps he has done the math and realized that the emissions of any single rich person are insignificant to the big picture on climate.

Here are the per capita carbon emissions of the world's top 10 overall carbon emitters:

per_capita_emissions.png

More recent data has shifted slightly, but we don't need to be all that precise. The world average is around 7 metric tons a year per person. In the US, it's around 20 metric tons.

Let's say that by flying and yachting all over the world, DiCaprio is responsible for 500 times the emissions of the average American — 10,000 metric tons of greenhouse gases a year.

How much is that? Here are some annual greenhouse gas emission figures, in metric tons (years range from 2010 to 2013):

Even if extravagant by mere mortal standards, DiCaprio's personal emissions are a fart in the wind when it comes to climate change. If he vanished tomorrow, and all his emissions with him, the effect on global temperature, even on US emissions, even on film-industry emissions, would be lost in the noise.

Climate change is extremely large. No single human can directly generate enough emissions to make a dent. And all indications are that DiCaprio knows that. That's why he said:

"We need to support leaders around the world who do not speak for the big polluters, but who speak for all of humanity, for the indigenous people of the world, for the billions and billions of underprivileged people out there who would be most affected by this."

He didn't say, "We need to buy LED lightbulbs. And avoid yachts." His focus is on political leadership.

So the "hypocrisy" charge fails. You're not a hypocrite for not doing things you haven't said anyone else should do either.

(Note: There are certainly people who think reducing one's personal emissions is a moral obligation, for everyone, and that high-profile climate leaders ought to lead the way. I disagree, but it's a legitimate claim. But even if you accept the claim, the conclusion is that DiCaprio is wrong, not that he's a hypocrite.)

Argument 2: Public figures ought to do more climate signaling

You could agree that voluntary personal emission reductions are irrelevant to the big picture on climate change and still think that high-profile public figures like DiCaprio are in a unique position to signal. Their choices and habits have outsize effects on culture. People look to them for indications about what is and isn't important, so they have an obligation to send the right signals.

There's definitely something to this argument. But there are two important things to remember about it.

First, if signaling is the issue, well, DiCaprio is supporting electric cars and pushing for clean energy in the film industry and building eco-resorts and supporting clean energy campaigns and starting a friggin' climate charity. Oh, and making heartfelt appeals in front of 9 million people at the Academy Awards.

That's a lot of signaling! Read this piece in Rolling Stone or this one in the Guardian. DiCaprio has a long history of serious work on this issue. By any measure, he's doing better on signaling than the vast majority of wealthy, influential people.

Do pictures of him on a yacht undo all that? No one's provided any evidence to support that claim.

Second, note that this argument applies to all wealthy, influential people, not just the ones who advocate for action on climate change. If it is a moral good for influential people to signal that low carbon is a priority, then it is a moral good for all of them. Those who speak up about climate change are under no special obligation over and above that.

All that said, yes, conspicuous consumption is a kind of signaling too — a bad kind, for reasons that go far beyond climate change. Generally, parading your hyperconsumption is corrosive to social solidarity. (Oddly, very few of the conservatives who yell at DiCaprio make this argument.)

So if there's any grounds for complaint against DiCaprio, it's the same complaint fairly directed at any wealthy hyperconsumer: Signaling restraint is a gesture of social solidarity. They should all do more of it. Including the ones who never say a word about climate change.

To sum up

We've got to stop using fossil fuels as rapidly as possible. Doing that will mean some mix of technological, political, and social change. Undoubtedly lifestyle changes will come along with any such transition.

I wouldn't presume to predict what those lifestyle changes will be. But insofar as progress on decarbonization proceeds at the pace it needs to, it will do so because lower-carbon alternatives are cheaper or more convenient, or offer features and benefits their dirty competitors can't.

I have trouble envisioning voluntary restraint catching on at any scale that makes a difference. Cleaner energy will be more fun, more prosperous, better, or it won't happen.

So sure, maybe DiCaprio ought to rein it in with the yachts and personal jets. But only for the same reasons all rich people ought to, not because he's advocating for better climate policy. Everyone ought to advocate for better climate policy!

Policy is the big picture. If we get that right, both income inequality and emissions will decline and more people will be better off. If we get it wrong, the size of DiCaprio's boat won't matter one way or the other.

Source