Bellazon

THE ODDITORIUM

TheBaronOfFratton

Whilst we're here (if anyone else is here?), the previous Pope was pretty popular - is he still watching over us?

Apparently so, according to this picture:

post-11221-1200677591_thumb.jpg

According to the god-botherer responsible for this picture, this is "UNDENIABLE PROOF" that Papa Juan Pablo 2 is indeed watching over us.

Hmmm? Seems to me, were I wanting to prove my afterlife existence, that I'd choose something a tad more direct than a spurious shape in a random fire based on some fairly insignificant photo of me.

But perhaps that's where the Faith comes in...

Sorry, I forgot, it was UNDENIABLE..!

and fatmoose, i have that hitler 'mustache' pic myself...lol... but ive always debated its appropriateness

<or actually the likelihood of getting into trouble with the mods>

thank GAWD youve got the stones to post it. first time i saw it i almost pissed on myself

look baron!!! we got another freak!!!!

*chants*

we accept you

one of us

we accept you

one of us

lololol

and fatmoose, i have that hitler 'mustache' pic myself...lol... but ive always debated its appropriateness

<or actually the likelihood of getting into trouble with the mods>

thank GAWD youve got the stones to post it. first time i saw it i almost pissed on myself

look baron!!! we got another freak!!!!

*chants*

we accept you

one of us

we accept you

one of us

lololol

smurffamily.jpg

Miss Me..?

Some more DIVINE INTERVENTION from our varied God-Heads:

Here, Jesus sought fit to display himself on a rather inedible looking battered fish-stick...

...And on a similarly carcinogenic looking potato crisp (perhaps as an esoteric health-warning?)

Some joker tried it on with this Jesus Pancake:

But, come on! We're not stupid, are we?

This was later proved to be a FAKE (Because all the others are obviously spiritual handiwork... :whistle: )

Jesusfishstick.jpg jesus_on_a_potato_chip.jpg jesus_thompson.jpg

And MARY got involved too:

Again, one REALLY has to want to see it...

Not content with foodstuffs though, OUR LADY spooked some fearful types by turning up 'sort-of' like a tree:

"The tree's owner said she's not worried about the traffic." Oh good. Wonder how the neighbours feel about it though..?

Mary's Boy Child did try the tree-trick as well:

But it was a little bit crap...

jesus_cheese.jpg VM_TreeSmall.JPG jesus_tree.jpg

And this is in no way a Christian thing... ALLAH has made his presence felt in slightly savoury ways.

As Islam disallows iconography, Allah has to show himself in a more artistic form - principally Classical Arabic

Here he is on an egg:

And, famously, on some Roti, unleavened Indian bread:

And he upped the ante with this "writing-one's-name-on-a-lamb" trick:

(Y)

allahegg.jpg ya_Allah_bread.jpg allahlamb.jpg

Does GOD deem it necessary, or important, to write his name on the inside of an aubergine?

AND WHY???

What does it all mean?

Maybe... NOTHING!

PAREIDOLIA: Attaching significance to vague and random stimulus.

In September last year, this phenomenon struck in Jurong, Singapore when a tree resembling a monkey was deemed to be a manifestation of the Chinese 'Monkey' God, or 'Hanuman' of the Hindu religion.

Here HE is:

Apparently, a sign had previously been posted on the tree saying that a monkey had been spotted there 3 years ago - looking for his Father. And that a car-crash had split open the tree's bark, revealing the Monkey God. There had, infact, been several car-crashes at that same spot - but none had been fatal because of the tree's POWERS...

Thousands have since visited, leaving bananas and peanuts for the God - hoping he will give them luck (and lottery numbers).

Is it because the tree resembles a monkey - and therefore it reminded people of an important legend? And deep down we want these fetishes: Sacred objects that embody our beliefs in gods and spirits...

"BELIEVING IS SEEING"

godaubergine.jpg Monkey_tree__Jurong_West__The_New_Paper__Sep_07.jpg

Der RATTENKONIG

post-11221-1201050017_thumb.jpg

Tales were told over Europe of the Rattenkonig, or RAT-KING. A Hydra-like creature. A many-headed rat who could control his rat minions bringing plague and (ultimately) death to the town...

The truth was slightly more prosaic - but still wonderfully visceral.

Here's one:

post-11221-1201050390_thumb.gif

What ACTUALLY happens is that sometimes colonies of rats will live in such small spaces that their growing bodies and tails become entwined with dirt, blood, and faeces. When they attempt to pull apart the tails can become knotted.

This does go against perceived rat behaviour though, and although a few specimens exist, there is no documented live evidence of one.

- A jolly little breakdown from a preserved specimen in a German museum, showing the cause of the problem:

post-11221-1201050883_thumb.jpg post-11221-1201050917_thumb.jpg post-11221-1201050935_thumb.jpg

However, I've never been that interested in the mere prosaic. I prefer the glamour of the myth. It is easy to see how these incredibly rare CRYPTOZOOLOGICAL beings could create such fear. And seeing them could very well mean that a plague was coming - huge colonies of rats in a cramped space is never particularly sanitary...

But, really, I just ADORE this picture:

post-11221-1201051343_thumb.jpg