Bellazon

Allie Crandell
Thumbnail

post-11221-0-1446075234-03979_thumb.jpg

THE INSIDER: ALLIE FROM THE CITY

Whitney Port's BFF talks about her ah-mazing life. Plus: those photos!

When Hills star Whitney Port moved to New York this year, the drama shifted from Heidi and Spencer's follies to the real-life workings of the Manhattan fashion world.

Moving and shaking that world was Whitney's boss, the iconic Diane Von Furstenberg, and One Models, the agency responsible for more big names than a Marc Jacobs catwalk.

Whitney's new friend Allie Crandell was one of those names, but she was also a great TV character: enigmatic, sympathetic, and surprisingly hysterical. In between campaigns and runways, Allie lived her life on camera, showing her push-and-pull relationship with boyfriend Adam Senn (also a model) and a NYLON photo shoot that tested their trust.

We caught Allie for a few questions about her newfound fame - and two seconds later, we spotted her on a billboard, as the new face of Tracy Feith for Target!

What's your full name? Alexandra Crandell

Hometown? Sacremento, CA

How did you become a model? I sent Polaroids to agencies my senior year in high school.

How did you end up on an MTV show? They cast my boyfriend as a main character, so I got pulled in with him!

What's something about being a model that people wouldn't really know? You never know your schedule until the day before.

What's something about being on reality television that people wouldn't really know? It's stressful!

Is it odd watching parts of your life set to an MTV soundtrack? Extremely! But it's also really fun!

What's your favorite place in New York City? My new apartment! It's the first place I've lived that's mine!

After modeling, you will be... Who knows! I have so many passions in life, I could see myself doing a number of things.

Name the first five obsessions that come into your head. Massages, shopping, scented candles, anything peppermint, Splenda!

(source: Faran Krentcil for NYLON Magazine)

And the Photoshoot:

post-11221-1242238731_thumb.jpg post-11221-1242238745_thumb.jpg post-11221-1242238754_thumb.jpg

post-11221-1242238764_thumb.jpg post-11221-1242238775_thumb.jpg post-11221-1242238784_thumb.jpg

post-11221-1242238793_thumb.jpg post-11221-1242238802_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...