Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Barbie

Tks for Revenant behind the scenes video; I can't wait for the dvd release :)

Fash

Tks for the all the Japan /Revenant pix :flower:

Joyezz

Tks for Japan premiere clip :)

Jade

Tks for another Japan premiere clip ; I bet it is beautiful to see all the blooming  chery blossoms :)

20160323_150117_0.jpg

DiCaprio criticises climate change deniers running for president

Fresh from his Oscar-winning role in "The Revenant," Leonardo DiCaprio suggested Wednesday that his upcoming documentary on climate change could help raise awareness about a phenomenon that some US presidential candidates reject.

DiCaprio said one of the collaborators for the film to be released before the November election was Fisher Stevens, a producer of the 2010 Oscar-winning documentary "The Cove" about dolphin-killing in the small Japanese town of Taiji.

"We've been travelling around the world documenting climate change," DiCaprio told a press conference in Tokyo, adding they visited China, India and the North Pole and South Pole.

Though he did not offer any names, the star of "Titanic" and "The Wolf of Wall Street" said some candidates seeking the highest US office are falling short in their environmental attitudes.

"We should not have a candidate who doesn't believe in modern science to be leading our country," he said.

"Climate change is one of the most concerning issues facing all humanity and the United States needs to do its part."

Republican front-runner Donald Trump said last year he did not believe in climate change, while his key rival Ted Cruz has dismissed it as "pseudo-scientific theory".

DiCaprio, who attended the COP21 climate change talks in Paris last year, has been raising the alarm on global warming since 1998 when he founded the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation.

The organisation is involved in 78 projects on protecting biodiversity, oceans conservation, wildlands conservation and climate change, according to its website.

The actor said "The Revenant" -- about a 19th century fur trapper filmed under extreme winter conditions in Canada and Argentina -- was "a turning point" for him personally, in that he noticed how much nature is changing.

"I look back on this time period with great reflection and great concern as well."

Source

WOWWWWIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE....WHAT DA FANTASTIC PIX & VIDS :excited::excited::excited:

DA MAN looks soooooo HOT,happy,relax,elegant & classy :wub:

I loveeee to see Leo happy & relax like that :smile: I see he's enjoying every second of his huge victory!!! I can feel it & definitely he deserves it :yes: 

he deserves the best because HE IS THE BEST :thumbsup:

THANKS A MILLION BEAUTIFUL LEO LOVERS FOR THE WONDERFUL UPDATES :flower:

Short vid  from Japenese journalist that had the opportunity to interview Leo on red carpet ,  she states he is even more handsome in person

I wish one day I would get to find that out for myself :p  

Jade

Tks for all the many, many wonderful Japenese premiere pix  :flower:

I don't know if it is due to the difference as to when the photographers were 'clicking' their cameras or just the mood Leo was in , but in both the China & Japanese pix they have captured the most adorable expressions on Leo's face  :heart::heart:

Barbie

Tks for all the Japanese interview /premiere pix  :flower:

In that 2nd vid when he says "I'd leave that at home " ,  we didn't hear the question he was asked, but do you think it was in regard to his Oscar trophy or something else ???

Also, tks, for Margot's comments ; I can see that you and Jade have Leo's next girlfriend selected :p 

Calibi

Tks for pix of Leo at Tokyo restaurant :)

At first I wasn't sure what that was dangling from Leo's ear , but then I realized it was one of those face masks we often see people wear in in Japan