Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thank soo much Neon for the Premiere cover!! sooo incredibly freaking badass! :p Hope someone can get ahold of it and scan, tell us what the interview is about!

Ox thanks for the tweets, and your take on the whole london/NY thing :)

Pix of Leo in NY at restaurant

]

Alisabeth Sabatelle?@BackSabber

A buddy of mine took this when he was eating lunch in New York and Leonardo DiCaprio was sitting at a nearby table

untitled.png

looks SO GOOD!

Miuccia Prada designs costumes for The Great Gatsby

The Italian designer behind Prada and Miu Miu has altered 40 designs from her archives for Baz Luhrmann's big screen adaptation of 'The Great Gatsby'.

We were a little dismayed when we found out that Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby, starring Carey Mulligan and Leonardo DiCaprio, would no longer hit cinema screens in December and would instead premiere next summer. After all, the Twenties trend is roaring this season so we were hoping it would nicely round off the year that's seen a mini flapper girl revival.

But thankfully, the news that Miuccia Prada has been involved with the film's costumes is good enough to buoy our excitement and anticipation right up until the slated July 2013 release date.

The September issue of US Vogue has revealed that the movie's costume designer, Catherine Martin (who is also Luhrmann's wife), has collaborated with Miuccia to create Twenties-style gowns for actresses in the picture, choosing 40 dresses from both the Prada and Miu Miu archives to be adapted for the film.

"I usually try not to literally reference periods in my work, because that's not the way I think," Prada told the publication. "But when I worked on the costumes, I realized how many pieces could become very 1920s with a little intervention and another point of view."

It will be the third time the designer has worked with Baz Luhrmann having previously collaborated on his 1996 adaptation of Romeo & Juliet , for which she designed the suit Leonardo DiCaprio's Romeo wore during the wedding ceremony, and also for the series of short films that were featured in the Met's 'Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations' exhibition.

So, not only will Carey Mulligan's Daisy Buchanan and glamorous friends be dripping in Tiffany & Co jewels they'll be donning Prada gowns too. We can't wait.

Telegraph

Too bad the guy couldn't take pix, this is the same tweeter whose tweet I posted earlier about working on Wolf at Time Warner bldg

Daniel Grote@Dan_Grote

Was on set today with Martin Scorsese, Leonardo Dicaprio, and Matthew Macaughnahay... what a learning experience just form a few hours.

Hello girls!! :flower::flower:

First of all I need to say how much I loved the last two pics I saw here, that magazine cover was sensational...no words to describe how hot Leo was in it!! :woot::woot: And I must also say the darker hair looks great...dying here... :chicken:

Thanks for everything girls! :ddr: