Bellazon

Football

goose

sorry if I'm flogging a dead horse :)

but I can't wait for the conclusion of this hearing...

MILAN, Italy (AP) -- Italy defender Marco Materazzi insisted that French soccer star Zinedine Zidane deserved to be named best player at the World Cup despite his actions in Sunday's final.

Zidane was sent off for head-butting Materazzi in the chest after the two exchanged words in extra time. The game finished 1-1 and Italy won its fourth title in a penalty shootout.

ADVERTISEMENT

FIFA is investigating Zidane and said Thursday it has opened disciplinary proceedings into Materazzi for his conduct in World Cup final. World soccer's governing body said it started the investigation after receiving initial statements from Zidane.

Journalists still selected Zidane for the Golden Ball award, and Materazzi disagreed with FIFA president Sepp Blatter's suggestion that the 34-year-old French captain could be stripped of the title.

"He won it for what he did on the pitch," Materazzi told the Gazzetta dello Sport. "He was the best."

Materazzi acknowledged he insulted Zidane, who he called his "hero," without giving specifics.

"I didn't say anything to him about racism, religion or politics," Materazzi said. "I didn't talk about his mother, either. I lost my mother when I was 15 and even now I still get emotional talking about her."

Speaking on Canal-Plus television on Wednesday, Zidane didn't reveal what Materazzi said, but indicated the insults related to his mother and sister.

FIFA has summoned both players to a hearing of its disciplinary committee July 20.

Zidane, who retired after his 108th appearance for France, stressed that he felt no regret about his outburst "because that would mean (Materazzi) was right to say all that."

"My act is not forgivable," Zidane said. "But they must also punish the true guilty party, and the guilty party is the one who provokes."

I've read that Del Piero will stay with Juve regardless of them being relegated or not. He is reported as having said "A knight won't abandon his Lady".

Class act. (Y)

Del Piero is a class act :thumbsup:

I expect him to be with Juve for the rest of his career

Nedved has also said he'll stay at Juve if they are relegated (Y)

When I watched the champions getting back at Italy, there was a slogan that I'll always remember: 'Zidane terrorist' Hello? There was a rumour that Materazzi said that to Zidane. People tend to judge from nationality and religion, which is really sad. Football isn't like it used to be.

So Milan gets to stay in Serie A, but they don't get to play the champions league?

the notice gazzetta dello sport

this is what it says the gazetta of the sport, the newspaper that for first has written the telephone calls and is the newspaper managed from the group of Berlusconi, but the sentence is to 19 is said,

Bruce Arena is out.

Klinsmann has 'no offer' and USFF has 'not offered' him the job. i.e. they're haggling details. it's his job if he wants it, otherwise looks like someone with US experience, like sigi schmidt

Italy seems to have broken the World Cup trophy, a few days after winning it. Pictures on the front page of the Italian newspaper Il Messaggero show the Italian captain, Fabio Cannavaro, staring at the trophy in dismay and holding up what looks like a piece of green malachite from the trophy's base. Cannavaro admitted that he slept with the trophy on the night Italy won the final against France, but it seems he has been a little overly affectionate. The winners of the FIFA World Cup trophy are entitled to hold on to it until the following tournament, although it remains the property of FIFA.

maybe France would have taken better care of it :) even if I root Italy, I strangely seem to support France more. <_<

the sentence official :drool: :drool: :drool: :p :p

giraudo 5 anni inibizione proposta radiazione

juventus in b 30 punti

milan 44 punti penalizzazione e 25 prossimo no champions

So from what little Italian I know, Juve goes down to second with -30 points.

Milan gets -44 this season and -25 next season and doesn't get to play in the Champions league.