Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Calibi

I read that Event is a separate 80 page magazine that is included from now on in each Sunday edition of the Daily Mail.

I wonder if the interview that was online yesterday in Daily Mail is the same as what was contained with the Event magazine ?

Tks for great cover pix of Leo/Carey, as well as, all the Gatsby screening tweets ; lucky girl for sure ! :flower:

I noticed she said her Mom was part of the crew in Australia , so that is how she got invited.

Leolover

Finally our vid of Leo/Charlize's presentation at Glaad Awards , tks :ddr::ddr:

Thanks Calibi for the screening tweets! I wish the girl would have given more input on the film besides "it was good" than fangirling every other tweet :p And I also guess it won't be long before we get more reviews ;)

Also thanks Leolover and Princess :flower:

EDIT: I hope leo goes on Leno, or Fallon or some late night show for Gatsby press! :D

Leonardo DiCaprio: An appreciation - The Great Gatsby, unknowability and ultimate fractured hero

DiCaprio is the youngest member of an elite club of leading men whose name alone can ‘open’ a movie (Brad Pitt, Will Smith and possibly still Tom Cruise round out that group). But he is the only one in that position willing to consistently play roles that attack all the established ideas of what a leading man should be. Would any of those other actors have chosen to play lead characters as troubled, complex and unreliable as DiCaprio did in Shutter Island and Inception, two of the biggest box office hits of 2010? Of course not. They have public images to uphold; their careers depend on it. But DiCaprio’s name above a film’s title guarantees only that the film will be worth watching, not that there will be anything like a ‘hero’ to be found there. In this light, his brilliant turn as hateful, racist slave-owner Calvin Candie in Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained just seems like showing off; an open provocation to his peers to demonstrate anything that comes close to his versatility. He has managed to completely separate his appeal as a film star from his public personality, giving himself an essential ‘unknowability’, despite his instantly recognisable face. One of the few other actors to have pulled off the same feat is Matt Damon, making their casting opposite each other in The Departed a stroke of genius.

All I know is that I wish I were Charlize Theron, lucky woman! :woot:

For me he looks gorgeous and divine in all these pics, loved his hair,his beard...his intense blue eyes! :woot: Yes...I can't stop drooling over this man! :nicole:

Tks for everything girls,tks for the vids,articles and tweets! :flower:

Leonardo DiCaprio: An appreciation - The Great Gatsby, unknowability and ultimate fractured hero

DiCaprio is the youngest member of an elite club of leading men whose name alone can ‘open’ a movie (Brad Pitt, Will Smith and possibly still Tom Cruise round out that group). But he is the only one in that position willing to consistently play roles that attack all the established ideas of what a leading man should be. Would any of those other actors have chosen to play lead characters as troubled, complex and unreliable as DiCaprio did in Shutter Island and Inception, two of the biggest box office hits of 2010? Of course not. They have public images to uphold; their careers depend on it. But DiCaprio’s name above a film’s title guarantees only that the film will be worth watching, not that there will be anything like a ‘hero’ to be found there. In this light, his brilliant turn as hateful, racist slave-owner Calvin Candie in Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained just seems like showing off; an open provocation to his peers to demonstrate anything that comes close to his versatility. He has managed to completely separate his appeal as a film star from his public personality, giving himself an essential ‘unknowability’, despite his instantly recognisable face. One of the few other actors to have pulled off the same feat is Matt Damon, making their casting opposite each other in The Departed a stroke of genius.

Read more here:

http://film.list.co.uk/article/50520-leonardo-dicaprio-an-appreciation-the-great-gatsby-unknowability-and-ultimate-fractured-hero/

The Daily Mail article below claims these pix were taken of Leo in Monaco yesterday (Sunday)

The article names others that ,besides Helly and Lukas, were supposedly part of the group at the club.

Link to entire article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2313227/Leonardo-DiCaprio-enjoys-poolside-break-accused-illegal-poker-player-Hillel-Helly-Nahmad-card-madam.html

th_article-0-196F67B2000005DC-985_634x738.jpg article-0-196F65AD000005DC-389_634x440.jpg article-0-196F655C000005DC-991_634x494.jpg

^Wait so Leo is in France yesterday? But he was just at the GLAAD awards saturday night and was at a gatsby screening last night? how is that possible? (I confused :p )

EDIT: Or is it the town Monaco in Cali? :D Yeah that sounds more like it :p

Thanks for the updates BTW :hug:

Kat

First, I agree how can Leo be seen at restaurant eating lunch with Tobey ( we have twit pix of him ) Sunday during day in L.A. and at Gatsby screening last night in L.A. and be ,also , out of the country on same day ???

So I would think they would have to mean today Monday April 22nd ??

In the article they claim the pix were taken at Monte Carlo Beach Club in Monte Carlo, Monaco

The 38-year-old actor was spotted enjoying the company of some renowned bad boys on Sunday as he relaxed at the Monte Carlo Beach Club in Monte Carlo, Monaco.

Yeah I saw those pictures but they're the same pictures from when Leo went to Monaco with his friends when he was hooking up with Blake Lively in 2011. The dailymail got it wrong. They probably just wanted to write an article about Leo's friends money troubles and so used those pictures. Just google the pictures from 2011. Leo is wearing the exact outfit.

Calibi

Yes, I ,also , noticed the shirt Leo looked to be one we had seen him wearing in pix below.

And, yes, not surprised if they would write article about recent US events/Helly,Leo other stars connection.

But to go the point of claiming these are recent pix taken on Sunday April 21st of Leo with mentioned people that is to me beyond just wanting to write an article on the subject and use pix that show both Leo and Helly

To me that would be a reason for a call from one of Leo's reps.

Below is one of the 2011 pix and we can see Leo and Lukas have on same shirts

2011.jpg

^Yeah that Helly guy is being charged with some underground poker thingey. Not quite sure about the full details, so maybe they were looking for an excuse to write about that....cause calibi is right, looking at the pics they are from 2011.

Kat

As I stated above, I'm not surprised that they would want to write an article on the subject mentioning his connection with known celebs

But do read the article I posted, they state the pix were taken Sunday which is why I think they warrant a phone call from one of Leo's reps.