Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Leonardo DiCaprio Didn’t Exercise His Producer’s Prerogative

LOS ANGELES — Leonardo DiCaprio was at home having breakfast — coffee and eggs, with tomatoes — as he discussed his multiple Oscar nominations for “The Wolf of Wall Street.”

“Our punk-rock film,” he called it. Mr. DiCaprio served as producer and star, and it was he who brought the idea — to make a film from the corrupt stock trader Jordan Belfort’s memoir — to Martin Scorsese.

“There’s been two projects in my life that I’ve done everything I can to make happen,” he said, this and “The Aviator,” also directed by Mr. Scorsese.

“The Wolf of Wall Street” has been a divisive film this season, hotly debatedby audiences and industry players for its lewdness and the moral depravity of the financial world it represents. That was the appeal for Mr. DiCaprio.

oscars-statue-blogSmallThumb.jpg
ACADEMY AWARDS

Vote for, share and keep track of your Oscar favorites with The Times’s interactive awards ballot.
Start Your Oscar Ballot

“I wanted to put this culture up on screen in all its ugliness,” he said. “To be able to have this film honored like this by the Academy, it’s surprising, and it feels great.”

Though he gives one of the most unbridled performances of his career, as the sex-, drugs- and money-addicted Mr. Belfort, Mr. DiCaprio said he didn’t work with a coach or prepare in any different way. If anything, the performance resulted from a looseness on set, where a lot was improvised. He and Mr. Scorsese knew that “as long as we set the atmosphere and the tone of what the actors would go for on set, it would grow into its own sort of beast,” and that’s what happened, he added. “We were allowed to take chances.”

As a producer, Mr. DiCaprio saw cuts of the movie as it was whittled down from its original four-hour running time. If he was uncomfortable with the already infamous scenes in which he has a Quaaludes-induced breakdown, he could have perhaps had them trimmed. Instead they play out, a turning point in his performance (and the audience’s reaction to him).

“Ever since I saw ‘Taxi Driver,’ I like the idea of a protagonist that could possibly betray the audience,” he said. “Those are the characters that I really get off on.”

Mr. DiCaprio spoke to Mr. Scorsese, a nominee for best director, and his co-star Jonah Hill, a supporting actor pick, early this morning. But he had not heard from Mr. Belfort or others. “I haven’t even spoken to my parents,” he said.

But Mr. DiCaprio expects to be at the Critics’ Choice Awards on Thursday evening and many more laudatory events to come. “The party continues,” he said.

http://carpetbagger.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/16/leonardo-dicaprio-didnt-exercise-his-producers-prerogative/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

I can't tell you how excited I was to hear Leo's name called this morning, along with Jonah, Marty, Terrence and the movie as Best Picture. I have to be honest. I wasn't sure how much love the Academy was going to give Wolf amid all the controversy. Once I heard Jonah and Marty's name called, I knew Leo was going to get his spot for Best Actor. It's stiff competition, but I just have this feeling deep inside this is HIS year to finally take home the gold!!

Can't wait to see the Critics Choice Awards tonight! Fingers crossed for another big win for our Leo!

CONGRATS LEO, MARTY, JONAH AND TERRENCE!!!!make%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gif

Canvas_Prints.jpg

“To my parents I love you, and I simultaneously apologize for everything I did in this movie.”- Leo DiCaprio thanking his parents in his acceptance speech for Best Actor at The Critics Choice Awards

Canvas_Prints.jpg

YAY LEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kevin McCarthy @KevinMcCarthyTV 

!!!! I just geeked out with Leonardo DiCaprio about my #Inception theory! He said "That's a good point!" "I've never thought about that"!

And then Leonardo DiCaprio and I fist-bumped!!!! @DCfilmgirl

I literally stood there for like 2-3 minutes running through my #Inception theory with DiCaprio and he was genuinely listening!

post-60462-0-1446086878-90567_thumb.jpg

“To my parents I love you, and I simultaneously apologize for everything I did in this movie.”- Leo DiCaprio thanking his parents in his acceptance speech for Best Actor at The Critics Choice Awards

post-39932-0-1446086879-84085_thumb.jpg

YAY LEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

YEAH, GOOO LEO, YOU DESERVE ALL THE AWARDS OF THIS WORLD!!!  :woohoo:

I want to thank ALL for the updates! :flower:

So, I want to share that I saw Wolf 2 days ago and this movie is still stuck in my head, it's a great movie and I really liked, I had so much fun and laughed so hard at some scenes, it's was really entertaining but hardcore as well.

I have to say I loved Margot on this movie, she was great, also really liked Jonah.

But Leo, oh Leo was AMAZING, his performance is just outstanding, hilarious, brave, it's probably his best performance, I really think so. And he deserved to win that GG, and now this Critics choice award and deserves to win every award he was nominated for... like a lot of other people mentioned, just for that "ludes" scene he should win all the awards, that was absoultely hilarious and brilliant. So, to see him nominated in Oscar it's really special and I'am just soo glad for him. :clap:  :ddr:  :dance: