Bellazon

Football

goose

What is your starting 11 for the tournament?

----------------------Buffon-----------------

Zambrotta--Cannavaro--Thurham--Lahm

----M.Rodriguez----Pirlo-----Gattuso------

--------------------Zidane-------------------

------------Klose----------Torres-----------

Buffon: Kept Italy in everygame with some spectacular saves

Zambrotta: Made some inspired runs down the flanks, and defended well

Cannavaro: The player of the Tournament, well for me anyways, it didn't look like anyone could get by him for the whole tournament

Thurham: Kept the French defence organized, and a spectacular game against Portugal

Lahm: Made some great runs, and scored theat fantastic goal in the first game

Maxi Rodriguez: Makes the team just for that goal against Mexico

Pirlo: Operated the entire Italy attack, I just hope he plays this well for Milan this year

Gattuso: He's just a warrior

Zidane: He carried France all the way to the final, and with his red card went France's hopes of a World Cup

Klose: Led the tournamnet in goals

Torres: Was great in the group stage, and than quieted of against France, He dosen't really deserve to be there but I just can't think of another striker

the italian guy called zidanne's sister a whore. that's why zidanne hit him.

a brasilian journal translated. what an asshole. i would hit him too.

Seriously, you'd think that after playing a decade of professional sport, that stuff would just roll off your back. I've heard some professional athletes from different sports talk about "sledging" (verbal harrassment) from opponents and how they cope with it. Many said that comments about their family and loved ones weren't offensive anymore. I thought it'd take something really offensive to anger Zizou that badly. Maybe he just has a really close realtionship with his sister? :)

the first article I saw about the incident (maybe AP?) kind of went on about how Zizou has a history of getting sent off, and it's no surprise that this happened. there was no bile in it, but still, the point of the article was that this guy is not a sportsman.

difficult to say at this point. my mom and her sister are collecting news for me from France today. I'm eager to see how this all unfolds.

and as many keep saying, you can call my sister a cheap whore that serviced the whole Italian team the night before, I'm not going to lose my cool like that. the way to retaliate is to win the match.

If there were Rooney or any other quick-tempered footballer i wouldn't be surprised with that ''hit'' but it's really weird Zizou did it.

I suddenly remembered a Turkey-England match which Turkish footballer Alpay and Beckham had a row and then Becks said:''He made comments about my mother.'' :rofl:

Apparently the Zizou incident all started after Materazzi nipple-crippled Zizou (can you spell queer? :shock:)

Anyway, an argument started and somewhere in between Materazzi said something along the lines of "I hope you and your family die horrible deaths" Apparently Zizou found out his mum was seriously ill that day as well.

If all the above is correct I can certainly understand why he reacted like that :(

Alternative explanation:

Materazzi said "I bet I can do a better impersonation of a rhino than you can!" and Zidane accepted the challenge.