Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thanks Shirah :hug:

I know both Django and Gatsby don't release until december, but with all the new releases and stuff going on at Comic Con etc I'm a little bit bummed we're not getting any new Leo-material.

Seriously Baz, I'm waiting, give it to meeeeee

post-45017-0-1446083507-3553_thumb.gif

I love the way how people describe Leo..."this good looking guy"...."hunk"...."Hollywood Heartthrob" so many adjectives! :rofl:

But come on...the guy is really handsome...for me the most handsome man in Hollywood! :wub2:

Tks for the articles and tweets and vids girls!Flower%20for%20you.gif

Some more comments about Leo's performance in Django/ his work ethic

Perhaps one of the biggest surprises to Jamie was the tenacity of co-star Leonardo DiCaprio, who plays a sinister plantation owner in the gritty film.

"Leo really came to play, man. I mean, from looking outside of Leonardo DiCaprio's life you would think he's a good looking guy who dates the models and has this sort of superstar life," Jamie said, of his initial impression of Leo. "[but] he came in with his lunch pail and just really got really, really got down and pushed the envelope of the movie to where you couldn't sleep because you wanted to get on set and be on your toes, because he was really bringing it!"

Adding, "To watch him and Quentin work together, it was just amazing to see the performance he got out of him. And him and Samuel Jackson together -- bad guys, but at the same time I think only these guys could play these [villains] because [they're] just amazing."

http://movies.yahoo...._medium=twitter

Shirah

Tks for all the Comic Con/Django vids :)

ByPrincess

Tks for pix , old or new, always good to have some Leo eye candy to see when I login :)

Gosh, Leo cut his hand on the set one day, more Foxx talking about DiCaprio as Calvin ,etc

Let me tell you something, first of all, he's 6' 2,"" Jamie told us before the Comic-Con panel for the Quentin Tarantino-directed film. "He comes in there with all the good looks, you know, he's on the tabloids with the models and everybody's thinking, 'Is he going to be that guy?'"

Of course, Jamie is referring to the perennial People's Sexiest Man Alive's penchant for dating Victoria's Secret's elite like Bar Refaeli and Erin Heatherton and frequent cover gal and leggy fashionista, Blake Lively

So is he?

Jamie continued, "Then he is absolutely his character. It makes you go back to your hotel room and really get yourself together because you know you have to be tight. I think that it was great for him, because I know he shies away from the commercial films. He doesn't like a commercial film, he wants to be the student."

And Jamie says Leonardo was definitely committed to bringing his usual brand of intensity to this baddie role.

"There is one scene, I think I can let out of the bag, where he finds us out, who we are, and he's angry with us and slams his hand on the table every take," Jamie explained. "Every take is hard. I'm like, 'Wow.' And one take, somehow the shot glass slid to where his hand is supposed to be, slams his hand on the table and breaks the shot glass."

Squeamish readers, this is your warning to turn away now!

"It goes through his hand. There's blood. And he's still going. And I'm like a little girl, I've got my hands up," Jamie recalled, switching into a girly tone. "'He's so courageous! He's an Avenger!'...People came up, gave him a standing ovation, if that's any indication of how he is. He was amazing."

i hope we get some vegas candids of leo and tobey together, i'd like to see the state of leo's beard/hair!

And Jamie says Leonardo was definitely committed to bringing his usual brand of intensity to this baddie role.

"There is one scene, I think I can let out of the bag, where he finds us out, who we are, and he's angry with us and slams his hand on the table every take," Jamie explained. "Every take is hard. I'm like, 'Wow.' And one take, somehow the shot glass slid to where his hand is supposed to be, slams his hand on the table and breaks the shot glass."

Squeamish readers, this is your warning to turn away now!

"It goes through his hand. There's blood. And he's still going. And I'm like a little girl, I've got my hands up," Jamie recalled, switching into a girly tone. "'He's so courageous! He's an Avenger!'...People came up, gave him a standing ovation, if that's any indication of how he is. He was amazing."

ugh i have the biggest hearts in my eyes. this is exactly why leo is my favorite.

Neon

Gosh, that must have really hurt ; I wonder if they had to pick splintered glass out of Leo's hand !

there's no doubt in my mind that they did. my brother cut his elbow/arm open on a shattered wine glass when he was a kid and the doctors had to pick shards out. if leo actually *slapped* the glass down, there must have been little bits of glass in his hand.

i'm just glad that leo didn't do any serious damage, he could have very easily cut a muscle/tendon and paralyzed his hand/a few fingers D: i wonder if he has a visible scar now!

ByPrincess

Tks for new pix ! :)

Well, it looks like Neon got her answer has to whether Leo had his full beard or not :p

Neon

Gosh, I was so shocked by the idea of the broken glass sticking out his hand, I didn't even think about possibly cutting a tendon !!!

ByPrincess

Tks for new pix ! :)

Well, it looks like Neon got her answer has to whether Leo had his full beard or not :p

Neon

Gosh, I was so shocked by the idea of the broken glass sticking out his hand, I didn't even think about possibly cutting a tendon !!!

i know, that's the quickest i've ever had a wish answered ;)

but yeah cutting hands is awful :( my mom sliced her finger open once, she almost cut a tendon. one of my teachers in high school actually did slice a tendon so now she can't move her middle finger. hands are literally the worst places to get cuts, especially the palm. i can't even imagine how much that hurt leo, there are /so many/ nerve endings in the hand D:

can't help but wonder if they ended up going with that take...maybe they'll mention it in the commentary (getting way ahead of myself, but i hope the cast records a commentary for the film!)