Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

@MirellaTotally agree with you. It's his famous face, his life, his career, his reputation, his image... he has to protect it of all costs. I would do the same in his position to be honest. Hollywood is toxic and when you decide to live there you have to handle it to survive. Sounds a bit dramatic but it's how the business there works. It doesn't end with a director yelling "cut". Your whole life there is on stage :D

Spoiler

PR isn't just about pap strollz so LOL at Tom Cruise not doing it. His whole recent MI 7 shoot flirting with co star Hayley Atwell was a freaking PR stunt :rofl: Same with Brad Pitt (practically his whole life with Angelina and the kids were staged; same for him and Jennifer Aniston sry to disappoint you)

Just for the record :

https://www.therichest.com/world-entertainment/15-paparazzi-shots-of-celebs-youll-never-believe-are-fake/

2 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

@MirellaTotally agree with you. It's his famous face, his life, his career, his reputation, his image... he has to protect it of all costs. I would do the same in his position.

I can talk about him all day❤ So sweet and creative. Always does his best while being polite and caring. Thinks before he speaks and he wants quality in life. I adore him for his brilliance. How he built up all this from such a young age. I don't know many people intelligent enough to do that. How can you not be amazed? ❤ Love him. 

Not a new story but worth for Sharon Stone to write about it :p It's PR too btw lol

Sharon Stone Paid Leonardo DiCaprio's Salary For 'The Quick and the Dead'

Sharon Stone is opening up about what she personally did to ensure that Leonardo DiCaprio was cast in The Quick and the Dead.

In an excerpt from her new book, “The Beauty of Living Twice”, the 63-year-old star recalled the time when she had to fight the studio making the 1995 film to cast Leo, who was about 21 at the time.

The movie centered on a woman gunslinger (played by Sharon) who visits a frontier town and clashes with its leader (Gene Hackman).

As a producer on the movie, Sharon revealed that she paid for Leo’s salary herself after studio TriStar Pictures refused to cast him.

“This kid named Leonardo DiCaprio was the only one who nailed the audition,” she wrote. “In my opinion he was the only one who came in and cried, begging his father to love him as he died in the scene.”

She went on, revealing that the studio pushed back on Leo and asked her “Why an unknown, Sharon, why are you always shooting yourself in the foot?”

“The studio said if I wanted him so much, I could pay him out of my own salary. So I did.”

Source

@SlivaHe doesn't call the paps on a regular basis that's correct. He is one of the handful of A lists in hollywood that last. But he has two upcoming projects. Especially "Killers of The Flower Moon" is so big no regular movie studio wanted to finance it despite Leo and Martin freaking Scorsese. If you pay attention you can see a pattern how Leo works with the media (sometimes it's subtle sometimes it's so obvious it hurts lol). It's actually quite simple. Mostly it's bad press, rumors about his love life or a movie shooting and while promoting a movie when his PR machine starts to work.

Or when he's doing a pap walk for one example Allbirds. If this isn't obvious I don't know what is. They even pointed out JUST THE SHOES I mean c'mon guys :rofl:

leo-shoes.jpg.a4aac228ebdd60695c5b78a442d967b9.jpg

Source (those pics are from getty images = staged; just saying.... you can see through the system once you know it)

Or this one. Do you really think this is a coincidence? It's like a commercial (be sure Leo got paid for doing this) LOL

new-balance-Leo_HP.jpg

Source

Seeing Leo cristal clear from tip to toe showing those shoes even from different angles? Please :D It's PR on his finest (and it's backgrid = staged)

38891834-0-image-a-124_1612465827314.jpg 38891850-0-image-m-125_1612465830257.jpg

Source

Like you see even pics from a movie set are staged and full PR for the upcoming movie. It's just how hollywood makes sure people getting interested in the movie (plus some brands lol) and far more important to watch the damn movie in the end. It's called show business for a reason.

Spoiler

Why do you think Harry Styles and Olivia Wilde are dating right now? They have to promote a fucking movie everyone is now aware thx to their little pr stunt LOL

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

Seeing Leo cristal clear from tip to toe showing those shoes even from different angles? Please :D It's PR on his finest (and it's backgrid = stage)

38891834-0-image-a-124_1612465827314.jpg 38891850-0-image-m-125_1612465830257.jpg

Source

If it's a PR, it doesn't not detract from his awesomeness😋

I want to say, if all celebs sightings are staged, it still looks fine and not became less likable (I really enjoyed pics of Ana De Armas and Ben Affleck, despite they were obviously staged. Don't judge me lol). 

47 minutes ago, Lilja K said:

If it's a PR, it doesn't not detract from his awesomeness😋

I want to say, if all celebs sightings are staged, it still looks fine and not became less likable (I really enjoyed pics of Ana De Armas and Ben Affleck, despite that was obviously staged. Don't judge me lol). 

Well like I said before PR isn't a bad thing. It's just a regular part of his life/job. I would even say it's nothing special in hollywood because everyone is doing it. And yes even A listers like Leo, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt etc from time to time. Not saying Leo's doing it all the time. But he's A list for some reason. Such a long lasting high status doesn't come from doing nothing and if someone knows how the business works than it's Leo. He's doing things like this probably in his sleep lol

Haha, I loved Ben and Ana too, PR relationship or not :p

Ooh, I like this one!  Wish I qualified for it.

MARCH 31, 2021

Male Stand-Ins Needed
for Major Feature Film
Adult Males, 5'10" - 6'2" Tall Are Needed For Multiple Days

A major motion picture, soon to film in Oklahoma, is looking for male stand-ins to appear for multiple days in the project. These persons must be over the age of 18, and be between the heights of 5'10" and 6'2".

They also must be available to work multiple days, perhaps even full time from early April until the end of August. Ideally, persons should live within a short drive from the Pawhuska, OK area, or have access to housing nearby, since call times could be as early as 4:00 or 5:00 am and shoot days could last 12 hours or so.

A stand-in works closely with the camera crew, standing in place of principal actors between shots, while camera and lighting adjustments are made. The job requires attentiveness, professionalism and patience.

Pay for the stand-ins is $15/hour with a guarantee of 8 hours per day. Any week over 40 hours will incur overtime.

Cute article from a german journalist/grown ass woman/huge Leo fan we can probably all identify with :p via google translator so probably not the best translation

I like when she wrote his obsession with models is like our obsession with him. Kinda true, never thought about it that way :D

Leonardo DiCaprio: My eternal love

leonardo-dicaprio.jpg

Our author loves Leonardo DiCaprio. Since 25 years. Maybe even more today than on the first day. Could be because it's some kind of long distance relationship.

When I watched the moment on Youtube again when Leonardo DiCaprio finally got the Oscar, I watched myself: I had moved to the very end of my chair, my hands were folded and I felt a distant smile on my face. I was a little shocked to realize that even after 25 years I am still as much a fan girl as I was as a teenager, half-heartedly tried to find my way back to a state of reason and dignity, but then let it go. Basically, my behavior was only appropriate - given this magnificence.

No place for another man

Since Leo looked at me through an aquarium with slightly parted lips in 1996, my world has not been the same. Even if this look was not aimed at me, but at Claire Danes, who was in a situation while filming "Romeo + Juliet" for which I would still give life and limb. I was 17 years old at the time and in the cinema with my boyfriend. It was the last movie we saw together. After that, my heart didn't have any room for a man other than the one who was so beautiful that he actually belonged in a museum.

For the first and only time I became a real fan. Mark Owen, Johnny Depp, Nick Carter - none of them could trigger a changed heart rate in me. Only Leonardo DiCaprio hit like a bomb. I painted it with pencil, charcoal and ink, and in art class at the Waldorf School I made a bust of Leo out of clay. I made a pilgrimage to Oer-Erkenschwick to look his grandma Helene in the living room window (didn't bring anything, third floor!), At 19 I booked a flight to Los Angeles to breathe the same air as him.

When I got my first job at a magazine, I saw my big moment come: We young editors got to meet the star of our youth. The wishes of the colleagues could be fulfilled, only mine was too big. In the end I was sitting in a pedal boat swan with Patrick Bach, my back-up, and at least tried to feel the crackling of the dying embers that a fire like Leo would have left in me. The only consolation was that I asked my actual idol "Would you have liked me back then?" did not have to ask.

Leo, the savior of the world!

No, he wouldn't have liked me. Because Leo likes top models and I'm not. I don't blame him for this little weakness, because my admiration for him falls into a similar category. Even if it helps my euphoria that he is committed to climate protection, I love him for less venerable reasons: Back then for every single, perfect strand of hair, for the way he smoked, breathed. Today for this Hollywood icon elegance, paired with a coolness, for which others would first have to tuck three surfboards under their arms. My god, Leo!

My heart is still beating faster at every rental bike station, as I know that he is constantly gurgling through the metropolises of the world with these things. He, the best actor of our time, the savior of the world! I can hardly understand that someone does not share my enthusiasm. If it had been up to me, he would not have been kept waiting for the Oscar for decades, but would have been sent to Mama Irmelin 46 years ago directly to the maternity ward. Simply for its existence.

Source

14 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Cute article from a german journalist/grown ass woman/huge Leo fan we can probably all identify with :p via google translator so probably not the best translation

I like when she wrote his obesession with models is like our obsesseion with him. Kinda true, never thought about it that way :D

yup yup basically me ;)---- and I agree that I fell in love with the man in that aquarium scene. 😅 We grew up very humble- one Christmas all I asked for was the Romeo & Juliet VHS so I could rewind that once scene over and over again. 🤣Now kids can just go to youtube to watch things but I can guarantee you it's not as fun.

18 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

That was a sweetly written article. ❤