Bellazon

Natalie Portman
Thumbnail

wanderlust

I can't stand people compare Natalie to Keira.That's totally unfair.

Why? As someone already said, they were in a movie together in 1999. Know what movie that was? Star Wars: Episode I, where Keira played one of Natalie's lookalike handmaidens. Oh no!

Keira is maybe less in those intellect stuff as Natalie is, they can only be compared by their exterior appearance. Keira is much more in blockbusters than Natalie (who begun with Leon, remember...)

But, I can't help preferring Keira, she's just... cooler ^^ to my mind, of course

Keira doesn't really remind me of Natalie at all. Natalie has a very strikingly beautiful face, Keira not so much. Plus Keira has that annoying pout. I prefer Natalie, I loved that rap spoof she did on SNL. That was hilarious.

post-2047-1143921272_thumb.jpgpost-2047-1143921347_thumb.jpg

post-2047-1143921371_thumb.jpgpost-2047-1143921467_thumb.jpgpost-2047-1143921488_thumb.jpgpost-2047-1143921512_thumb.jpgpost-2047-1143921558_thumb.jpgpost-638-1119540555_thumb.jpgpost-2047-1143921630_thumb.jpgpost-2047-1143921642_thumb.jpg

VANITY FAIR 2006

post-2047-1143921657_thumb.jpgpost-2047-1143921771_thumb.jpgpost-2047-1143921842_thumb.jpg

VOGUE 2006

post-2047-1143921785_thumb.jpgpost-2047-1143921832_thumb.jpg

post-2047-1143921615_thumb.jpg

My opinion is that Natalie is a big-headed twig who is overrated as an actress and especially as an "intellectual" because the bar for Hollywood acting and intelligence among good looking girls is set so pathetically low as to set Scarlett Johansson as the standard. Keira also needs to eat a lot of food.

But to say they don't look alike? They effectively doubled for each other in The Phantom Menace.

It's not their fault, it's just that women (moreso than men) in movies are hired strictly for their look, not for whether or not they can play a character convincingly.

My opinion is that Natalie is a big-headed twig who is overrated as an actress and especially as an "intellectual" because the bar for Hollywood acting and intelligence among good looking girls is set so pathetically low as to set Scarlett Johansson as the standard. Keira also needs to eat a lot of food.

True, the standard for intelligence might be low in Hollywood, cough: Jessica Simpleson cough:. But they called Natalie an intellectual because she went to Harvard, one of the top universities in the world! That's pretty good- even by Mensa standards--DUH!!! You can argue not everyone who went to Harvard is "smart", like our coke snorting Dumbo the Dyslexic (sorry Dumbo the Elephant) in the White House, but I think Natalie got in by her own merits, not her pocketbook!

True, the standard for intelligence might be low in Hollywood, cough: Jessica Simpleson cough:. But they called Natalie an intellectual because she went to Harvard, one of the top universities in the world! That's pretty good- even by Mensa standards--DUH!!! You can argue not everyone who went to Harvard is "smart", like our coke snorting Dumbo the Dyslexic (sorry Dumbo the Elephant) in the White House, but I think Natalie got in by her own merits, not her pocketbook!

George Dubya went to Yale. People from both Harvard and Yale will fight you for mixing that up for one reason or another.

I actually do know people at Harvard, and they're probly just like her. Very dedicated, very booksmart - total morons. Listen to her quotes on life and politics sometimes, they're embarassingly vapid, which isn't too surprising given she got a pretty useless and unremarkable degree - just like the people I know (ok, not all of them, I know some really bright people at Harvard too) who go there.

Harvard, Yale, Oxford, Cambridge, Princeton etc - are only worth it if you're actually going to use the university for your benefit - and taking silly liberal arts classes and escaping with a degree don't make you smart. You won't learn anything different about Plato at Harvard that you couldn't learn at State College.

George Dubya went to Yale. People from both Harvard and Yale will fight you for mixing that up for one reason or another.

I actually do know people at Harvard, and they're probly just like her. Very dedicated, very booksmart - total morons. Listen to her quotes on life and politics sometimes, they're embarassingly vapid, which isn't too surprising given she got a pretty useless and unremarkable degree - just like the people I know (ok, not all of them, I know some really bright people at Harvard too) who go there.

Harvard, Yale, Oxford, Cambridge, Princeton etc - are only worth it if you're actually going to use the university for your benefit - and taking silly liberal arts classes and escaping with a degree don't make you smart. You won't learn anything different about Plato at Harvard that you couldn't learn at State College.

Few points to address here:

1) First, el presidente did to go to Yale AND Harvard- for his MBA. So nobody's gonna fight me, cuz I didn't mix anything up.

2) Yes, I do know alot of booksmart ppl as I went to a world renowned high school and went to Cornell- an Ivy League University. It is definately sad to see so called "smart" people who don't have a thought in their heads besides being able to recite the textbook in front of them.

3) I don't think Natalie is one of the above. Yes, she doesn't quite strike me as being incredibly "intellectual" per se in interviews, but in my book, she stills has more brains than the average Hollywood celebrity/poser crowd. She's also fluent in five languages! :neo2:

4) You called her "vapid", if you knew what the word meant, you'll know it has nothing to do with "intellect" but "character". Vapid means a lack of life, dull, flat, hollow. You can still be "vapid"- lacking depth, personality and character- while still be an "intellectual". In fact, most "intellectuals" are vapid..they're too into their books to have much perceived character. :whistle:

Heh, you got me on the vapid. Political science is my game, not English - wait... I'm an English major too - I just haven't gotten started on the latter yet, hah!

But anyway, here's an example of what I mean re Natalie:

- "My immediate reaction is that torture is wrong."

- "I don't think it's right to take down the Twin Towers."

- "Censorship is bad."

http://www.theblueandwhite.org/index.php?p...&article_id=609

That's some stunning logic right there.

Heh, you got me on the vapid. Political science is my game, not English - wait... I'm an English major too - I just haven't gotten started on the latter yet, hah!

But anyway, here's an example of what I mean re Natalie:

- "My immediate reaction is that torture is wrong."

- "I don't think it's right to take down the Twin Towers."

- "Censorship is bad."

http://www.theblueandwhite.org/index.php?p...&article_id=609

That's some stunning logic right there.

Pfff..UAHAHAHAHA! Omg W.O.W! :laugh: It's like, "are you freakin serious?" I'm hoping they only took the first sentence of her answer in each case, but I doubt it. I don't care much for her. In TV interviews, I always thought of her as kinda sarcastic, dry and just not a great person to interview. <_< But now, I can see what you mean, she's just dumb or SOMETHING. I'm speechless. :blink: :laugh: Check her answers to this, I was just thinking, like "WTF is wrong with her?!" It's freakin funny..Closer Interview

She says "I think" "I don't know" every other sentence. Some of her answers dun really make sense, oh GEEZ! :cain: What is she smoking?? :atoobie:

I guess the sarcasm signals that this threadjack is getting out of hand. I'd be more than willing to eat crow if it turns out the quotes were shortened or maliciously edited to make her look bad. Her interview was quite good enough to shed doubt on my initial statement.

Back to the topic (unless you want to PM);

e2163natalieportman4xn.th.jpg