Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

From today's People online

No guy, no problem! Katy Perry left rumored beau John Mayer at home Friday night while hitting West Hollywood's Bootsy Bellows. The singer, on hand to celebrate her brother David's birthday, kicked back as his band performed.

Hanging with her friend Markus Molinari and her stylist, Johnny Wujek, Perry "seemed very happy and she was really having fun," an onlooker tells PEOPLE.

Also unwinding at Bootsy Bellows Friday: Leonardo DiCaprio and pal Lukas Haas; venue owner David Arquette; and Glee's Naya Rivera, Chord Overstreet and Kevin McHale.

– Jennifer Garcia

Francis and Kat

Tks for articles/pix ; I see we are now in the 'engaged rumors' stage of our Leo girlfriend/tabloid cycle :p

Poor Leo and his girlfriends. They can never wear any type of ring on their wedding finger just for the heck of liking the ring. It gets everyone in a freak out cray mess. I notice Leo used to wear more rings when he was younger but I think when he became so famous, he just stopped so people wouldn't have something to speculate about.

BUT YES BABIES LEO. loololol. At least just one! ;)

001-ELLE-25-Musts-0812-xln-lgn.jpg

LEO AND CAREY PUT ON THE RITZ—IN 3-D!: BABYLON REVISITED

If you’ve ever read F. Scott Fitzgerald’s Jazz Age classic The Great Gatsby wishing you’d scored an invitation to one of the titular character’s legendary parties (and who hasn’t?), Baz Luhrmann’s lavish adaptation—in 3-D!—will be like a dream come true. The famously iconoclastic writer-producer-director (Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge) has concocted an operatic version of 1920s New York full to bursting with fast cars and feather-boa-bedecked flappers. Leonardo DiCaprio’s Jay Gatsby is cocktail-cool in crisp white suits, and Carey Mulligan—as the tragic hero’s idealized, longed-for love, Daisy Buchanan—is a gleaming, blond-bobbed vision in rhinestones and fur. Lest devoted Fitzgerald fans fear that this profusion of eye candy might obscure the finely wrought themes of passion, loss, and the incorruptibility of dreams that render Gatsby such a timeless tale, Mulligan has comforting words: “Baz has a real love for the novel and the characters,” she says, “so we really came together as a cast to try to tell the story as faithfully as possible.” Opening day is December 25; our champagne is already on ice. —April Long

http://www.elle.com/...ll-2012#slide-1

Poll: Who Should Play Frank Sinatra for Martin Scorsese?

There’s only one Frank Sinatra.

We doubt there is anyone – old, young or somewhere in the middle – that doesn’t immediately recognize that smooth voice, and feel a little cooler and sexier. He was a cultural icon with the kind of life (USO tours, Oscars, Las Vegas, the Rat Pack, supposed Mob ties, Ava Gardner…) just begging for a big-budget biopic.

Martin Scorsese (everyone’s dream director for a Sinatra movie) is currently in pre-production on “Sinatra,” and has given “The Hunger Games” screenwriter Billy Ray the heavy task of trying to compress the man into a manageable run time. Things are getting serious! All that’s missing now is Sinatra himself – or, rather, the man brave enough to step into those impeccably polished wingtips.

We’ve put together a list of guys we think might be up to the task, and included a poll so you can vote for the one you think could capture Old Blue Eyes best. Don’t agree with any of our six? Then make your case in the comments below.

Leonardo DiCaprio

DiCaprio is almost certainly in the running due to his close friendship with Scorsese, his taste for big biopics and his uncanny ability to wear retro suits and hats. He’s also a pretty close physical match to Sinatra – they’re both blue-eyed, sharp-jawed and share the same heart-melting grin. (DiCaprio will have to dye his hair, of course, but that will only make the blue eyes pop better.) We know DiCaprio can act the heck out of the part… but can he sing it? And can he loosen up to capture Sinatra’s effortless, swinging sultriness?

Source: http://www.film.com/movies/frank-sinatra-martin-scorsese

Poll: Who Should Play Frank Sinatra for Martin Scorsese?

There’s only one Frank Sinatra.

We doubt there is anyone – old, young or somewhere in the middle – that doesn’t immediately recognize that smooth voice, and feel a little cooler and sexier. He was a cultural icon with the kind of life (USO tours, Oscars, Las Vegas, the Rat Pack, supposed Mob ties, Ava Gardner…) just begging for a big-budget biopic.

Martin Scorsese (everyone’s dream director for a Sinatra movie) is currently in pre-production on “Sinatra,” and has given “The Hunger Games” screenwriter Billy Ray the heavy task of trying to compress the man into a manageable run time. Things are getting serious! All that’s missing now is Sinatra himself – or, rather, the man brave enough to step into those impeccably polished wingtips.

We’ve put together a list of guys we think might be up to the task, and included a poll so you can vote for the one you think could capture Old Blue Eyes best. Don’t agree with any of our six? Then make your case in the comments below.

Leonardo DiCaprio

DiCaprio is almost certainly in the running due to his close friendship with Scorsese, his taste for big biopics and his uncanny ability to wear retro suits and hats. He’s also a pretty close physical match to Sinatra – they’re both blue-eyed, sharp-jawed and share the same heart-melting grin. (DiCaprio will have to dye his hair, of course, but that will only make the blue eyes pop better.) We know DiCaprio can act the heck out of the part… but can he sing it? And can he loosen up to capture Sinatra’s effortless, swinging sultriness?

Source: http://www.film.com/...martin-scorsese

of everyone mentioned on that list, leo is BY FAR the most qualified, both on paper and physically speaking. he and frank have similar faces (and, as was mentioned, similar smiles) so it would be a match. plus, leo could easily embody frank's cool air and the way he carried and conducted himself. and with scorsese, leo will naturally be his first choice, because if i'm not mistaken, they've both been circling this film, no? i really hope things get moving with this project, i'd like to see leo officially attached to it.

but, on a semi-related note, i really hope The Irishman is what marty choses to do after Wolf. imagine if leo gets a role in that...bobby, joe, and leo together under scorsese's direction...i would cry with happiness for DAYS. and marty has been talking about getting leo and bobby together, so there's a perfect opportunity!!

Amitabh Bachchan talks about working on Gatsby

Amitabh: I can’t say much about the film but I can talk about my experience. The amount of time and effort they (director Baz Luhrmann and team) have put in research is just incredible. It’s beyond imagination for somebody like me because we have never experienced something like that here. But it’s incredible to be just an audience to this procedure. I was called first for a trial audition where we sat and just read through our lines repeatedly. So we first met at his house; the three actors that were involved in this scene of mine, which was Leonardo DiCaprio, Toby Maguire and myself. The three of us were just rereading the scene in his house eight, nine, 10 times just going through it again and again.

Anupama: Were you perplexed? Did you think, ‘Why do I need to do this?’

Amitabh: No I wasn’t. I’m an obedient servant in moments like these and I follow what Baz Luhrmann, this great director from Hollywood is saying and I’m following what this international idol called Leonardo DiCaprio is doing willingly. I dare not complain. So we did this and then we broke for lunch and then we went into this massive studio where the shooting was to take place. It was an empty floor and there were about 45 chairs put in a circle and microphones and the entire cast right from the person that’s going to play the doorman, were all there and we read this whole screenplay twice over again. And then he said ,‘Now when your portion comes, if you feel like giving movement to the lines that you’ve been given, then you’re free to do that’. So we got up and did our little thing. Then a live audience of some 40-45 people not connected with the film were then called to the studio and they sat there as an audience and once again we went through the entire script and played it.

Anupama: Do you want to do more work in Hollywood?

Amitabh: Yes, I would love to. We look upon and say Leonardo DiCaprio and Toby Maguire are such great artists and they are, but on set and otherwise they are like pupils who want to be taught and they are very obedient and want to be sincere in their work, no airs, no tantrums, just wonderful people.

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2012/08/15/the-front-row-amitabh-bachchan-on-the-great-gatsby-leonard-dicaprio/

I hate to say it but I DO NOT NOT NOT WANT Leo to do Sinatra. I'd love to see Martin make the movie and cast Leo as another character alongside the Frank role but I feel like I'd be underneath my chair, glued to the fabric due to major second hand embarrassment while watching Leo sing and dance and stuff as Frank. :blueeyedbaby: NOOO I DON'T WANT ITTT. :D

I hate to say it but I DO NOT NOT NOT WANT Leo to do Sinatra. I'd love to see Martin make the movie and cast Leo as another character alongside the Frank role but I feel like I'd be underneath my chair, glued to the fabric due to major second hand embarrassment while watching Leo sing and dance and stuff as Frank. :blueeyedbaby: NOOO I DON'T WANT ITTT. :D

i'm asking out of genuine curiosity here...why would you feel secondhand embarrassment over leo playing sinatra?

I have to be honest and I say I agree with bari. I never liked the idea of Leo playing Sinatra, I mean, I know Leo is a great, INCRIDIBLE actor and I believe in his talent and versatility but I don't know, I don't think this role is for him. I never thought, since I knew Scorsese consider Leo to play Sinatra I always thought hum... :/ I don't know. First because I don't think Leo can sing and probably would have to dub which is already weird to me, after because I think that to play such an icon like was Sinatra is such a big responsabilty to any actor and IF Leo don't overcome the expectations while playing this character?

But maybe Leo can play Sinatra, surprises me and shut my big mouth, but I'am saying all this because I love Leo and being honest. :hehe:

well, I know that Leo can play Sinatra, the problem for me is the story, an other biopic is too much, in other hand Leo is too Famous, and Sinatra is a monster of fame, so this make the things harder for the public, you know get involve in the character, I guess that it would be easier for a no so famous face to play Sinatra, Less criticism, with Leo could have a lot of eyes waiting him down, too much expectations, and of curse as I said Leo would do it but I want an other turn in his carrier.

i think that whoever ends up playing frank will probably lip-synch. martin mentioned in an interview that no one could compete with frank, so he'd just have the actor lip-synch the movie

i agree that that would be a little weird, but there are ways to film around that (camera angles, etc). and also, frank had a huge life outside of singing, so it's not like the actor would be on stage singing for a huge portion of the movie, you know?