Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

24 minutes ago, YouNoMe said:
  • Sheesh, I'm probably the only forum member around that voted against the flow of traffic. Leo is the best, a cheesy clichéd expression, but accurate. Dr. Mindy was just Rick Dalton with excessive facial hair, glasses, and a Ph.D., the academy probably betted on a later role for the chap. 

Is this really your opinion on Leo's performance in Don't Look Up?  

Britell who did the score for DLU has been nominated twice in the past for Oscars , so it could be he had going in more fans among Academy voters which helped him get a nod even though the song didn't :idk: 

But , like Akatosh above, I'm a fan of the DLU score  :thumbsup: 

Also regarding Ricardos = what is amazing is it wasn't nominated in ANY other category , yet got 3 acting nods  :idk: 

58 minutes ago, YouNoMe said:
  • Sheesh, I'm probably the only forum member around that voted against the flow of traffic. Leo is the best, a cheesy clichéd expression, but accurate. Dr. Mindy was just Rick Dalton with excessive facial hair, glasses, and a Ph.D., the academy probably betted on a later role for the chap. 

• As far as Lucifer goes, well Ms. @Mirella, I can't say I have seen it, simply because because I haven't. There's no television in my space and I'm too self-involved to get up and go to where one is. But I wonder what's Leo true stance on religion. He tackles the subject fairly, and a sense of deity throughout his projects.

• Being the Ricardos, I find the story of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz interesting, but I haven't gotten around to it.

I kinda like countdowns, I hope no one else has beaten me to this...but if so, when blaze with a supernova, one is bound for repetition.

I thought I was the only one not likening DR. Randall Mindy as a character. Nothing wrong with Leo's acting tho. Congrats to the other nominations. 🥳

Then you have missed out on a great series who surprisingly is well know by people that say that it is good even if they haven't seen it. I just heard about it and I am hooked. Not so much for the religious parts but the story and the way Tom Ellis, A Scorpio, plays the character. Who better to play a charming devil than a Scorpio? 

56 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Also regarding Ricardos = what is amazing is it wasn't nominated in ANY other category , yet got 3 acting nods  :idk: 

Maybe I should give it a try to make my own opinion of those stellar performances (at least according to most of the academy members). Now I'm actually a bit curious :p

Jade

Yes,  do check it out and let us know your take :)

I thought Kidman's performance was worthy of nod, but , for my taste, that was it .     I didn't feel Leo was more worthy of a nod than Will, Andrew, or Benedict , but I felt he was more worthy than Bardem 

Mirella

Forgot to respond to your text about Lucifer , yes, I watched that series on regular tv before it moved to streaming. 

I was a fan of Tom's in British comedy series Miranda, as well as,  the British series The Secrets of Crickley Hall & Monday Monday 

@BarbieErin The term just is quite criminal, isn't it? Without minimising the cascade of labour and action poured into this or any project; let there be redemption among this explanation. 

As I watched Don't Look Up I couldn't escape the parallels between Leonardo's Randy and his Rick. All in all, I find the film 🎥 good, but not great. What I saw in DLU was an out-of-touch, middle-aged man that had to be strong 💪 armed into reality--an expansion of Rick as my point-of-view interprets. 

Discovering the possibility Leo was offered to play Mark's character, Dr. Peter Isherwell as well as Dr. Mindy sparked the notion of each of the characters to portray a player on the opposing side. I wondered if that suggestion was ever on the table, to symbolise man's impedance to self, a civil war aspect concerning themes of the collective.  

The movie 🎬 offers slices of poignancy I loved ❤️ (e.g., the indigenous man upon the hill top performing what appeared to be a peace ritual and the incorporation of the Four Tops, Motown's greatest act. Another unpopular opinion). But as a whole, I found the execution, good not great. The very realistic portrait of one man's or human decision and everyone else's experience, carried the movie 🎦 over for me.  

@Mirella as far as Scorpios are concerned, no one can dimensionalise obsession and possession better than them. When I checked the actor's birthdays for the new Invisible Man, of course, the male lead would be a Scorpio . I've dated two, best roller coaster 🎢 ride of my life. They are attentive to detail, intuitive, sexually equipped, moody, unpredictable, impulsive, compassionate, decorative, the works. Even with my worse sufferings, with them, I'm ever willing to do it all again. Some people swear they are too aggressive, but how they pop up on a person really only shows initiative, arguably. 

3 hours ago, Mirella said:

I thought I was the only one not likening DR. Randall Mindy as a character. Nothing wrong with Leo's acting tho. Congrats to the other nominations. 🥳

Then you have missed out on a great series who surprisingly is well know by people that say that it is good even if they haven't seen it. I just heard about it and I am hooked. Not so much for the religious parts but the story and the way Tom Ellis, A Scorpio, plays the character. Who better to play a charming devil than a Scorpio? 

Oscars doesn't Support comedy movies.

For the devil part, Jack Nicholson is a  Taurus and he did a good job in ( the shining) 1980.😂

34 minutes ago, Magical said:

For the devil part, Jack Nicholson is a  Taurus and he did a good job in ( the shining) 1980.😂

That’s probably why Leo didn’t win for The Wolf of Wall Street. I’ll forever be annoyed Matthew McConaughey won over him.

^He won because he looked like this...

mcconaughey.gif.74fddef96aa3083f2853bdf7a16509f9.gif

... and not like this anymore.

d7fcde287281b2294250bec44f057120.thumb.gif.f50199e9c4499caf435e50973e0aac35.gif

No offense to Matthew. I actually like him.

Didn't win Jack Nicholson for a comedic performance as best actor in 1998? He's always coming to my mind because Leo was snubbed back then for the lesser known ship DRAMA on sea lol

giphy-3-1519684970.thumb.gif.d1ea54195b456a28f245c687820934f1.gif

Just because he looked super hot even in orange

MV5BMTg1MTQwMjQwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzQ2Njgz._V1_.thumb.jpg.92b768c6030f638066395c152ac96f76.jpg

7 hours ago, Magical said:

I can't understand why. Didn't Margot say that it was harder to play a cheerful Sharon than tap into the darkness? In the Canne press thing, I think. For Once upon a time in Hollywood. 

Haven't seen the Shining so I take your word for it. The only thing I hear people with Taurus in their sun is that they like sex. They can't shut up about it. I can see a Scorpio likening that. 😂

Taurus is ruled by Venus and is all about pleasure. Cheers to everyone that have that placement. 🌞 Hope you having a good time and if you don't find a Scorpio.🙃

10 hours ago, YouNoMe said:

@BarbieErin The term just is quite criminal, isn't it? Without minimising the cascade of labour and action poured into this or any project; let there be redemption among this explanation. 

As I watched Don't Look Up I couldn't escape the parallels between Leonardo's Randy and his Rick. All in all, I find the film 🎥 good, but not great. What I saw in DLU was an out-of-touch, middle-aged man that had to be strong 💪 armed into reality--an expansion of Rick as my point-of-view interprets. 

Discovering the possibility Leo was offered to play Mark's character, Dr. Peter Isherwell as well as Dr. Mindy sparked the notion of each of the characters to portray a player on the opposing side. I wondered if that suggestion was ever on the table, to symbolise man's impedance to self, a civil war aspect concerning themes of the collective.  

The movie 🎬 offers slices of poignancy I loved ❤️ (e.g., the indigenous man upon the hill top performing what appeared to be a peace ritual and the incorporation of the Four Tops, Motown's greatest act. Another unpopular opinion). But as a whole, I found the execution, good not great. The very realistic portrait of one man's or human decision and everyone else's experience, carried the movie 🎦 over for me.  

@Mirella as far as Scorpios are concerned, no one can dimensionalise obsession and possession better than them. When I checked the actor's birthdays for the new Invisible Man, of course, the male lead would be a Scorpio . I've dated two, best roller coaster 🎢 ride of my life. They are attentive to detail, intuitive, sexually equipped, moody, unpredictable, impulsive, compassionate, decorative, the works. Even with my worse sufferings, with them, I'm ever willing to do it all again. Some people swear they are too aggressive, but how they pop up on a person really only shows initiative, arguably. 

The roller coaster thing. "I hate that I love you". I have never loved someone harder but at the same time wanting to do what Dr. Randall Mindy's wife did with his medicine bottles. The weird thing is that they adore you for it.

"Try to hit me in the nuts". 

They push you harder than anyone to become who you truly are. So make sure that your soul is for loyalty and truth otherwise they will push the part of you that isn't. That is never a pretty sight. 

wOxppvO7JEhzzgjBrH.thumb.gif.823f7e0278af9e854a0601079621098f.gif

I didn't like that Dr. Randall became the pretty boy in Don't look up but I guess that is a true reflection of what would go on on social media. 

I was either him or Kate and she is too outspoken to get in that category. Major F-u with her. 😂 

pJvDbzm1AUbiHT9eNc.thumb.gif.97c6299d7ad8348f4270c208235df7b7.gif