Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Leo looks absolutely delicious...thanks for all the amazing updates everyone you guys are the best. :flower:

Pami: I agree with you I can't stand when people say things about him getting older...I just ignore them because they are just ridiculously rude and ignorant. I must admit I started "falling" for Leo after watching the Departed and Shutter Island and the older Leo is more my type. His muscular body, his confidence and his maturity is the kind of man that makes me so weak in the knees... he's in his prime...I could go on..but I'll stop :woot:

I can't wait to watch The Great Gatsby I would love to go with a group of girls like you all...since we all share the same kind of love and respect for him but we would be a rowdy crowd :clap:

Hi all! I really like the new Gatsby tv spot and trailer. Leo looks like he has really nailed this performance and he looks stunningly beautiful. Can't wait to see how Leo interprets Gatsby. I believe we will get the darkest, sexiest and most intense Jay yet from Leo. I wish May would hurry up. Re the chinese interview that I have unfortunately been able to view, I recall that the same programme recently did a conversition with Kate Winslet with the reporter asking about Leo as a man and as an actor. She said lovely things so that got me wondering - does Leo talk about him and Kate at all in this interview???

Can't wait to get this whole interview, thanks for the snippets princess :)

I agree with you I can't stand when people say things about him getting older...I just ignore them because they are just ridiculously rude and ignorant. I must admit I started "falling" for Leo after watching the Departed and Shutter Island and the older Leo is more my type. His muscular body, his confidence and his maturity is the kind of man that makes me so weak in the knees... he's in his prime...I could go on..but I'll stop :woot:

AGREED. :D In the words of Kate Winslet "Hes a Man now" :brows:

Princess

Tks for more of Leo's Esquire interview :)

Below is another Esquire comment ; I think it is a comment that ALL of us would like to be able to reply about our job/chosen career (Y)

It seems like DiCaprio has steered through the difficulties of celebrity well. And when the Esquire reporter asked what makes DiCaprio happy, he had a simple answer:

"I think I'm doing it!" he said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/leonardo-dicaprio-work-isn-best-relationship-article-1.1318372#ixzz2Qf2HIgvt

Pami

Totally agree with your comments about Leo's appearance now versus Titanic (Y)

Leo is now a man, all man, and I wouldn't want it any other way :p

Dr Brown

Re: China interview , no, they never ask him about Kate , and he doesn't bring her up either.

REMINDER: This is LEO'S thread. The FOCUS of posts should be about LEO; his work, projects, and other activities (including his social life) that can be objectively verified (i.e, news articles, photographs, videos, etc).

If Leo is NOT the focus of your post (He is only incidentally and tangentially mentioned.), then please use his General Discussion thread HERE.

Inappropriate posts have been, and will continue to be, deleted. Edited by MauiKane

Comments from Gatsby costume designer Catherine Martin talks about dressing Leo as Gatsby

Definitely agree with "potato sack" comment as fancy or casual Leo exudes sexiness and a presence

When not in his slick evening garb, Gatsby dons linen pants and sweaters, and that iconic pink suit. DiCaprio, however, was apparently less than thrilled by the latter’s hue. “I told him, ‘You’ve read the book a number of times, Leo. That couldn’t have escaped you. This [suit] is one of the very important plot points!’” Martin laughed, adding that, even if he were “in a potato sack,” DiCaprio would be a beyond convincing Gatsby.

http://www.style.com/stylefile/2013/04/catherine-martin-talks-gatsby/

At cinemacon today they presented new footage of the Great Gatsby:

Amy Kaufman@AmyKinLA 1h

Ugh, I can't wait to see "The Great Gatsby." The stuff they just showed at #CinemaCon really emphasized the relash between Mullgs and Leo.

Peter Sciretta@slashfilm 1h

Extended reel of Great Gatsby looks even more beautiful than the trailers thus far. 3d of period NYC looks fantastic. #CinemaCon

Hannah Dreier@hannahdreier 1h

Uh-oh. New Gatsby has flashbacks to childhood, judging by first look at Cinemacon

Leo looks absolutely delicious...thanks for all the amazing updates everyone you guys are the best. :flower:

Pami: I agree with you I can't stand when people say things about him getting older...I just ignore them because they are just ridiculously rude and ignorant. I must admit I started "falling" for Leo after watching the Departed and Shutter Island and the older Leo is more my type. His muscular body, his confidence and his maturity is the kind of man that makes me so weak in the knees... he's in his prime...I could go on..but I'll stop :woot:

I can't wait to watch The Great Gatsby I would love to go with a group of girls like you all...since we all share the same kind of love and respect for him but we would be a rowdy crowd :clap:

Couldnt agree with you more piscesgirl! I've been a fan of his since 1998 and this man drives me crazy since I was a girl. :woot:

I cant wait to watch Gatsby either and I need to say this thread brings together the coolest fans I've ever seen! :clap:

Girls, what is asking the reporter at the min 18:52 about Titanic?

I can't understand it.

I can't fully understand his question either, but I believe it's something around 'how he and Kate handled the pressure of playing characters in such a high-profile movie.'

Princess

Tks for more of Leo's Esquire interview :)

Below is another Esquire comment ; I think it is a comment that ALL of us would like to be able to reply about our job/chosen career (Y)

It seems like DiCaprio has steered through the difficulties of celebrity well. And when the Esquire reporter asked what makes DiCaprio happy, he had a simple answer:

"I think I'm doing it!" he said.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...2#ixzz2Qf2HIgvt

Pami

Totally agree with your comments about Leo's appearance now versus Titanic (Y)

Leo is now a man, all man, and I wouldn't want it any other way :p

Dr Brown

Re: China interview , no, they never ask him about Kate , and he doesn't bring her up either.

Oxford...as I always say....let the guy be sexy,charming and freaking handsome for us and for half of the female population worldwide. Others' opinions don't matter at all!! ;)

Esquire

I wanted to mention that I bought the magazine today. It does not have all the pix that were online.

And , if you've followed Leo as long as we have all, he really doesn't say much 'new' that you haven't heard him express in previous interviews.

However, I found it a very interesting interview to hear the 'writer's take on Leo as a powerful actor/person , as well as , most interesting the comments about Leo gleaned from others that the interviewer spoke to about Leo

And this writer ,also, echoes what the male writers said who interviewed Leo right before J Edgar came out, he looks just as great in person as he looks on the big screen and just as young as ever even though he is 38

Personally, I feel it is an interview, that even a long time fan, would feel was worth reading :)

Calibi

Tks for Comic Con tweets :)

I always enjoy surfing Twitter and seeing others as excited as we are about upcoming release of Gatsby

Princess

As Wijn mentioned above, I ,too, found there was a part of the interviewer's comments /questions to him about Titanic that I couldn't understand either.

Otherwise I find that his comments about Titanic were the replies we've heard him say before : type/scope of film he hadn't done before, allowed Leo and Kate a 'choice' in their future career moves,etc