Bellazon

Football

goose

Who does everybody support on here ed?

Hello, TheEnigma, my name is Frederick (not literally) and I support Aston Villa and Borussia Dortmund. My favourite colour is green and I enjoy walks along the beach and the films of Kevin Bacon. Inexplicably I don't have a thread in the Guys of Bellazon section.

:D

How do you think Villa will do this season? Might have lost Young & Downing but still have some good players.

Rather tight opening week in Fantasy, with only 12 points seperating top from bottom in our little league. Didn't take long to make my first gross error of judgement, either. Playing Al Habsi in goal ahead of Given seemed like a good idea at the time, though I forget exactly why. :unsure:

Yes i am.

Yay someone to complain to about our awesomeness! :bounce:

As you know, Freddy = Villa and Dortmund.

M* = Sunderland

SS = Barca and Brugge I think

eNe = Arsenal

Berno = Manyoo :yukky:

Baron = Portsmouth and ummm...:unsure: ....don't hit me Baron :ninja:

Did I miss anyone?

Hello, TheEnigma, my name is Frederick (not literally) and I support Aston Villa and Borussia Dortmund. My favourite colour is green and I enjoy walks along the beach and the films of Kevin Bacon. Inexplicably I don't have a thread in the Guys of Bellazon section.

:D

How do you think Villa will do this season? Might have lost Young & Downing but still have some good players.

Don't forget the new arrival, McLeish!

Yes i am.

Yay someone to complain to about our awesomeness! :bounce:

As you know, Freddy = Villa and Dortmund.

M* = Sunderland

SS = Barca and Brugge I think

eNe = Arsenal

Berno = Manyoo :yukky:

Did I miss anyone?

:thumbsup:

^ :mad:

You're lucky I'm a lover, not a fighter...

So was I the only one who regretted not picking up Aguero for my FF team last night? :D
^As usual I'm a week late to join this(!) - but patriotism assured that he was going to be in my team anyways (particularly as I don't really know what's going on with Tevez) along with El Galgo Guttiérez. But I guess I won't see any dividends now. :/

Pretty much everything will start on Gameweek 2 due to technical difficulties on the first week. So if you haven't signed up, SIGN UP FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!! :chicken:

Sorry Baron, I should've remembered...after all it is B + anfield.

Unlimited free transfers until the next deadline. Quick - everyone buy Aguero! :chicken:

Wonder if there are any lapsed visitors to the football thread (not including eNe, who I've already PMed) who still frequent other parts of the forum? Currently pondering the idea of making a late recruitment drive for the league. :unsure:

Pretty much everything will start on Gameweek 2 due to technical difficulties on the first week. So if you haven't signed up, SIGN UP FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!! :chicken:

Sorry Baron, I should've remembered...after all it is B + anfield.

There is an option to reset all points to start from Week 2. :whistle:

Hey there people :wave:

Cesc deal finally went through. And Nasri is likely to leave. In a local news portal I had read that Wenger had said "If we can't keep them, we're not a great team." And sadly it's true to a degree. We lost/are losing two of our best players, and especially Cesc will be hard to replace. But more importantly we've lost prestige.

Against Udinese we were lucky to not concede any goals. They were better from start to end.

Plus there are rumors in Turkey that Arshavin is really likely to join Eboue in Galatasaray as soon as Arsenal buys some other player. I was always pro of Wengers find talents and develope them strategy, but this is getting ridiculous. If we can't keep our players, it's time to spend the money we get. :mad:

On a positive note: At least Juventus looked pretty good against Inter. :)

I'm a big fan of Arshavin but not surprised to hear rumours of his exit. With the exception of the Champions League first leg game against Barcelona, where he appeared to be briefly possessed by the spirit of Nigel De Jong, he came nowhere near to replicating the performances of the previous year and indeed, spent most of last season looking decidedly overweight.

Always thought Mikel Arteta would be a ready made replacment for Fabregas when the inevitable transfer to Barca eventually happened. A class player when fit but much like Van Persie, his reputation as an injury prone player seems to precede him at this point.

So how are Juve shaping up this year? I'm totally out of touch with the Italian game these days. :(

Last thing Everton would need at this point is to lose Arteta! :ninja:

I'm not ready to lose faith in Arsenal just yet, but Arsene will have to bring someone in to fill the huge creative hole the departure of Cesc and the impending departure of Nasri have created.

They combined for 13 goals and 15 assists from midfield last season, just in the league. Unless they can bring someone in to pick up the slack, they will struggle to score. We've already seen that vs. Newcastle and Udinese.