Bellazon

Victoria's Secret (Non-Model Related Discussions)

PinkCouture

Victoria’s Secret CEO in alleged torrid affair

Sharen Jester Turney, the married millionaire CEO of Victoria’s Secret, has a sexy secret of her own: a torrid affair that lasted two years, Page Six has exclusively learned. Cliff Donenfeld — a luxury real estate broker in Naples, Fla. — says he met Turney, one of the world’s highest-paid female execs, at a party in about 2008. After they began a secret romance, he says she promised him a life together as well as a multimillion-dollar house they could share.

“I was instrumental in every aspect of her life for two years. I was her sounding board, personally and professionally,” claims Donenfeld, 50, who added he met Turney at a private party and then went to dinner with her again the next night. Soon after, “Sharen said if I ended any other romantic entanglements, we could see each other every two weeks.” He broke up with his girlfriend, and he and Turney began meeting in New York, Florida and Columbus, Ohio, where the lingerie line’s based. “[sexually] I opened a door for her that was closed,” he claims of the lingerie mogul.

Donenfeld says Turney, 56, was even planning to leave her husband of more than two decades for him, and Donenfeld made an appointment for her to see a New York divorce lawyer, but, “She wanted to wait till after the holidays [at the time] to let her husband [Charles] know.”

“We wanted to have a child,” said Donenfeld, who’s planning a tell-all titled, “Side Guys.” “She said we could adopt.” He added Turney promised him a home in Naples’ Port Royal community, and she socialized in Florida as his girlfriend.

Donenfeld never got the house, but he said Turney did give him a Cartier watch. By 2010, “the relationship started to dissipate,” but they remained friends. Just weeks ago, Donenfeld says, he asked Turney if she’d serve as a reference for him to make a jump to the fashion world. She refused, and, “[i was] very hurt and disappointed . . . I never got any credit I deserved for what I did for her.”

A rep for Victoria’s Secret’s parent, Limited Brands, said the company does not discuss employees’ personal lives. Turney did not respond to an e-mail requesting comment.

pagesix.com

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone knows who bad/good the London store (or stores?) is doing? I've heard from all my friends who have been to London lately that the store is always pretty empty. 

I'm just curious about it as I feel like VS didn't put that much effort into properly settling in England

^ I think the hype is pretty much over. Related to what you said, VS hasn't put much effort in promoting their London stores. There are rarely special events in London (Angels meet & greets, photo-ops, VIP shopping hours, etc). Also, I heard the stuff there is WAY overpriced even after price conversion. The prices in the US are pretty ridiculous. For them to charge even more overseas especially for sub par quality items is pretty lame.  I guess it is VS' way of compensating for the cost of shipping products there.

Do they even air the commercials in England? 

I feel like VS made the worst job at promoting the London store, they rarely mention them at all in social networks. I can see the store closing in the near future along with some stores, like the VS stores here in Venezuela are so expensive is just insulting ... For example a VS fragrance can easily cost you the same as a CK fragrance which I find completely ridiculous :idk:

I say should stick to the US & Canada, it's too late for an expansion IMO. Latin America already has La Senza and many other stores and in Europe there's La Perla, Agent Provocateur and many other brands that established already

That is a good question. I am not sure so they air VS commercials in England. Probably just in their stores and not on TV.

I agree, VS has a lot of competitors in other countries especially in Europe & Asia. VS is not doing enough to be competitive especially with their overpricing, below standard quality and lack of promotion of their stores/brand :/

Did they even have an Angel for the opening of the first store in London? I just don't get why investing money on going abroad if you're not willing to put your ass to work 

But yeah, the prices are what kills it for me. Heck it's cheaper for me to order from VS.com and ship it here than going to the actual VS store here 

^ Based on what Ale & Candi have said, A few of the Angels were suppose to be at the Grand Opening but VS decided to ditch the idea. Maybe b/c they thought it would be too chaotic with the Olympics in town.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Just got a top and more leggings from VS PINK:

post-2904-0-1446067844-89427_thumb.jpg
In black

post-2904-0-1446067844-94685_thumb.jpg post-2904-0-1446067844-97615_thumb.jpg

I am planning to get another pair with metallic lace on the sides (image not available online).

La Senza looks really cute, and I always love their images....Looking though, they really don't offer alot besides the basic bras/panties/lingere do they? Like loungewear, etc. Cause thats what I really like about VS, I love their sweatshirts and yogas :thumbsup:

I might have to order something from them sometime just to see how they compare. VS yogas and loungewear are great, along with the beauty and lotions, I buy them more than the actual bras and lingere  (VS sends me a free underwear card every 3 months, so I got tons of those :p )

Has anybody tryed VS's lip plumper? Its pretty good, your lips feel like they just got stung like a bee for 10 mintues, but it works :rofl:

^ I have been veering away from their intimate apparels the last few years. As you might already can tell, I am a huge fan of their leggings. In fact I am wearing the faux-leather right pair now! :rofl:

Yes, I have tried the lip plumper...only b/c I was paid to do so :p

La Senza used to have stores in the US. I actually liked most of their stuff. Too bad they didn't do well here :/

Victoria’s Secret’s PINK Headed Down Like Juicy Couture, Analyst Says

An analyst at Jefferies LLC says Pink, which accounts for 25% of Victoria’s Secret’s sales, may be peaking and primed for a Juicy Couture-esque decline.

Victoria’s Secret’s booming collegiate Pink line may be on the way out. Research analysts at Jefferies today released the results of a customer survey that they said shows the majority of women in Pink’s core audience are not buying more of the brand and don’t view it as becoming more popular in the future. “Overpriced” and “expensive” were the top words to describe Pink’s most notable qualities, according to the survey, and respondents said they would prefer to shop for lingerie and loungewear at cheaper stores.

It’s a surprising finding because Pink, which the lingerie giant introduced in 2004 to capture college and teen shoppers, has been a smashing success since its launch. The brand generated about $1.5 billion in sales last year from $500 million in 2006, accounting for nearly 25% of Victoria’s Secret’s $6.6 billion in annual revenue. Jefferies analysts led by Randal Konik said Pink’s declining popularity would be “detrimental” to the Victoria’s Secret chain, reiterating a sell rating on parent L Brands.

“If the PINK brand does fall somewhat out of favor, we believe this is similar to what played out at competitor Juicy Couture,” the analysts wrote. “PINK and Juicy Couture are similar in that they both target college age girls and a focus on lounge wear with novelty items such as the brand logo featured on sweat pants and sweat shirts.” Juicy’s sales fell 18% between 2008 and 2012 and profitability eroded even more significantly, they wrote.

Google search trends for “Victoria’s Secret Pink” and related terms are down from the past two years, particularly during the fourth quarter, which is another sign of the brand’s weakness, according to the note. The retailer has been opening standalone Pink stores, and has said the brand may be worth $3 billion in annual sales in a few years. As it stands, it currently makes more in yearly revenue than Lululemon. Justin Bieber sang during a showcase of Pink merchandise at last year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, showing the brand’s effort to appeal to younger shoppers.

buzzfeed.com

pg6Jtdw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Lingerie maker Hanky Panky sues Victoria’s Secret, accusing it of ripping off its ‘After Midnight’ line

Hanky Panky Ltd. has accused its big name competitor of stealing the name and concept of its 'After Midnight' line as well as a catchphrase it uses for other products

In this court case, no one is waiting until after midnight to let it all hang out. A popular lingerie maker has accused undergarment giant Victoria’s Secret of engaging in some underhanded hanky panky. In papers filed in Manhattan federal court, Hanky Panky Ltd. says Victoria’s Secret has ripped off the name of its “After Midnight” line, and is even using their catchphrase — “Indulge your inner flirt.” he suit says such actions are naughty, and that a judge should punish Victoria’s Secret. Reps for Victoria’s Secret did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

In its lawsuit, Hanky Panky describes itself as one of “the most highly respected companies in the United States,” and adds that it is “known for inventing its famous and distinctive lacy thong panty.” The company said it launched its highly successful “After Midnight” collection of “ultra-sexy lingerie” in 2010. The collection “includes panties, teddies and other lingerie directed at couples and gift packs containing lingerie and sexual accessories such as lubricants and candles,” the suit says. Industry giant Victoria’s Secret apparently took notice of the line’s success — Hanky Panky’s suit says the big name competitor “recently” launched its own “After Midnight” collection, which includes an “aphrodisiac candle” and massage oil, and is advertised in conjunction with its “very sexy” line of “intimate apparel and lingerie.”

Around the same time as the “After Midnight” launch, Victoria’s Secret also started a new sleepwear line, with the tagline “Indulge your inner flirt” — a trademarked phrase that Hanky Panky had been using in its ads since 2003, the suit says. The court action seeks to block Victoria’s Secret from using the “After Midnight” name as well as the catchphrase, and requests the court to award unspecified money damages.

nydailynews.com

• 3 weeks later...