Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thanks Jade and Ox for the pics! :heart:

My fave pix so far :heart: :heart:

Mine too :heart:

leonardo_dicaprio_435.jpg
Nice pic from People Mag:

Leonardo DiCaprio is saying goodbye to fossil fuels.

The actor and noted environmental activist, 40, is joining a campaign that uses their investment decisions as a means to fight global warming. DiCaprio, 40, along with over 2,000 individuals and 400 institutions, has committed to eliminating fossil fuel investments via the Divest-Invest Coalition in New York on Tuesday.

The decision represents a remarkable $2.6 trillion of investments – 50 times the size of commitments that were seen last year.

DiCaprio promised to not only divest his charitable funds but his personal wealth as well: Climate change is severely impacting the health of our planet and all of its inhabitants, and we must transition to a clean energy economy that does not rely on fossil fuels," he said, per businessgreen.com.

He continued: "Now is the time to divest and invest to let our world leaders know that we, as individuals and institutions, are taking action to address climate change, and we expect them to do their part this December in Paris at the UN climate talks."

DiCaprio has long been a devoted environmentalist, dedicating much of his time working through his namesake charity, the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, to advocate for conservation efforts around the world.

This summer alone, he pledged $15 million in donations to more than 30 organizations working to implement innovative conservation projects around the globe.

He also raised a whopping $40 million at his Saint Tropez gala in July by auctioning off high-priced goods and some one-of-a-kind experiences. Proceeds from the auction went to benefit DiCaprio's foundation to work to protect Earth's last wilderness habitats.

http://www.people.com/article/leonardo-dicaprio-vows-sell-fossil-fuel-stocks

Barbie

Looks like Leo heard your other wish as well a new Revenant trailer is on its way make%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gif

DenizcanS. ‏@MrFilmkritik · 12m12 minutes ago

Speaking of The Revenant: A new trailer has been classified. It's 2:35 minutes long.

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!!    :dance:  :ddr:  :clap:

Thanks ox, and I think I need to ask more things, hehe.   :hehe: