Bellazon

Kate Dillon
Thumbnail

Korravai

post-16964-0-1446070010-68216_thumb.jpg

Cute pic, but kinda sad at the same time... it's interesting how so many of those early plus-pics have her looking vulnerable, rather than confident & strong.

Here's a link to post-16964-0-1446070010-62366_thumb.jpg from last Spring, featuring an amazingly confident Kate pic which made it into at least one of the UK mags:

post-16964-0-1446070010-75546_thumb.jpg

... and here's a link to more of the article with a pic that I wish I'd seen last year... Kate's "Man, I feel like a Woman" pose! :laugh:

this pic is form vogue's first shape issue, 2002-- kate was photographed by helmut newton :heart:

the only pic from this shoot i can find is this teeny tiny pic.. i was hoping suffolk lad or maybe korravai might

have an idea on where to find the whole ed, because it is GORGEOUS

post-19078-0-1446070012-52006_thumb.jpg

Oooh, I wondered when this one was gonna come up! Especially when (at the time it was published) a few plus-size advocates on the web were complaining that it was, umm... "lacking a suitable degree of elegance"... would be the most polite term.

Yep, I do know where you can find the whole editorial, just come on over to my place and I'll show it to you! :laugh:

Last year, I was lucky enough to find a pristine copy of that Vogue issue on eBay, ordered it PDQ, and for the most part I've kept it in its plastic wrapper ever since it arrived!

As you might know, the whole ed used to be available on the BWGreyscale site... until nasty ol' Conde Nast (boo hiss) placed a cease & desist order on the site, demanding the removal of all pics scanned from Vogue & related magazines. (Which is why I needed to buy the mag on eBay...)

Wish I had a scanner, and a spare copy of the mag so I could remove the pages & show them to y'all.

Oh, and did I mention... the pic above is one of my absolute Kate faves, shows off her sense of fun & her quirky outlook on life.

And did I also mention... the guy in the pics... especially in the first pic where he's holding hands with Kate... looks a lot like I did 10 years ago!

(Okay, okay, give or take a bicep or two! ;) )

post-18834-1203808387_thumb.jpg

K -- I think the one above got mangled in the posting, so I've put it up again.

BTW, Love those Kate ads for L'Oreal, definitely have a thing for gorgeous silky red hair :blush:

I was tempted to buy a Kate wall poster of her longest & waviest hair ad, but it was priced at £50 ($100) and it vanished from the poster website before I could afford it...

this pic is form vogue's first shape issue, 2002-- kate was photographed by helmut newton :heart:

the only pic from this shoot i can find is this teeny tiny pic.. i was hoping suffolk lad or maybe korravai might

have an idea on where to find the whole ed, because it is GORGEOUS

post-16964-0-1446070024-57081_thumb.jpg

Oooh, I wondered when this one was gonna come up! Especially when (at the time it was published) a few plus-size advocates on the web were complaining that it was, umm... "lacking a suitable degree of elegance"... would be the most polite term.

Yep, I do know where you can find the whole editorial, just come on over to my place and I'll show it to you! :laugh:

Last year, I was lucky enough to find a pristine copy of that Vogue issue on eBay, ordered it PDQ, and for the most part I've kept it in its plastic wrapper ever since it arrived!

As you might know, the whole ed used to be available on the BWGreyscale site... until nasty ol' Conde Nast (boo hiss) placed a cease & desist order on the site, demanding the removal of all pics scanned from Vogue & related magazines. (Which is why I needed to buy the mag on eBay...)

Wish I had a scanner, and a spare copy of the mag so I could remove the pages & show them to y'all.

Oh, and did I mention... the pic above is one of my absolute Kate faves, shows off her sense of fun & her quirky outlook on life.

And did I also mention... the guy in the pics... especially in the first pic where he's holding hands with Kate... looks a lot like I did 10 years ago!

(Okay, okay, give or take a bicep or two! ;) )

i wondered what happened with bwgreyscale!!

for about 6-8 months i didnt really go on the puter at all and then when i came back on to bwg

all the vogue stuff was gone!! and i think there was some bazaar stuff they used topost

damn conde nast and that tight arsed anna wintour <_<

lol on the give a bicep or 2 :p

well... im on a mission, im going to find it somehow by hook or by crook

and i agree RJ, i miss helmut very much.... he was a fetishist, and he had a fetish

for EVERYONE sexy, regardless of the particulars

lad, heres a signature, if u feel like using it

post-16964-0-1446070024-6404_thumb.jpg

post-16964-0-1446070024-77951_thumb.jpg

Today, February 25th, sees the start of the annual Fair Trade Fortnight around the world.

Here's a pic of a Texan student, also named Kate Dillon, who successfully campaigned for fair trade produce to be sold at her college in Houston:

Kate-Dillon.jpg

Yeah, okay, time for a confession -- I discovered that photo about 2 years ago, and just could not convince myself that the lady in the photo was The Actual Kate Dillon. It was a teeny-tiny photo, and I've always associated Kate with the West Coast, East Coast, Paris... never Houston!

Ironically, the Lone Star State is home to my favourite author, film director, tech-journalist, Houston-born rock chick, folk singer, all-female country band, & guy named Lyle with cool hair...

...But, Kate Dillon in Texas? Really? Naaah, too much of a coincidence!

The lightbulb moment had to wait til 6 months later (in Autumn 2006), when I discovered a (now deleted) Lifetime TV article about Kate which mentioned that she was off to Houston to study. (At that point, I might've just leapt up & down a little with excitement.)

Here's a link to the Fair Trade article in full...

And to the main Fair Trade site...

Best news of the week -- the sugar manufacturers Tate & Lyle are going 100% Fair Trade from the end of 2008!

And now, back to the fashion... :laugh:

Happy Birthday to...

Karolina Kurkova :heart:

and Natalia Vodianova :kiss:

and Ali Larter from Heroes :drool:

and the author Lemony Snicket :o

and... me! :fun:

Haha, Pisceans Rock!!!

According to the web, at least in the UK, the largest concentration of birthdays is at the end of September, early October, i.e. nine months after Christmas & New Year... but from personal experience I know there's also a big bunch around the end of Feb & early March, nine months after the Memorial Day/Spring Bank Holiday weekend! ;)

To celebrate, here's the rest of those Marina Rinaldi pics:

Pic 1: Smouldering

Pic 2: Scorching

Pic 3: Incandescent!

Enjoy! :)