Bellazon

Victoria's Secret (Non-Model Related Discussions)

PinkCouture

Victoria's Secret Says VW Super Bowl Ads Are Imitations
A Twitter battle between German Engineering and sexy girls in lingerie is not something we talk about every day, so we jumped at the chance to bring you our next story.

As you guys might have noticed, VW USA had one of the funniest halftime commercials ever for the Super Bowl. It showed how every time a Vdub reaches 100,000 miles, a German engineer gets his wings. Victora's Secret saw the ad and thought "hang on, that's not original" and sent Volkswagen USA a light slap on the corporate wrists: "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks, @VW." That sounds like fighting talk to us!
post-2904-0-1446067866-52954_thumb.png

But the Germans had VS's number and quickly retaliated with a video response, which you can see in the video section below. Your move angels!
post-2904-0-1446067866-54699_thumb.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPfUk13Lra0

autoevolution.com

I've laught for an hour because of this:

Heritage Volkswagen @AtlantaVW  Feb 2

But do you have butt rainbows? RT @VictoriasSecret: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks, @VW. #SB48 pic.twitter.com/Js13VCj7FG

Victoria's Secret ‏@VictoriasSecret  Feb 2

.@AtlantaVW @VW As if these needed rainbows. #AdBowl pic.twitter.com/iLMvzBH24z

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfhBRu9CIAEfSLc.png

Please textlink or upload images onto a host instead of hotlinking. This include images from facebook, instagram, pinterest, tumblr, twitter, VK, etc. For more information click HERE. Thanks! ~post edited by PinkCouture

Edited by PinkCouture

Victoria's Secret challenges Elkhorn woman's Pink Store trademark

Victoria's Secret, the upscale lingerie and loungewear retailer, is asking a federal agency to cancel the trademark of an Elkhorn-area online retailer, thepinkstore.com. The store's owner, Rebekah Doolittle, received a trademark registration last May for the name The Pink Store from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

Doolittle's e-commerce store, founded in 2011, features a variety of pink-colored items: from children's tricycles to handbags, cuff links and dog accessories, but does not offer any Victoria's Secret products. She's well known locally as a successful founder of a startup. However, Victoria's Secret is challenging Doolittle's trademark for several reasons, including the chain's concern that Doolittle's trademark could cause consumers to confuse her online store with the chain's Pink-branded apparel.

Doolittle declined to comment this week, but on her Facebook page she posted this response to the retailer's petition: “My Dear Victoria, The Secret is out, Neither bras nor panties are what pink's all about! Keep 'Pink' on your clothing we don't really mind. But going after our trademark is rude and unkind. So find in your heart this Valentine's Day — if you truly 'Love Pink' make this mess go away.”

The Chicago law firm that filed the petition for cancellation on behalf of Victoria's Secret said it could not comment on pending petitions. Such petitions that cite consumer confusion aren't unusual, said Robert C. Denicola, professor of intellectual property law at the University of Nebraska College of Law in Lincoln. And if the trademark office were to find in Victoria's Secret's favor, Doolittle would be able to continue using the name and operating her online business under thepinkstore.com. “Even if their trademark is canceled that doesn't mean they have to stop using the name,” he said.

Michael Breazeale, assistant professor of marketing at the University of Nebraska at Omaha, said that after perusing Doolittle's online store, he did not believe she was trying to benefit from an association with Victoria's Secret. “She defines herself by pink, but not by their pink.” Victoria's Secret holds an array of trademarks associated with its pink-branded lines, including “Pink is Life” and “Pink Nation,” the company said in its petition filed in December with the trademark office. Victoria's Secret has filed similar petitions involving the use of “pink” against a handful of other businesses. Among the benefits of holding a registered trademark: the right to use the trademark nationwide and to help obtain registration in foreign countries.

The pink product line, which the company launched nationwide in 2004, is available in Victoria's Secret stores and about more than 50 stand-alone Pink stores. “Sales of products bearing the Pink brand now exceed $1.5 billion annually,” the petition said. But Victoria's Secret could be making a mistake by going after the “little guy,” Breazeale said. “A brand is a very valuable asset, and you should protect it. But given how quickly news travels on social media, he said, the company could risk its reputation if customers start to associate Victoria's Secret with being a “pink bully — the nasty girl on the playground.”

omaha.com

• 1 month later...

News has hit Ten Towers that Victoria's Secrets are to open a beauty and accessories store in mainland China later this year. This is brilliant news for all Chinese VS fans. Unfortunately the shop won't be selling the diamond encrusted delicates that we've come to associate with the brand. (Shame.) But, on the plus, there will be a wide selection of fragrances, beauty products and accessories.

Victoria’s Secret tell-all book in the works

A tell-all book about Victoria’s Secret and one of its top execs is in the works, despite desperate attempts using private detectives and lawyers behind-the-scenes to block it. Page Six previously revealed that married VS CEO Sharen Turney carried on a torrid affair with Cliff Donenfeld, a Naples, Fla., luxury real estate broker. He alleged she planned to leave her husband for him after he “opened a door [for her sexually],” then became “instrumental in every aspect of her life” during a two-year affair, which ended in 2010.

After the scandal broke last fall, Donenfeld began writing a book. But sources tell Page Six that Turney has tried to block the embarrassing tome that could tell much more than just Victoria’s secrets. “After the article, Cliff noticed black SUVs outside his house,” said a source. “He was then contacted by a Victoria’s Secret private eye who wanted to meet with him and their lawyer.” A friend added, “They’ve been trying to shut Cliff down and convince him not to include her in his book. But he’s standing up for himself. His book has many people and many chapters. This is one chapter. He contributed to Victoria’s Secret.”

Another source said, “They are trying to thwart Cliff from doing this book. But this was a consensual sexual relationship. Victoria’s Secret is famed for its racy show, but the company’s based in conservative Ohio and they are not happy about the scandal.” The source added, “That’s what being rich is all about — be a freak, have affairs, do whatever you want. And write a big check. You have to be ­bullet-proof. It seems Cliff left some bullets in the chamber.”

Donenfeld, meantime, has moved on and is engaged to another woman. “His book is about redemption,” said a friend. “He was baptized in the past year and goes to church every Sunday. He’s doing really well in real estate.” When reached for comment, Donenfeld said, “It is in my rights to write my memoirs, and I will write them.” Victoria’s Secret declined to comment.

pagesix.com

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Iowa man posed as a Victoria's Secret rep to get women's lingerie pics

Sean Boies allegedly used University of Iowa students’ usernames and passwords to set up the online scam, which promised items from $25 gift cards to the store up to trips to Miami in exchange for the pictures. Two women fell for the scheme and submitted photos.

A sleazy Iowa scammer posed as a Victoria's Secret rep to trick women into sending him risqué snaps of themselves in lingerie, police said. Sean Boies allegedly phished the usernames and passwords of two University of Iowa students so he could set up a profile on Web-survey platform Qualtrics, reports KWWL.

The Iowa City 29-year-old then created questionnaires that he sent out to other female undergrads. In the messages, he claimed to represent the underwear company. He allegedly asked women who were interested in being flown to Miami for a photo shoot to upload sexy pictures of themselves in just their bras and panties. Two women fell for the hoax, reports the Quad-City Times. Cops were called, however, after one of the alleged victims became suspicious.

Boies was arrested and charged on Thursday with two counts of identity theft under $1,000 and unauthorized computer access, reports KCRG. During questioning, he reportedly confessed to creating the surveys specifically so he could receive pictures of women. Boies also admitted sending a second survey that promised a $25 Victoria's Secret gift card in return for information — rewards that he never actually sent out.

nydailynews.com

Sean Boies:

IX80CgI.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Victoria’s Secret And Walmart Have Reportedly Been Selling Customers Used Underwear

Fellas, did you find something special for your lady this Christmas? Perhaps some intimate apparel from a large lingerie chain? Well, if you did, you might wanna think twice about gifting it. According to a story from the Today show, major retailers like Victoria’s Secret and Walmart have been reselling used underwear.

However, Victoria’s Secret was different. A sales clerk took the returned underwear and “tossed” the two pairs behind her. According to Rossen, shortly after the transaction, the underwear was found back on display on a table for resale. At Wal-Mart, Today says a pair of “used” underwear was returned by one of Rossen’s producers. Not long after, footage captured an employee stapling new tags on the pair. Another worker questioned the nature of the return, and asked, “You think they wore that?” But the same pair of underwear was found for sale the next day.

Ok, ok, but maybe they’re washing it first. Maybe it’s being thoroughly cleansed before going back on the shelf. Wait…

The team also bought a set of underwear and a swimsuit from Marshalls. They took off all the tags and removed the protective liner from the bathing suit. Upon returning the merchandise, the saleswoman immediately put on new tags.

Yeah, nevermind. That’s just raunchy. The stores have since responded to the sanitary faux pas. From Victoria’s Secret:

“Our top priority is our customers’ satisfaction and safety. The actions you describe are a clear and significant violation of our policy. We take this situation very seriously and are taking immediate action to re-educate all of our associates on the proper way to handle returns.”

Pro-tip: If you’re buying underpants, smell them first.

Pro-TIP II: Always, always, always wash before wearing.

Pro-tip III: Keep your underwear on if you’re trying on a bathing suit. Otherwise you’re just an asshole.

Thank you.

uproxx.com

Link to original video source: http://msnbc.vo.llnwd.net/e1/video/flash/tdy_rossen_141218.flv

It's that's time again...SAS!!! :woot: The trend of it getting worst and worst each season continues :/ I couldn't find anything I wanted to online but I managed to find some stuff in a store. The VS stuff are mainly on the right.

post-2904-0-1446067869-01958_thumb.jpg

- VSFS 2014 T-Shirt

- Cotton Panty

- Sleepshirt

- Legging

- "12 Nights Of Sexy" Beauty Gift Set

Now the rest of you post what you got!!! :yes:

^nice! I wish I could have found more of the fashion show sweatshirts/tees stuff at my VS.

My haul. And only the first day :ninja:

post-42953-0-1446067869-67517_thumb.jpg

The Pink Nation sports bra I got a couple weeks back, but included it in the pic anyways. I was so happy to own the same PINK won Elsa wore :laugh: 

^nice! I wish I could have found more of the fashion show sweatshirts/tees stuff at my VS.

http://s12.postimg.org/q74lxmqul/securedownload.jpg

The Pink Nation sports bra I got a couple weeks back, but included it in the pic anyways. I was so happy to own the same PINK won Elsa wore :laugh:

Nice finds! (Y) Especially the bra & panty :D The store I went to had a very limited selection of hoodies and sweats :/ There were a couple of bras I liked but unfortunately they were either not within a reasonable price range and/or they didn't have it in my size. I will go to another store soon. Maybe right after SAS b/c they usually have further discounts on bras and panties and some of the leftover beauty sets :p

We don't have VS in colombia... so....  :cry2:

For now no but I am sure eventually they will have a store in Columbia :yes: Just know you are not missing out on much :no2: The stuff has really gone downhill. Prices has gone up but quality and selection has gone down :/ It is kinda a blessing in disguise :)

Nice finds! (Y) Especially the bra & panty :D The store I went to had a very limited selection of hoodies and sweats :/ There were a couple of bras I liked but unfortunately they were either not within a reasonable price range and/or they didn't have it in my size. I will go to another store soon. Maybe right after SAS b/c they usually have further discounts on bras and panties and some of the leftover beauty sets :p

Mine didn't have alot of hoodies and sweats either. :cry: :cry: I found a ton of bras at my store though. Only had enough money today for one. I actually don't usually buy VS bras, but the PINK ones. This one is my current fav.

https://www.victoriassecret.com/pink/all-bras/wear-everywhere-push-up-bra-pink?ProductID=211943&CatalogueType=OLS

Nice lift, cute patterns and very comfortable :thumbsup: During the sale my fav PINK bras are only 16.99 (as well as some of the regular VS ones.)

For now no but I am sure eventually they will have a store in Columbia :yes: Just know you are not missing out on much :no2: The stuff has really gone downhill. Prices has gone up but quality and selection has gone down :/ It is kinda a blessing in disguise :)

Their quality is alright, but not for the price they are asking. If I'm buying a $40-50 dollar bra, I want that shit to last :rofl: but for their semi annual sale prices, definitely :thumbsup: 

Their quality is alright, but not for the price they are asking. If I'm buying a $40-50 dollar bra, I want that shit to last :rofl: but for their semi annual sale prices, definitely :thumbsup:

Well, here in colombia there are those "beauty" vs stores, but here in my city there's no-one, so... but yeah, I've heard the prices are ridiculous, and I agree with you, if the prices are that high, the quality should be that high too. 

Mine didn't have alot of hoodies and sweats either. :cry: :cry: I found a ton of bras at my store though. Only had enough money today for one. I actually don't usually buy VS bras, but the PINK ones. This one is my current fav.

https://www.victoriassecret.com/pink/all-bras/wear-everywhere-push-up-bra-pink?ProductID=211943&CatalogueType=OLS

Nice lift, cute patterns and very comfortable :thumbsup: During the sale my fav PINK bras are only 16.99 (as well as some of the regular VS ones.)

I like PINK's Everywhere bras too! :D I usually get the demi because I have way too much push-up bras. Also they are more work appropriate ;) :p

Even with the SAS discount I still think some of the mainline bras are overpriced. I have easily found similar bras at other stores for a lower prices and much better quality :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, has anybody tried on some of the swimwear particularly the bandeaus? I'm thinking of getting the Very Sexy Strappy Bandeau: https://www.victoriassecret.com/swimwear/bandeau/strappy-bandeau-very-sexy?ProductID=6078&CatalogueType=OLS

In my case, I only buy VS panties and PJs.I bought some new beige briefs from the sale, but I gotta say, at my store, it was really hard to find them. All they had left was thongs, thongs and more thongs. When it comes to bras, I find the quality subpar and the prices too high. I mean, for 40-50 bucks, the least I expect is for them to actually fit me. In my experience, I found Calvin Klein and Agent Provocateur to be more well-fitting. Sure, they're more expensive but they have pretty awesome sales too.