Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Just wanted to point out I am activley searching for bad reviews of gatsby from views/audiance's on twitter, tumblr, blogs, all over.....I am honestly finding slim to none! These audiance reviews are fantastic, its amazing how the critic reviews and the audiance reviews differ so much!!! :clap: Leo, the film, everything, seems to be LOVVEED by viewers!

And I love that because whats ultimatly gonna make a movie successful is the audiance, not the critics ;)

EDIT: Thanks for the updates BTW :heart:

Wow they are now predicting a 55-58 million opening for Gatsby this weekend. I hope it does really well especially since so many critics wanted to see this fail,

‘The Great Gatsby’ Eyes Big $20M Friday And $55+M Weekend Opening: ‘Iron Man 3′ Still Tops Box Office; ‘Peeples’ Bombs

FRIDAY 6:30 PM, 2ND UPDATE: Warner BrosThe Great Gatsby (3,035 theaters) domestic grosses just keep climbing upward. My sources’ latest estimates for the film are $18M-$22M for today, including Thursday late shows and Friday midnights, and $55M-$58M for opening weekend. The “X factor” will be Mother’s Day, which could contribute to a huger-than-normal Sunday for the romantic drama co-financed by Village Roadshow. Disney/Marvel’s Iron Man 3 (which still has the biggest theater count at 4,253) is looking like $20M today and $75M-$80M this weekend for a terrific hold on #1 again. And the only other major newcomer today is Lionsgate’s Peeples (2,031 theaters), a “Tyler Perry Presents” comedy not written or directed by him. Its grosses are disastrous: $1M today for a $3.5M-$5M weekend.

SO many 10/10 reviews on imdb! Sorry for posting a lot of reviews, I just really love this one:

The achingly romantic and hopeful Gatsby is played impeccably by DiCaprio. He has aged into a beautiful man while still possessing those boyish good looks. The beginning of the film has the viewer itching to see Gatsby and hear him speak, and when he finally appears he holds on and captivates throughout the film. The film may awaken something in you, a memory of when you were crazy in love with a person or in love with an idea for what your life should be. DiCaprio embodies a dream and makes you root for him, even though he is shown to be a liar and a man who is desperately trying to steal another's wife- all that does not matter because we see the gentle child-like frailty in him and identify with it. DiCaprio is an excellent actor and was perfect for the role.

I must say that I didn't think that Mulligan can pull the role of Daisy, who in my mind was supposed to be a flawless beauty. However, she didn't disappoint. It made Gatsby's love and desire for her even more fascinating- she was beautiful to him and that's all that mattered.

Gatsby

Loved it ; I can't wait to see it again !!!

Don't want to say too much so all can discover its wonders for themselves , but , like Calibi , I loved the entire

scene where Gatsby and Daisy see each other again.

I think because we saw a few seconds of that scene in almost every trailer, one wrongly thinks you 'know' that scene but what a marvelous surprise lays ahead for all :heart:

Love today's Forbes article regarding Gatsby's box office so far

Friday Box Office: 'The Great Gatsby' Stuns With $19.4 Million Friday, Likely $50m+ Weekend.

God, I love box office surprises like this. Obviously the whole ‘doomed second weekend of summer‘ curse couldn’t compete with what appears to be a perfect merging of star power (DiCaprio’s about to have his second-largest debut weekend) and concept (a high-energy, 3D adaptation of a novel that nearly every American high school student has read), but this is somewhat unprecedented. As I wrote last week, the second big would-be blockbuster of summer generally tanks, unless the summer kick-off film is somewhat loathed. I’m not sure whether the 72% plunge for Iron Man 3 counts as audience rejection, especially as the film is still going to do around $65 million for the weekend. But let’s presume that Warner Bros. just pulled off something kind of incredible, breaking its own curse and more importantly opening a risky project well above realistic expectations.

The Great Gatsby is that rare thing, a genuine star-driven character drama playing like a blockbuster. With $19.4 million on Friday, including $3.3 million in Thursday late shows, the Baz Luhrmann adaptation is heading for a shocking $50 million-$55 million opening weekend, depending on how front loaded it was. The film cost anywhere from $120 million to $160 million, although Warner Bros. is claiming extensive rebates for shooting in Australia brought the budget down to $105 million. If that’s true, then The Great Gatsby may end up being quite profitable if it can replicate this kind of interest overseas. I’ll go into more details tomorrow, but Warner Bros. marketing deserves bonuses this weekend, because with the high-profile date change from December, the mixed-negative reviews, and the somewhat divisive trailers, this easily could have been a disaster, ‘release-date curse’ or not.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2013/05/11/friday-box-office-the-great-gatsby-stuns-with-19-4-million-friday-heads-towards-50-million-weekend/

Leo and Scorsese's last collaboration was Martin's highest grossing film. Django was Quentin's highest grossing film and now Gatsby will be Baz's highest grossing film and of course Nolan and leos Inception was immensely successful... point is Leo is on a role! What's even better is that Leo always gives great performances! I'm so happy for him! :D

I don´t know why but this articles about the Great Gatsby´s box Office, try to overshadow the success putting in the title "BUT WILL NOT PASS IRON MAN 3" common Iron man just did 19.7 m, so is not that impossible for Gatsby, I kind of think is just about the bad press that the movie received from the critics, they don´t want to accept that at the end is the public who choose what to like, I´m so happy with the results, and I´m can not wait for the overseas realize, it will be massive, Leo has a lot of fan base out of the USA.

From E : The Great Gatsby: 5 Things to Expect From the 3-D Extravaganza

Just posting an excerpt

1. Leo's Jay Gatsby Is an Old Sport, Indeed: What's most surprising about Leo's take on self-made man Jay is not the buckets of charm he emanates but his raw, rage-filed insecurities. Gatsby's entrance is perfectly postponed until about half hour in. Once he arrives you want do everything with him, like drive a baller yellow stretch, or just take a dip in that pool of his

http://www.eonline.com/news/417752/the-great-gatsby-5-things-to-expect-from-the-3-d-extravaganza?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Ox: Glad to hear you liked it as well, and happy to hear its on track for a successful box office :dance: Thanks all for the updates!

Some nice slideshows :)

Celebrity Style Evolution: Leonardo DiCaprio

http://www.gq.com/style/profiles/201305/celebrity-style-evolution-leonardo-dicaprio?mbid=social_twitter_gqmagazine#slide=1

Girls Love Gatsby! A Look at Leonardo DiCaprio's Lovely Ladies

http://www.popsugar.com/Leonardo-DiCaprios-Girlfriends-20317902

Box office update: 'Great Gatsby' soars on Friday with $19.4 million, but can't topple 'Iron Man 3'

The rich just keep getting richer. Last weekend, billionaire playboy Tony Stark scored the second best opening weekend of all time in Iron Man 3. This time around, another millionaire playboy, Jay Gatsby, is breaking out at the box office.

The Great Gatsby had a fantastic first day in theaters, grossing $19.4 million, which puts Warner Bros.’ literary adaptation on pace for a $50-55 million weekend — above even the highest expectations. (I predicted a $43 million frame.) The Baz Luhrmann film, which cost about $100 million to produce, will easily become the director’s best debut ever, and ultimately, his highest grossing film ever — surpassing Moulin Rouge, which earned $57 million in 2001. For star Leonardo DiCaprio, Gatsby‘s big opening will rank second behind Inception, which debuted with $62.8 million in 2010.

Still, the glossy Gatsby couldn’t quite overtake Iron Man 3, which won Friday with $19.8 million. The Marvel spectacle looks like it’s headed for a drop in the 60 percent range (a bit larger than expected), which may give it about $70 million for the weekend and an incredible $282 million after 10 days.

http://insidemovies....sby-iron-man-3/

Gatsby

Loved it ; I can't wait to see it again !!!

Don't want to say too much so all can discover its wonders for themselves , but , like Calibi , I loved the entire

scene where Gatsby and Daisy see each other again.

I think because we saw a few seconds of that scene in almost every trailer, one wrongly thinks you 'know' that scene but what a marvelous surprise lays ahead for all :heart:

Love today's Forbes article regarding Gatsby's box office so far

Friday Box Office: 'The Great Gatsby' Stuns With $19.4 Million Friday, Likely $50m+ Weekend.

God, I love box office surprises like this. Obviously the whole ‘doomed second weekend of summer‘ curse couldn’t compete with what appears to be a perfect merging of star power (DiCaprio’s about to have his second-largest debut weekend) and concept (a high-energy, 3D adaptation of a novel that nearly every American high school student has read), but this is somewhat unprecedented. As I wrote last week, the second big would-be blockbuster of summer generally tanks, unless the summer kick-off film is somewhat loathed. I’m not sure whether the 72% plunge for Iron Man 3 counts as audience rejection, especially as the film is still going to do around $65 million for the weekend. But let’s presume that Warner Bros. just pulled off something kind of incredible, breaking its own curse and more importantly opening a risky project well above realistic expectations.

The Great Gatsby is that rare thing, a genuine star-driven character drama playing like a blockbuster. With $19.4 million on Friday, including $3.3 million in Thursday late shows, the Baz Luhrmann adaptation is heading for a shocking $50 million-$55 million opening weekend, depending on how front loaded it was. The film cost anywhere from $120 million to $160 million, although Warner Bros. is claiming extensive rebates for shooting in Australia brought the budget down to $105 million. If that’s true, then The Great Gatsby may end up being quite profitable if it can replicate this kind of interest overseas. I’ll go into more details tomorrow, but Warner Bros. marketing deserves bonuses this weekend, because with the high-profile date change from December, the mixed-negative reviews, and the somewhat divisive trailers, this easily could have been a disaster, ‘release-date curse’ or not.

http://www.forbes.co...illion-weekend/

Calibi

Tks for more box office news :)

Osa

Tks for vid :)

Daisy

Tks for another review :hug:

Saw the movie late last night and absolutely loved it! The 3D effects were amazing and Leo was yummy on screen as always. I must warn you girls though, have your tissues ready. You may be shedding some tears at the end. I might be going again tomorrow to see it with my Mom! Yay! :clap:

Saw the movie late last night and absolutely loved it! The 3D effects were amazing and Leo was yummy on screen as always. I must warn you girls though, have your tissues ready. You may be shedding some tears at the end. I might be going again tomorrow to see it with my Mom! Yay! :clap:

Some audience reviews on face!! :woohoo:

Brenna Boespflug It was AMAZING!!!! Leo killed it!!!!!!

Kristy Moreno Best movie I've seen in a long time!!!!!! Leo your part was perfect "Old Sport."

Ashleigh Cyrus AWESOME MOVIE! of course Leonardo was the best, as usual

Sara Lohmeyer oh my god. SO GOOOOD. it was beautiful, true to the novel for the most part, and leo was UNBELIEVABLE. I am so in .

Raymond Mark Hoffman I saw it tonight, What a beautiful film.

Nayala Smith JUST got home after seeing it! Baz reallllly outdid himself! And Leo was nothing but PERFECT!

Tiffany Nicole LEO MARRY ME!!!! (loved this one!) :p

Mandana A I am sure LEO is gonna win an Oscar for this.. there is no doubt.

Jennifer Krausewitz It was fantastic. Don't read the reviews. DiCaprio is believable and amazing. Baz did a phenomenal job.

Joyce Wilkins Leo deserves an Oscar. He was incredible. He always is, no matter what character he portrays.

Lindsay Alexandra Greenfield This movie was AMAZING. Where's Leo's Oscar??

Amber Kennedy One of the best movies I have ever seen! Leo was spectacular he better win an award for this

Carolyn Dunfield Perkovich And the Oscar for Best Actor goessss to: Leo DiCaprio ♡

I can imagine the sacrifice it will be for you mz_linz to see the movie again! :nicole: :Nicole:

Kristy Moreno Best movie I've seen in a long time!!!!!! Leo your part was perfect "Old Sport."

Sara Lohmeyer oh my god. SO GOOOOD. it was beautiful, true to the novel for the most part, and leo was UNBELIEVABLE. I am so in .

Nayala Smith JUST got home after seeing it! Baz reallllly outdid himself! And Leo was nothing but PERFECT!

Jennifer Krausewitz It was fantastic. Don't read the reviews. DiCaprio is believable and amazing. Baz did a phenomenal job.

Joyce Wilkins Leo deserves an Oscar. He was incredible. He always is, no matter what character he portrays.

Amber Kennedy One of the best movies I have ever seen! Leo was spectacular he better win an award for this

Carolyn Dunfield Perkovich And the Oscar for Best Actor goessss to: Leo DiCaprio ♡

I'd have to agree with these reviews! I fell in love with him all over again. He is quite the romantic!! I left the theater swooning hardcore lol :nicole: