Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Within the last year and a half Leo has really been reaching new highs in his career. First it was Shutter Island being his highest grossing opening weekend... then he tops himself with Inception just 5 months later in being his highest grossing opening weekend. It was his second highest grossing movie after Titanic which is very impressive seeing how long ago that was. Then shortly after that Forbes announced he was paid 50 million for Inception a new high. Then this year it was announced he would be paid 5 million for that Chinese commercial... highest any actor (or was it celeb) has gotten for an asian ad. Now for the first time in his career he is named the highest paid actor. His relationship with Blake is something we haven't seen before in any of his other relationships in terms of press (not that this is important but it goes with the theme of leo topping himself lol) All of this happened in such a short time! Now things seem to be quite positive for his role in J. Edgar... don't want to get my hopes to high but again things seem to be going very well for LEO!!!

agree you about that fash! you said really well! Leo's career grows and grows day by day! :cain:

Tweets with Tarantino! :D

soozieheo

My boss went to soho house last night and sat next to quentin tarantino, leonardo dicaprio and saw reese witherspoon! I neeeed to go

5 hours ago

melissacloutpr

Sitting just behind Leo DiCaprio who's having a pretty animated meeting with Quentin Tarantino. 1st trip to Soho House LA doesn't suck : ) http://4sq.com/oiGzKU

19 hours ago

Cool! Thanks JouJou :flower: , so the lovebirds are back together :blush:

From Deadline (which is SUPER reliable), info on J. Edgar:

Warner Bros Sets Its Oscar Season Dance Card

Though Warner Bros found itself in the Oscar race last year with Chris Nolan's Inception, awards season isn't usually when the studio shines. This year, Warner Bros finds itself with not one but two potential contenders in the Oscar race, and the studio has found a way to give both films space from each other. Warner Bros has set the Clint Eastwood-directed Leonardo DiCaprio-starrer J Edgar for a limited release on Wednesday, Nov. 9, with a wide release set for two days later. Eastwood produced with Imagine partners Brian Grazer and Ron Howard, and Robert Lorenz.

Thanks girls for all the news :wave: .

And thanks joujou by the tweets. Leo and Tarantino are celebrating the deal for the movie? I hope so, but... why in the Soho House? Fun :laugh: ! I liked.

It seems that the film's (J. Edgar) release date was postponed :cry: ... I knew that this delay in release of the trailer was weird. More time <_< .

Eastwood's 'J. Edgar' in November, 'Extremely Loud' On Christmas and Cuaron's Gravity Lands November 2012

Warner Bros. has set its Oscar schedule

Exhibitor Relations has just revealed Warner Bros. has finally officially dated Clint Eastwood's latest Oscar effort, J. Edgar, for a November 9 limited bow with a wide expansion two days later on November 11.

The biopic of controversial FBI director J. Edgar Hoover stars Leonardo DiCaprio in the title role and was written by Dustin Lance Black, the Oscar-winning screenwriter of Milk. Armie Hammer, Judi Dench, Ed Westwick, Josh Lucas, Naomi Watts, Stephen Root, Jeffrey Donovan and Miles Fisher co-star.

J. Edgar is currently set to avoid the festival circuit altogether though I still wouldn't be surprised if it was added to the Toronto slate late as Hereafter was last year. As for that November release, also opening on the 11th are Relativity's Immortals, Adam Sandler's Jack and Jill, Lars von Trier's Melancholia, the bully documentary The Bully Project and Darren Bousman's limited release thriller 11-11-11. In other words, it's a solid date for the feature with little-to-no adult-based competition releasing wide.

LINK

Fantastic new pix of Leo and Blake

Thanks to everyone who posted all the pix of the gorgeous duo :)

Looking at Leo's tan and sunkissed blonde hair, I can't wait to see our Jay Gatsby in his white linen suit . Leo's Gatsby be the Hottie of the Hamptons :hell yea!:

The bracelet Halo posted photo of and Jou an article about ??

I don't know if it is because I can't take my eyes off these new pix, but did someone report that Leo gave that bracelet to Blake ????

J Edgar new release date

Thanks to all for lastest J Edgar news :)

I see that now "J Edgar" will go wide on Leo's birthday :fun: :fun:

We sure know from Leo that good things happen on that day, so hope that extends to J Edgar :thumbsup:

L.A. Twitter sightings

Thanks to everyone for helping us learn that Leo is back in L.A. :)

Is Blake still there as well filming Savages ?

Leo's digs in Sydney

Leonardo DiCaprio struggles to find Sydney's West Egg for Gatsby filming

By Jonathan Chancellor

Thursday, 04 August 2011

Actor Leonardo DiCaprio, who's set to arrive later this month in Sydney to shoot the title role in The Great Gatsby film remake, has seemingly failed to secure his desired rental requirement of a harbourside Sydney bolthole with a tennis court.

DiCaprio, who topped the latest list of Hollywood's highest-earning actors according to Forbes.com, had his scouts looking for luxury rental lodgings with a $30,000 a week limit.

There are just 21 eastern suburb Sydney harbourfront homes with tennis courts, and eight have the tennis court directly on the water.

After the hunt for the very best of homes met dead ends over recent weeks, DiCaprio's search party has yet to sign off on any on the short list of alternate accommodation.

They really wanted a sports court for him, plus a gym, one leasing insider says. Perhaps the court was for tennis or maybe basketball?

Australian filmmaker Baz Luhrmann is set to film a new 3D version of The Great Gatsby in Sydney next month with backing from the US studio giant Warner Bros. Fox Studios at Centennial Park in Sydney will be the production base for the film, with other parts of NSW also to be used during the filming.

Gatsby tells the F. Scott Fitzgerald's story of Nick Carraway, played by Spiderman's Toby Maguire, an idealistic yet naive Midwesterner lured into the lavish world of glamorous parties and fast cars belonging to his millionaire neighbour Jay Gatsby, played by DiCaprio.

Forbes listed DiCaprio as earning US$77 million, jumping from fifth to first place, after two box office hits last year, Shutter Island and Inception, which between them earned more than US$1 billion.

In his next films he'll play FBI chief J. Edgar Hoover.

Forbes compiled its highest earning list based on earning after speaking to celebrity agents, lawyers, producers and industry insiders to estimate what each actor earned for the year ended May 1.

Jason Clarke, Carey Mulligan, Isla Fisher and Elizabeth Debicki, fresh out of the Victorian College of the Arts, are among the other actors set to arrive to help Luhrmann revive the American literary classic.

The production will inject more than $120 million into the NSW economy, with an estimated 275 crew during pre-production since March; then more than 400 cast and crew during principal photography, and the 150 in post-production and visual effects employment.

http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/new-sou...g/2011080451026

Thanks girls for the links and pics!!!!

So Blake gave that ring/braclette to Leo? How sweet :wub:

And so now J.Edgar is being released in November? Well I guess thats closer to award seaeson ;)

Also thanks for the info on Leos new pad in Sydney. Sounds very luxerious! :)

I just want to know how do you know that leo offer this bracelet/ring to blake there is an article or just a rumored about that ?

The jewlery company tweeted that she went and bought that from their company for leo. No article, just the twitter! :)

The tweet below mentions that Leo will be at Beverly Hills Hotel @ noon today, so I guess that is for the Hollywood Foreign Press luncheon that Kat mentioned in her post :)

Leo Dicaprio Will Be In Beverly Hills Today At Noon!: Leo Dicaprio will be at the Beverly Hills hotel at 12 noon... http://bit.ly/p5dLyu

1 hour ago

Kat

Thanks for information regarding bracelet that Halo posted photo of and Jou posted information about. As I wasn't sure WHO gave it to WHOM or how we know.

Now I do :)

Also, thanks, for Pop Sugar news about Leo attending HFP (Golden Globe organization )luncheon today. I'm sure is part of Warner's Oscar pus for "J Edgar"

It would seem that with Pop Sugar mentioning it and others tweeting about it in advance , we're sure to have pix. I can't wait :thumbsup:

Sic

Thanks for the Downtown magazine cover . I would like to get a copy of the mag ;)